🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Rambling on...

Options

Comments

• Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope you are all having a wonderful time in the lovely north and the weather is not too dramatic.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hiya Folks! :D

Had a grand few days away and managed to avoid most of the nasty changes in the weather.
    We didn't manage to get oot to the islands this time around, however we hope to at sometime in the not to distant future. We went up roon Oban to Fort William then to Arisaig then up to Spean Bridge and the commando memorial to say hello to my late uncles and their comrades. Lovely to see all the memorials to special forces personnel together and despite their friendly rivalry Para's and Marines, SBS and SAS all together... Each of my uncles had some of their ashes interred in wee urns alongside their old comrades.

We had a grand time wild camping with the wee furries (no campsite fees and saved a fortune).
    GF returned to work yesterday as she only had a few days whereas I have rest of week :D

Today, the wee furrybum and I went and visited / met a Fellow MSE'r :D
    Popped along to meet Pippi at her lovely gardens (the gardens are gorgeous and well worth a visit folks) and Pippi is as nice a wee person in RL as she is on here folks
    Had the pleasure of a personal tour and my wee dug ran aboot daft with Pippi's younger hound.
    Thanks Pippi and hopefully my GF and her wee dug will make it next time.

Noo to make sumthing for our tea tonight...
    Hope awbiddy is doing grand :D
    :A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,751 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Our Pippi is indeed as lovely in RL as here :)
    You must have been fairly near to me!
    Glad that you had a good break :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    What a lovely break, US. We used to go there with Himself's late sister all the way to Mallaig. Just one of the most scenic journeys and the fish is just fabulous.
    And how lovely for you to meet Pippi.
    You seem to be getting on really well with GF. So pleased to hear that. How's your wee Mammy?
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Hi Toni'sfriend

The wee mammy is doing grand thanks.
    She has met the GF and... the two of them get on great :eek: :rotfl:
    My wee mammy has NEVER liked any lassie that I've introduced to her as my GF so I'm really pleased but also shocked and joked with GF as to "what did you do to my mam? She likes you!!!" :rotfl:
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    Aw, that's lovely. Makes such a difference when your Mammy likes her. She must be a lovely girl then.
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Morning Folks :D

Toni'sfriend - she is a lovely girl and I am really glad my wee mam thinks so as well :D

I have been so glad of my week off this week. I really needed the break. Things have been so busy with work that I was close to burn out... this week has allowed me to get my breath back and regain focus.

I am hoping tomorrow to get away down to the Lake District and do some hills there over weekend.
    Dependent on the weather conditions possibly do Helvellyn via Striding Ridge.
    Or may just generally amble about the hills n lakes.

Hope everyone is doing grand and has a lovely weekend
    :A
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning Uncanny,

It is so lovely that your mam likes your GF, she really must've made a great impression on you! :)

Enjoy your ramble this weekend xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,751 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy your weekend :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have a lovely weekend

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure