Rambling on...

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad that you have had a guid weekend :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Afro Folks :D

Has anyone else had the experience of being locked out of Opinion Outpost?
    Despite me attempting to log in using the correct details I have been locked out of my account there... tis a PITA :mad: as I am very near to what I was wanting to cash out this week.

Otherwise been not a bad weekend.
    Gardening done, grass cut and tidy up.
    Been hiking with GF and wee furrys followed by pub lunch today.
    Having Sunday dinner at GF's later.

Hope awbiddy is having a grand weekend
    :D
    :A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    I am really, really worried that I have made a HUGE error...

As most of you will know my Mum helped with a wee car last year.
    I stupidly didn't think to inform the trustee...

Have posted on the Bankruptcy and Living with it board the following to see if anyone could advise;

Hi,

Going thru Sequestration and was discharged from bankruptcy end of July.
    My OR / IP / Trustee has just contacted me for review of my circumstances and I am in a panic as my Mum basically paid for me to get a car last year, so that I could more easily visit and take her shopping / trips away etc she also covered the insurance and tax on it for the year...
    Just a wee cheap runabout, worth less than £2k...
    In my excitement at being helped out with this and that it was not costing me anything for the year I didn't think to inform the OR / IP / Trustee...
    I am now having to cover the running costs of the car and it was only when I started to budget and put these costs together that I realised my error...
    Any advice please, really concerned that I have made a huge mess of everything in not thinking to inform them about this

Just scared that I have really, seriously, ruined everything by not thinking to inform them, genuine error of omission or not...
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    So far I've been advised to basically 'fess up and tell them, which was what I was thinking of doing anyway...

Honestly, it was when I was putting down the figures last night for the running costs, insurance, VED, servicing/MOT, fuel etc. that I experienced that sudden cold dread feeling of, "Oh sheet...!"
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    So far I've been advised to basically 'fess up and tell them, which was what I was thinking of doing anyway..

That seems like a good idea. Explain the circumstances to your Trustee asap to put your mind at rest. You mind find that it'n not really that much of a problem.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Hi Uncanny,

Yay to the PA, that'll help loads :) Good that she's a Pratchett fan too.

Boo to the creditors and yay to your trustee dealing with them.

Sorry I don't know about the car problem, but agree, fess up and I'm sure things will be fine.

Look forward to hearing how the homebrew is going to taste.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Cant see it being a problem as it wasent your money that paid for it.
    Here's hoping.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Happy days :D :j:j:j

Update - Bit bullet and contacted trustee and 'fessed up...

Was told, NOT a problem, as it is worth less than £2k. Quite common for folks to be helped out this way by family / friends and it's not an issue... what a HUGE relief.

So, all I need do now is provide a copy of my revised I&E.
    Provide them with copies of the paper work showing costs of the vehicle when bought, receipt, insurance, VED etc.

So, releived right now
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • That's great news hun and well done for biting the bullet x
  • Lucifa73
    Lucifa73 Posts: 7,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done facing up to it and GREAT news that it isn't a problem.
    26.2.19/14.1.19: T MC 3629.26/3629.26 : VM 0% 1050/13876.59 : W 0% 100/1485 = 4409.26/18990.85 =25.17%
    28.1.19/28.1.19 Hubs 0% £400/£2,977 =13.44%
    SPC 2019 #073

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport