Rambling on...

Options

Comments

• RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,890 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have a great weekend US. Hope the traffic in the Lakes isn't too bonkers.

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Had a nice weekend :D

Back to work this morning and honestly within half an hour it felt as if I had not been away at all...
    However, I have been told to take on another two members of staff and to employ a PA :eek:
    I've never had a PA before but then isn't a PA the expansion of a good secretary?
    No offence to any PA's or secretaries, I have been fortunate enough to have worked with an excellent office secretary in previous employment who was a fantastic woman and basically ran the entire office admin for myself and three other managers... I'm guessing, therefore, that she was a very, very, good PA then...
    I now have an idea of the type of person that I am looking for.
    Just a bit dazed at the changes tbh. Glad that my boss has now acknowledged how busy things are and has approved these changes.

Right, the wee furry one needs walked and then we'll get the tea on.

Hope awbiddy has had a grand weekend and today has been good too
    :A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad everything's going in the right direction

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh that is good news. You seem to have been working really, really hard recently and you could do with some support. A good PA/secretary is worth their weight in gold.
    Where did you go in the Lake District. I'm off to Keswick in December as usual. That's a great town if you have a wee dog.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news on the extra staff :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Scott-Weiland
    Options
    Good re the pa that will be a bit less stress for you once they are in place.

Did you make a decision on the bike front??
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Toni'sfriend - I was actually in Keswick. Myself and the furry one did a walk around Derwent water and we also visited the stones at Castlerigg. Keswick is my fave place in the lakes ;)

It's great that good changes are happening and hopefully I shall be able to enjoy my job even more as there will (hopefully) be less stress involved.
    My boss had noticed my early starts and late finishes and told me that he didn't want any of his staff spending their own time on company matters. He is a great believer in maintaining a healthy work / life balance. So I got a friendly telling off and approval for extra staff and a PA to cover all my admin :D
    It will take a wee while for it all to sink in though.
    Happy days :j:j:j
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Hi Scott :D

Going to have a look at a set of Clarks brakes, as it does look like they are the best ones to replace mine with... and they're much cheaper than their competitors too
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Scott-Weiland
    Options
    Hi Scott :D

Going to have a look at a set of Clarks brakes, as it does look like they are the best ones to replace mine with... and they're much cheaper than their competitors too

A friend has them on his bike there not up there with hopes but he rates them miles above Shimano's.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My boss had noticed my early starts and late finishes and told me that he didn't want any of his staff spending their own time on company matters. He is a great believer in maintaining a healthy work / life balance.
    That's a good place to be. Wish there were more people like him.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback