Rambling on...

Options

Comments

• UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Evening Folks :D

Been a grand day today. Adventurising in the hills with GF and the wee mad furries, followed by a lovely pub lunch / dinner in a lovely proper beer garden.
    My wee furry was trying out a new harness today and I am so glad that it has calmed her from pulling like a train and choking on her collar. She walks great now and doesn't pull, more comfortable for both of us :D
    Hope awbiddy has had a good one today
    :A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm glad you have been reassured by the Trustee.
    Sounds like a lovely day yesterday.
    I am so pleased that everything is working out for you now.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Hi Folks...

I tried to do a lasagna for tea today... I thought the sheets had to be done like pasta an boiled to soften em prior to layering in dish :o
    Thankfully GF arrived early for tea and prevented it from being a total disaster :o

We ended up having a nice kinda spagbol thingy...
    She called the Besties missus and told her about it too. Never hear the end of it now :o
    Shame* :o Shame* :o Shame* :o
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,521 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Best stick to brewing beer US :rotfl:

Glad your mind was put at rest by the trustee :)
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm just impressed that you actually tried to make it. I think it used to be the case that lasagne sheets had to be softened first but not any more. And anyway so long as it tasted good it's not a problem.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi Folks...

I tried to do a lasagna for tea today... I thought the sheets had to be done like pasta an boiled to soften em prior to layering in dish :o
    Thankfully GF arrived early for tea and prevented it from being a total disaster :o

We ended up having a nice kinda spagbol thingy...
    She called the Besties missus and told her about it too. Never hear the end of it now :o
    Shame* :o Shame* :o Shame* :o
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Sorry:rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Evening :D

Been busy (as per...) All good though.

Search is on for a PA and have already interviewed two people so far. One of whom is a defo NO... and the other is a possibly mibbie...
    The defo NO just didn't come across as in anyway able to perform the required role. They were quite (ok, very...) young, early twenties and although they came across as confident at first they seemed to waver (wither?) as the interview went on.
    They apparently had no real hobbies or interests??? I mean like really, NO interests :eek:
    For example;
    So what do you do to unwind and relax out of work, you know interests, hobbies? Erm, nothing really....
    Do you like to read, what kind of books / authors do you read? Not into reading...
    What kind of Films do you like? Don't go to the cinema really...
    What kind of Music do you like? Oh, just whatever's on the radio, you know...
    So what radio stations do you listen to then? Clyde One...
    By this point they hadn't just killed their chances stone cold dead but had tilled and salted the very ground of their burial as well...
    Needless to say the agency that sent them got a LOT of feedback on their candidate and all very constructive ( I was nice, honest ;) )

The possibly mibbie one was good... mid-thirties, experienced and knowledgeable. Varied interests, well read mostly mainstream though they are a Pratchett fan (major point there lol )
    Music again mainstream but not a lot of ahem carp
    and they did a little voluntary charity work :D

I have another two to get through this week and hope to be able to find someone soon.
    The other positions in the team have been filled already so we just need to secure the departmental PA now.

The lasagne incident has still not died down... it is getting pasta joke now...

Hope all is well with all
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,521 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Personally speaking a good PA is experienced and probably more mature, well used to looking after people. As a PA you need to be one step ahead of your boss at all times and know what exactly they want before they do. Guess what - I'm a PA :)

Good luck :)
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,224 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm chuckling a lot at a must read Pratchett as a 'desirable' criteria . I generally use the more HR friendly ones around describe a typical days workload in your current job, and what do you think you would be doing in this job (strategy, ha ha ha ha have you actually read the description?), how would you describe the best job (and/or boss) you have had and why did it stand out. If you could wave a magic wand and change something about your current job what would it be and so on.

I blanch the lasagne sheets before I use them too. Mind you, I hate pasta so its a good way to stop them asking for lasagne regularly. Such a pain to make.
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Personally speaking a good PA is experienced and probably more mature, well used to looking after people. As a PA you need to be one step ahead of your boss at all times and know what exactly they want before they do.

Bang on the button there ;)

Redo - the hobbies and interests questioning was part of the "tell us a bit about yourself" section of the interview. Had already done the, "what do you think the role requires" and "what do you think you could bring to the role" questions and the "strengths and weaknesses" etc.
    Honestly, it was bad, not the worst interview I've ever had to endure though and I am sure a lot of it was due to their confidence crashing when they realised that they were overstretching themselves and that the role was a LOT more than they first thought. To be fair, they were very young and inexperienced and it showed. I really hope that the feedback we gave back to the agency will help them to learn from the mistakes they made and realise that when aiming for high targets to make sure they have the appropriate ordinance ;)

Anyhoo, time to hit the hay
    G'nite folks
    R.I.P. T.P.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure