Options

Comments

• UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Morning Folks :D

Busy day again today...

Interviewing another two potential PA's and then I have a presentation to attend for a client.

Busy but in positive ways.

Will try and get on this evening when I get home.

Wherever you are and whatever you're doing have a grand day
    :A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Hi folks...

As those of you who follow my diary will know, I am going through the process of sequestration (Scottish Bankruptcy).
    Sequestration lasts four years and the person going thru the process pays an Insolvency practitioner (IP) appointed by the Accountant in Bankruptcy (AiB) a monthly Debt Contribution Order (DCO) payment based upon what they can afford from their SOA.
    People going thru this process are usually discharged from their bankruptcy after a year however the DCO continues for a further 3. I was discharged from bankruptcy at end of July...

In this past week I have received communications from creditors, who are included in the sequestration, looking for payment of "outstanding debt"???
    I shall, of course be contacting my trustee and forwarding these communications to them.
    I am wondering if it something to do with my discharge, as it shows on my credit file...
    Anyway, have posted on the Bankruptcy and Living With It board to see if anyone else has experienced similar.
    I'm not worried about it as I know the trustee will deal with them.

So... the search for a PA...
    Well, of the two I interviewed the other day I have asked one to come back next week for another interview, along with the one from the other week.
    Both are quite similar, however one does have a few years more experience...
    As these are second stage interviews my boss will be conducting them along with me. I have discussed both candidates with him and we are hopeful of deciding on which of them to make offer to immediately after concluding these interviews :D

Tomorrow we are orf adventurising somewhere... don't know where as yet as GF is picking the direction n destination and hasn't decided yet.

Have a grand weekend folks
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Waves, I saw a pup today just like your wee beauty!

Can't help much with the financial stuff - but I do hope you find someone PA-wise that suits you and the team. We're about to approach a 'good gardener' about a post with us. They just fit. Fingers crossed, cos I cannae be everywhere all the time.

The wee pup is still desperately mourning the aulder dug. Its heartbreaking to see. I'm trying my hardest but at work he's OK, at home, he just needs to be carried from the car and he hides in the corners under the sofa. Unhappy hound :(

Any tips?
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • UncannyScot
    edited 25 August 2018 at 8:22PM
    Options
    HI Pippi :hello:

I've found the following links for you on dog's mourning and hope you can find something to help the poor wee pup... most folks just recommend maintaining routine and giving them time to come to terms with the change in their wee lives.

https://www.cesarsway.com/dog-behavior/problem-behaviors/a-dog-in-mourning-helping-our-pets-cope
    https://www.cesarsway.com/dog-behavior/problem-behaviors/dogs-mourning
    https://www.bluecross.org.uk/pet-advice/how-help-grieving-dog
    https://www.pets4homes.co.uk/pet-advice/what-to-do-for-a-dog-that-is-grieving.html

Keep on giving him much love and fusses and he'll get there...
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Hi folks...

In this past week I have received communications from creditors, who are included in the sequestration, looking for payment of "outstanding debt"???
    I shall, of course be contacting my trustee and forwarding these communications to them.
    I am wondering if it something to do with my discharge, as it shows on my credit file...
    Anyway, have posted on the Bankruptcy and Living With It board to see if anyone else has experienced similar.
    I'm not worried about it as I know the trustee will deal with them.

A

IN my experience its 2 things:

1. Now the bankruptcy has finished the debt will be sold along with thousands of others in a bulk deal and the buyer doesnt know who is bankrupt and who isnt. Its the original creditor who is in the wrong here.

2. They are sending it in the hope that you pay them as they think you are thick and dont understand Insolvency law and will pay them.

Ignore, ignore, ignore

Have a fab weekend
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Evening folks :D

EE - Thank you :D
    My OR / IP said the same basically and just to pass on details of any comms like these to them so that they can deal with them and tell them, in a totally professional way, that they have made a VERY serious mistake :D

I have a PA :j:j:j
    They start 1st October :j:j:j

It's the second of the two candidates and my boss and I agree that they are the one most suited to what I need, as well as the business.
    Experienced, knowledgeable and a TP fan too ;)

I have a very nice IPA to brew on my next batch, Razorback IPA, it's very like Joker IPA apparently and if so I will be in home-brew heaven :beer::beer::beer:

Hope awbiddy is doing well
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news on the PA :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,521 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad you've got a PA sorted, hopefully they will take some of the pressure off you.

New brew sounding good, enjoy :)
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • ftbwannabe
    Options
    The PA & the IPA both sound grand!
    Starting debt (Aug 2018) £17,900
    Debt free September 2021
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Evening Folks :D

The Razorback IPA is now brewing :beer:
    Adding the hops in 5 days.

Had a grand day out with me bestie yesterday, hiking on one of our favourite hills with the wee dug. The wee dug had a great time running about daft and saying hello to everyone she met and was great with other doggie hikers too :D
    Last night the wee lass fell asleep on my lap... snoring her wee head off and I couldn't move as I didn't want to disturb her. Eventually she rolled over and I could breathe again...

Today myself and GF went walking in the local hills with the dugs and then back to mine for dinner. She is also looking forward to the IPA being ready :D

Has been a good weekend :j:j:j

Hoping everyone else has had a grand time
    R.I.P. T.P.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure