Easyjet Tricks - guide discussion

Options

Comments

• eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,584 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I fully understsnd what you are saying and there is no easy solution but when you click on a certain price and have entered in all you`re details you don`t expect the price to go up
    It happened to me a few years ago, booking a flight for the following week. I think I had already clicked to pay and the message came up that the fare was no longer available and was now a few quid more. Annoying of course, but somebody's payment on the last seat at that price had gone through just before mine could. I suspect that's the only way the booking system can work, when you think about it. Not everybody who goes through the booking process actually clicks to pay. Until your payment goes through, the seat price is not guaranteed - how else could it be..?

These days I book on the easyJet app, all my personal and card details are already there so it just takes a matter of seconds. The chance of a price jump is almost zero.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • Owen2003
    Owen2003 Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I hope I'm not hi-jacking this thread and I know I could ask Easyjet themselves but I thought I'd ask those in the know........

The website doesn't seem desperately clear but would I have to pay to put a push chair in the hold (the same as any other hold luggage)?

At £44 total I think for both ways that seems a bit steep......

Thanks
  • leylandsunaddict
    Options
    Owen2003 wrote: »
    I hope I'm not hi-jacking this thread and I know I could ask Easyjet themselves but I thought I'd ask those in the know........

The website doesn't seem desperately clear but would I have to pay to put a push chair in the hold (the same as any other hold luggage)?

At £44 total I think for both ways that seems a bit steep......

Thanks

Their website is quite clear to me.

https://www.easyjet.com/en/help/preparing-to-fly/flying-with-children
  • Purplepony
    Options
    Great guide thanks. Regarding refunding the difference if the fare drops after you've booked, can you do this more than once? I gather that the lower fare must be available at the time you phone EasyJet? For example, we've recently booked flights for March and today they're £10 cheaper, so is it worth claiming today in case they fall further in future?
  • rufford155
    Options
    We got a very worthwhile refund last year when our booked flights' price dropped.
    Phone call didn't take long and an email was sent quickly with a voucher code.
    We rang to use it later for more flights, again pretty straightforward.

The problem came when we came to check in online.
    Although I had a confirmation email with a booking number the website would not accept it.
    Same thing for the Android app.
    I had to make a very long call to customer services to get it sorted, thankfully it wasn't last minute.
    The reason given was that I had not made the booking myself !!!
    They were treating like a booking made by someone else - which it was - themselves!
    So just be prepared for this hassle if you use this trick.
  • ymk101
    ymk101 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    I booked a couple of months ago a ticket for 2 adults and 2 childern one aged 10 and 12. sadly one of the children will not be able to fly. I want to give the ticket to my sister an adult, however when i am want to change the name on EZ website there is no option to give the DOB or age just a field to enter the new name. could this be a new trick to book a child ticket and change name to adult?:T
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ymk101 wrote: »
    I booked a couple of months ago a ticket for 2 adults and 2 childern one aged 10 and 12. sadly one of the children will not be able to fly. I want to give the ticket to my sister an adult, however when i am want to change the name on EZ website there is no option to give the DOB or age just a field to enter the new name. could this be a new trick to book a child ticket and change name to adult?:T

I don't think you'd get very far once you turned up at the gate having paid no APD for your flight, easyjet, quite rightly, are likely to offload you.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Not that impressed tbh , flights seem normal prices

Went on Skyscanner and booked a return flight to Menorca for next March £53 return with Monarch which was better than what Easyjet were offering plus I was finding the Easyjet website hard to use
  • Thiago
    Thiago Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Is it just me or Easyjet is no longer offering better prices on Tuesdays? I've been checking my upcoming flights regularly and today I was expecting them to be the lowest. It turns out they are the highest they've been in a couple of weeks.
    Have they changed the algorithm? Can anyone confirm they've experienced the same?
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,584 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thiago wrote: »
    Is it just me or Easyjet is no longer offering better prices on Tuesdays? I've been checking my upcoming flights regularly and today I was expecting them to be the lowest. It turns out they are the highest they've been in a couple of weeks.
    Have they changed the algorithm? Can anyone confirm they've experienced the same?
    Do you mean lower prices for Tuesday flights, or flights in general being sold cheaper on Tuesdays?
    Evolution, not revolution
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure