We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Apple muncher's number crunching

1…403404406408409…828

Comments

  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 15,553
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Found a lord of the rings mug for dh for 50p.

    And a 'grandad is an expert at watching tv with his eyes closed' mug for dh for 50p too.

    And seemingly never worn CAT calf height black boots for me for 6.50.

    All put away until cmas.

    Also lost my phone. Lovely lady rang it and I'd left it in the chemist . Phew.
    remove 7/100; read 3/10; ex 27/100; make /100; lose /10; save /1000; improve 12/100; protein 30/100
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 15,553
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    And this afternoon/evening, for £2, I got the following for dd: a lycra leotard, lycra dance leggings, a cmas jumper, a ls tee shirt and 2 ss tee shirts.

    A total ch shop haul of £9.50 for the day. Smug face is on.
    remove 7/100; read 3/10; ex 27/100; make /100; lose /10; save /1000; improve 12/100; protein 30/100
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Glad you got your phone back and it seems you are well away with the christmas shopping bargains
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

    Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 15,553
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    No dance today, so dd and i went swimming.

    I can see why people use thimbles. My fingers are a testament to why people wear thimbles. Problem is that I'd need about 6 thimbles to protect my digits!

    But the rugby is on and I'm sewing on bunny arms, then will do their faces. Dd is on utube. We are happy!
    remove 7/100; read 3/10; ex 27/100; make /100; lose /10; save /1000; improve 12/100; protein 30/100
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi Apple :wave:

    I just wanted to call in and say thank you so much for flagging up the NST thread on Cath's diary. It is fabulous and has encouraged a bit of reflection. I've missed the boat for November but will be joining in December. Thanks again :A:T:)
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 15,553
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Hi pinkypig! I think I read along with the original threads for about 6 weeks before joining. It was the reason I joined mse. Hope to see you over there in Dec.
    remove 7/100; read 3/10; ex 27/100; make /100; lose /10; save /1000; improve 12/100; protein 30/100
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Not sure what NST is but I think I've seen it before. Hope your fingers recovered!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

    Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 15,553
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    earthgirl wrote: »
    Not sure what NST is but I think I've seen it before. Hope your fingers recovered!


    NST = ninja saving turtles.


    Originally set up by ninjasavingkat, the monthly challenges were for her to pay off 16k of debt and save 10k to go and travel. She came up with monthly challenges - and boy! were they tough sometimes. Every month was different but with the common goal of spend less, save more.


    When kat went off travelling, we re-named ourselves the Turtles (mothernerd's inspiration) and became the NST instead of NSK. Now a different turtle runs each month.


    Hope this makes sense!
    remove 7/100; read 3/10; ex 27/100; make /100; lose /10; save /1000; improve 12/100; protein 30/100
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 15,553
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    We had the remembrance service in the pelting rain! Ugh. Took us a while to warm up and dry out despite coats + brollies. I look at some 18-22 year olds and think that 100 years ago, they would have been fighting men.

    Not much else achieved. Fed dd - she is quite off her food, which always worries me. Fed dh and I - bone broth, mashed tato, carrot and chorizo all boiled together for 20 mins, then zapped. Surprisingly, it was not only edible, but rather tasty! Followed by stewed blackcurrants (I defrosted a brick of them that must have been on the freezer for a rather long time) and apple. Yum. But don't chew too hard as the pips get stuck in between my teeth and that's not a good thing.

    Dh has done his back in. A weakness he has. He has done a lot of shifting furniture and equipment this week, which has triggered it today.

    I have cut out the last lot of bunny clothing (for now!), but really need to sew them up. All 12 of them... Soon.



    Quite a busy week - 2 groups to a cafe to practice their French; to work on an afternoon I don't work, to 'piggyback' on some training; counselling; up to see mum overnight; a report for the head; 2 pupils to mentor. Must do myself a plan...
    remove 7/100; read 3/10; ex 27/100; make /100; lose /10; save /1000; improve 12/100; protein 30/100
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 15,553
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Soggy. Very, very soggy. Took a lovely group to the cafe but had to walk back in the pelting rain. They were all rather bedraggled when we got back! But we didn't lose any of them.



    Have written my report for the head. Phew. Just getting a colleague to check that it makes sense.


    Managed to catch one mentee and arranged to see them on weds.
    remove 7/100; read 3/10; ex 27/100; make /100; lose /10; save /1000; improve 12/100; protein 30/100
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.