🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Rambling on...

Options

Comments

• Lucifa73
    Lucifa73 Posts: 7,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would love another tattoo. I have a wee one already but fancy something much bigger. let me know how you get on as it would be comforting to go to someone based on word of mouth. I have a friend who has had some and whilst she is happy, I don't really think the work is great ... I have some vague notions around wolves and witchery but can't quite pull it together myself so I need someone trustworthy...

Hope you had a cracking weekend in the sun - I'm pretty sure the pup will be recovering today while you are at work!
    26.2.19/14.1.19: T MC 3629.26/3629.26 : VM 0% 1050/13876.59 : W 0% 100/1485 = 4409.26/18990.85 =25.17%
    28.1.19/28.1.19 Hubs 0% £400/£2,977 =13.44%
    SPC 2019 #073

• UncannyScot
    Options
    Hi Lucifa!

Will PM you details ;)

Had a grand weekend :D

:A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Hi Uncanny,

How's the homebrew going? xx
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Hiya Purplemumof2 :hello:

Homebrew is currently undergoing the process of Bottle Conditioning and should be ready to drink for this weekend :D Really looking forward to this one... a full update will of course be provided ;)
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Evening Folks :D

Homebrew update... It's a nice brew but it's not as good as I had hoped it would be. However, it may be that it suffered from the change in weather and the resultant lower ambient temperature as it just doesn't have the flavour that it's meant to have. Have given a couple of bottles to my mates who are homebrewing experts for their analysis and advice.
    Will try it again sometime.
    Next two batches are going to be a stout and another IPA. Both of which are by Wilko at £12 a pop. They each require 1Kg of brewers sugar which was another £2.40 each, so £14.40 for a 40 pint batch equals... erm... 36p per pint :D
    Have brewed the stout before and it turned out a nice pint so thought I would give the IPA a wee try as well.
    They have a nice new range of brews at £16 each which I may also give a try later.
    Thinking of buying a heat wrap for my fermentation barrel for brewing during winter period to ensure consistent brewing temperature of >20 C.

Work update - New PA is settling in very well :D I have a business trip next week and she has already everything in hand to ensure that everyone will get on what they're supposed to be doing while I am away.

Finances - ticking over at the moment. Going to be tight from now into next year.

Life in general - living frugally but contentedly.

Hope awbiddy is doing grand :D
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,790 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad all going well :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Morning folks :D

My brewing gurus have analysed the brew and reckon that it may have suffered a cold crash in the latter stages of the brewing process... basically if the temperature of your brew falls below 20C it can halt fermentation as the yeast is killed off. It is drinkable, it's ok but they agree it should be much moreish in it's flavour as it doesn't taste as good as it should do. They also recommend a heat wrap to help keep temp stable. They have also said the Wilko brews are good and that they're made by Muntons for Wilko and that Muntons is good stuff :D

Right back to what I'm supposed to be doing again ;)

Have a grand day folks
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Scott-Weiland
    Options
    Send the stout my way I could do with a couple before my run, purely for medicinal iron blood boosting content lol x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi Uncanny,

How's things? Missing your updates. Hope that the business trip went well?

Pmo2
    x
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Hi Folks :D

Just a quickie, all good in the hood and will post a proper update tonight when I get home :D

R.I.P. T.P.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport