Easyjet Tricks - guide discussion

Options

Comments

• Pdcjml
    Options
    I am looking to fly out on a Saturday to Thursday in October during school holidays but will try the Flexifare trick and book flights a week later which are much cheaper. Does anyone know, if I book Flexifare, do those flights need to be the same days as the real flights I will be changing them to? (Do I have to book Sat-Thur or can I book Thur-Thur as they are cheaper?)
    I am aware I need to book the same route. Look forward to some help......
  • SW17
    SW17 Posts: 858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Jan159937 wrote: »
    Just wondering if you have to claim a refund before you fly?

My son's been abroad and obviously doesn't want to call the Easyjet 0330 number from abroad. Can he call once he's back, ie after he's actually flown or must it be done beforehand?

If you are talking about a refund under the Price Promise, this is not possible. The lower fare needs to be available to book at the time the claim is made on the phone, which is clearly not possible after the flight.

Pdcjml wrote: »
    I am looking to fly out on a Saturday to Thursday in October during school holidays but will try the Flexifare trick and book flights a week later which are much cheaper. Does anyone know, if I book Flexifare, do those flights need to be the same days as the real flights I will be changing them to? (Do I have to book Sat-Thur or can I book Thur-Thur as they are cheaper?)
    I am aware I need to book the same route. Look forward to some help......

As long as the new date of the flight being changed is not more than a week prior to, or 3 weeks later than, the originally booked date, you can change to any day you want within that window, subject to availability. Flexi fares bookings cannot be changed in the first 24 hours after booking.

http://www.easyjet.com/en/help/booking/flexi-fares
  • I'm sorry but that Flexi Price seems to be some poor quality joke. Just checking prices for next month to Alicante. ALL OF THEM well over £200. So for the family of 5 it will be something like £1100-1200...
    I paid £700 from Ryanair last school holiday.
  • The_Groat_Counter
    Options
    I'm sorry but that Flexi Price seems to be some poor quality joke. Just checking prices for next month to Alicante. ALL OF THEM well over £200. So for the family of 5 it will be something like £1100-1200...
    I paid £700 from Ryanair last school holiday.

Don't buy the Flexi fare then - simples!

I imagine that as time has gone on, easyJet have wised up to the Flexi fare 'workaround' and fine tuned their pricing strategy accordingly.

The Flexi fare is really aimed at the business market, where flexibility is an important attribute.
  • Apzm
    Options
    Surprised this trick is not 1 of the 18 easyJet tricks on money-saving expert's website. It only works for flights starting from abroad.
    1) If you're flying a single flight from a non uk airport to any destination with easyJet, first add any flight originating in the uk to the booking, let's say London to Zurich, then add the flight you want to book by clicking add more flights, then click continue and then click the cross in the corner of the London to Zurich flight to remove it and you're remaining flight will have gone down in price by about 15% compared to booking it without this trick.

2) If you're booking a return flight let's say Athens to Manchester one does the trick as follows: if I book
    Athens to Manchester 21/12 returning 23/12 it's £315. If you first add Manchester to Athens on 23/12 to the booking and then click add more flights and add Athens to Manchester on the 21/12, the price will go down by £30 to £284. I checked it through to the payment page and it stays at 284. Basically what you're doing here is adding the second flight before the first.
    The logic behind this trick is that any easyJet booking where the first booking is a flight starting from the uk, any flights in the same booking that are not starting in the uk, get a 15% discount automatically. In 1) you're adding a uk flight first to get the discount and then removing the uk flight but still getting the discount, in 2) you're actually using both flights just adding the return flight before the outward flight to the booking.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Welcome to MSE Apzm, it's not in the tricks but has been discussed in the forums where more reasons are detailed.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Apzm
    Options
    richardw wrote: »
    Welcome to MSE Apzm, it's not in the tricks but has been discussed in the forums where more reasons are detailed.

Can you let me know the link to where this deal have been discussed? Thanks
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Apzm wrote: »
    Can you let me know the link to where this deal have been discussed? Thanks

In this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5186419
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • ianchambers
    Options
    Just booked 4 return flights to Dalaman, Turkey, for the last two weeks of May 2017; including extra legroom both ways for a total of £526 (which includes the credit card fee)! :-)
  • JimLadAaaHa
    Options
    Hi,

I did just try your "Beat the school hols price hike with the 'book the wrong date' trick" - but actually in its terms and conditions it does say that any "additional" price difference will be added to your ticket price but any discounted price will not be refunded!!! So I think this solution no longer works?!?!?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback