How much is a pint in your local?

Options
Former_MSE_Andrea
Former_MSE_Andrea Posts: 9,614 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post I've helped Parliament Rampant Recycler
edited 13 February 2017 at 3:04PM in Going out deals
This poll was started in 2013 but is still as popular as it was then. Join in and tell us what a pint costs where you are now.

Back to the original post...

We'd love to know what a pint costs in your neck of the woods and Friday night's as good a time as any to ask!

Are you living within spitting distance of a holy grail, super cheap pub or do you need to sell a liver to buy one in your local?

Vote and post to let us know.
If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply!

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

How much is a pint in your local? 432 votes

Under £1 - No way, you have to be joking - let us know where you live!
0%
SmallLmaccaroon 2 votes
£1 to £2
7%
gatitaffacoffipawbdesperate_danwoody505shammyjackHappychappyattie_2000johnnyshuttlescootw1pknottmMobeerharz99korky69[Deleted User]reidy666captainbeakerMacMicksterKrapelloStacFaceWillow92 31 votes
£2 to £3
34%
ReaperblueghostIntoodeepmarleyboydeanoszappomaticpww2004nearlyrichphilcdavrih2010Michael_NottinghamflapjackboyKeithlittleminx_2baz.jaqgjchestersurfsisterSymanailuro2quidsinquentin 148 votes
£3 to £4
46%
PrudentSuewrebarmonkeyshopbotboiler_manBooked_moss1jimgingerdadbasilldivadeebrandydogesuhlbagpuss1965WestywoodpeckerViksBSwafebiggrizzcurlscoffeebeanMountain_Man_2 201 votes
£4 to £5
9%
judyVampgirlAmanda4242schoolrunmumdanthemoneysavingmanDiane60tinkerbelono44MrsB2004claire5005_2DCFC79AndyGuilkittendothroarSenseicadsbrowneyedbazziIts_a_secretKEROUAC1957theblaggerla_troncgman1981 40 votes
£5 and over - No way, you have to be joking - let us know where you live!
2%
mummytummyqetu1357simonlillytejsmithLinda_D_2Steven_ElliottFormer_MSE_ZoricaCycrowGhostlikeSaveECRewards 10 votes

Comments

• Pee
    Pee Posts: 3,826 Forumite
    Options
    £2 to £3
    I have paid over £5. In Iceland, just, and in Norway... I think it was £9...
  • Pee
    Pee Posts: 3,826 Forumite
    Options
    £2 to £3
    Never less than £1 but they did have lots for £1 when I was in uni - 20 years ago.
  • criboo
    criboo Posts: 104 Forumite
    Options
    £2 to £3
    Student in Edinburgh, right pub on the right night £1.50-£2, student union £2.30 and the nearest pub to me £4.20 =/
  • Sparhawke
    Sparhawke Posts: 1,420 Forumite
    Options
    £2 to £3
    £2.35 for me at my favourite pub :)
    "Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good Luck" - The Doctor.
  • geri1965_2
    geri1965_2 Posts: 8,736 Forumite
    Options
    £2 to £3
    A pint of what? Bitter is a lot cheaper than lager. Our local sells Kronenbourg for £2.80.
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    No idea, i wouldnt spend it. I'd rather get a 4 pack from the supermarket and stay at home.
  • Perranlady
    Perranlady Posts: 1,356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Pint of Doom Bar in our local £3.70 - major rip-off!! Go to the next village and its £2.80 - Nr Penzance, Cornwall
  • Sparhawke
    Sparhawke Posts: 1,420 Forumite
    Options
    £2 to £3
    Tell me about it Perran, I live in Blackburn and right next to the Thwaites tower brewery a bitter is £2.40 yet 15 miles away in Rossendale the price is £1.80

Breweries set the prices and rents of their pubs, so are ridiculously overpriced, one guy my friends know sells casks of beer at lower the wholesale price and still makes a good profit!
    "Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good Luck" - The Doctor.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't have a local, they all closed down and got flats built in their place. Seems the prime land they were sitting on was more profitable to the breweries than the beer they were selling.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • Caz6
    Caz6 Posts: 86 Forumite
    Options
    £2 to £3
    Until last year, a pint of Ruddles ale in Wetherspoons in Derby was 99p on Mondays. I think its gone up to an eye watering £1.29 now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure