Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    We took2bags to the sally army and wandered round the ch shops. For a grand total of £2.50 (plus £4 credit used), I got myself some work trousers (2.50), a hardback copy of economy gatronomy for 50p, 6 copies of the Dandy for dd for £2 and 6 sy1van1an creatures for a bargain 1.50. Result.

Found 5p roadkill.

Bumped into an ex-pupil - he left 8 years ago. Yikes!

Have made 3 hanging gingerbread men. Now to sewing up the santas. I'm really not enjoying the sewing up - think it is due to each part (red hat, cream face, red body, black boots) having to be sewn up in its own colour. Maybe I'm just impatient...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Have had a video call from step son - they have got married!:j:j:j At a lake. With snow. And mountains in the background. Not sure if it was in America or Canada! Very very pleased for them.

(They'd obv had it planned as gf had a proper wedding dress, and they would've needed the right licence for it. Sneaky them! Dh has requested more details!)
  • plumduff55
    Options
    Lovely news and so romantic xx
    Debt free - Mortgage free - Work free ( in that order :) )
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Have decided to go and see mum tomorrow! I am still on half term, though dd went back today. And once I return next Mon, I have a couple of very busy weeks and I don't really want to leave it another 3 weeks from now until I see her again. And dh had a nectarr offer of x points if we booked the train through them. So we did.

I have a big bag full of clothes, etc for mum to try on and hopefully like enough to keep.

Did some digging up of weeds in the front today, which transmogrified into digging up 2 fuschia plants (originally from my dad, but I still have 1 left in the ground) and a rose that never flowers much, and transplanting the rose. Plus a lavender too that came up whilst I was digging in that area!

Have planned 2 classes up until Cmas. :jAssuming that they do not lose any more of their lessons than are currently scheduled... They must do an assessment that involves both speaking and reading, so that is my priority to get done.

Re dss's wedding, once they finally got hitched, we had planned to gift them the money that they repaid to us after January's fiasco. Except they have only paid us £200 :rotfl:.

Now to sort out what I need to take to Bham with me. I am using the travelling time as quiet time for me, coupled with an evening to myself with t'interweb. I may just have to take the santas and HKs with me to force me to sew them up ready for stuffing. But I might also take some white fabric and bunny templates ...

And I have reached my NSD goal for the month. 18 so far :D.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    So, how is October shaping up?

My challenge is to live a more primal lifestyle. To continue the process I started in September.

Numbers?
    22 days not at work
    21 Headspace
    21 KB swing challenge??? (really not sure)
    21 day Primal Blueprint challenge (esp keep off the sugar and don't scoff the 85% choc)
    21 days of reading
    15 NSDs
    9 days at work
    3 visits to the counsellor
    3 dance classes
    1 Kids klub
    1 sec sch applic
    1 dd assembly
    1 clock change
    see mum
    half term
    craft copiously

Gosh, a rather long post... Let's see how it pans out in 31 days' time.

Overall, October went well. Helped immensely by so many days where I was not at work, methinks.

19 NSDs was pleasing. And 18 headspace. I did no KB challeng at all. In fact, exercise has been lacking. (Though I do have a physio appt in a few days).

Still 'working towards' a primal lifestyle. Think it'll take me a while... Still scoffing the choc. Sigh.

School applications all in. Phew. Have paperwork to dofor the posh school, but that's not a hardship.

Crafting is being enjoyable and not a chore. Just as well, as 24 days until the first fair (then 13 days to the next one, so not too rushed.)

And I just squeezed in a visit to mum this month.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Up in bham for a quick visit.

Saw mum yesterday and it was v hard work. Sigh. I am taking back home most of the clothes I bought for her. I bought them because big sis said that mum needed certain things. However, looking in mum's drawers and wardrobe, she seems to have plenty. Sigh. And the added faff that they were bought new a few weeks ago (for the visit that had to be cancelled due to the norovirus in the home) and I need to check if we have passed the returns date. I'll stick to ch shop items from now on (exc undies of course!).

Must gird my loins and get out and go see her again this morning.

Though I feel that I use the travel time and time alone in the flat well, as downtime - the last 2 visits have seen me cut out over a dozen bunnies, their clothing, mice, as well as listening to a podcast, reading a book and reading an online mag on the train.

Can't wait to get back home though. Mum has a paid visitor at 10.15,and it's a 35+ min walk, so I'd best get a wiggle on!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Mum was more mellow this morning - maybe because she had a full belly from breakfast still... I stayed about 30 mins then headed home. With a little bit of running, it took just over 3 hours which is super fast.

Have written up my November NST challenge notes on that thread.

It is a month of no holidays. A month of working towards primal living. Possibly another visit to mum. 2 cafe trips with some classes. 1 entrance exam for dd. Paperwork for posh school. Counselling. Physio. Church craft fair (where dd will make her fortune selling Sy1 fam clothing :rotfl:).

Must get another 2000 steps to start off as I mean to go on ...
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sorry to hear things not great all the time with your mum. I like your November preview plans, good luck!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Thank you Earthie. It is very hit and miss with my visits to mum. I never know how she will be and I find them emotionally and mentally hard to do. And then I feel guilty about finding them hard to do! And I compare myself with big sis who seems to want to go and seems to enjoy spending time with mum... Plenty of self-flagellation at times!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Have had a video call from step son - they have got married!:j:j:j At a lake. With snow. And mountains in the background. Not sure if it was in America or Canada! Very very pleased for them.

(They'd obv had it planned as gf had a proper wedding dress, and they would've needed the right licence for it. Sneaky them! Dh has requested more details!)

Oh wow! How lovely!:j

Re dss's wedding, once they finally got hitched, we had planned to gift them the money that they repaid to us after January's fiasco. Except they have only paid us £200 :rotfl:.

Hmmm... Can you perhaps 'write off' the debt instead of a gift then?
    Thank you Earthie. It is very hit and miss with my visits to mum. I never know how she will be and I find them emotionally and mentally hard to do. And then I feel guilty about finding them hard to do! And I compare myself with big sis who seems to want to go and seems to enjoy spending time with mum... Plenty of self-flagellation at times!

Ahhh - this is my mum (guilt and finds it hard) and her sisters (both enjoy and find it much easier) with my nan. However, even though you find it hard you *do* go :) xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure