Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I agree with JM, it sounds like a definite improvement. I expect his memory will come back of it all once his drugs are reduced. Poor guy, he’s really been through the mill, it sounds like your visit perked him up though.

I’m glad you got a chance to chat to the consultant too, you made me chuckle with your meds comment! Well done for coping so well WaS :)
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Calleyw - it might be that the hospital is running on a skeleton staff over the holiday weekend. Hopefully they will do it next week, he’s not having any pain is he?

Dandy-candy,

Sadly not due to the holiday weekend. They have trauma surgery everyday including weekends. it just depends what has come in over night. If its stuff such as hips then they get on the list as they need to stay in until they operated on. So take up a bed hence the quickness of surgery. AM is stable as they have put a cast on and sent him home. AM has been on the list since tuesday.

We just have to wait. As I said more frustrating then anything else. We understand that more serious conditions take priority. He gets discomfort but has pain killers.

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    I haven't even said Happy Easter to everyone. Happy Easter! :icotbaske

I took WaSp an easter egg and gave the staff a pack of 12 creme eggs to share between them. I bought rather a lot of creme eggs for myself too.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and can enjoy the hot weather!
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • calleyw
    Options
    Happy easter everyone.

Hug and squishes and handshakes all round.

Please stay safe in this weather. Keep in the shade, drink plenty of fluids and enjoy your easter eggs. probably best to keep them in the fridge today.

Now have a poorly dog. left two very nice presents on the kitchen floor this morning. Its crappy carpet because I have those delightful tiles that have asbestos in them. I know the risk is low from normal daily activity. But its one of my triggers. So hence a carpet that is 15 years + old.

Suppose to be having a BBQ if I can get it out the shed later:rotfl:had one yesterday at AM's parents. Went to get some bit and pieces and my fave drink from a local mid size supermarket. Would have thought the apocalypse was coming. Had to queue to get out took nearly 15 mins:eek: then I checked the till receipt later in the day and I had not been charged for the hot dog buns I bought!!!!

Also remember only the little corner shop type places will be open today due to the law.

Enjoy today

Yours

Calley x

• Waves_and_Smiles
    Waves_and_Smiles Posts: 5,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 21 April 2019 at 4:13PM
    Options
    Hopefull you have a BBQ right now Calley! Hope doggie feels better!

My visit to WaSp yesterday seems to have helped. The nurse said he is brighter today and cooperating with everything. I do think a big part of the problem was that he couldn't remember why he was in hospital or how he got there, he isn't scared now.

Also in really good news, he has a tiny bit of kidney function! They aren't sure how much better it will get but it's an improvement on total renal failure. I will be going to visit on Tuesday with my favourite driver who collects me from the ward.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    WaS - great that WaSp is a little better today :j

Calleyw- I hope the BBQ goes well.

I got a message from my therapist letting me know her fee has gone up from £50 to £70 for 50 minutes :eek: I'm quite tempted to cancel especially as I've remembered last time I got rubbish advice - some of you might remember her telling me to buy a dog :/

I was very low last week though so I might go to see if she has any pearls of wisdom for me and if not I'll delete her number so I can't make more appointments.
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    WaS - that is GREAT news, on both fronts. Everything crossed here that more and more renal function comes back. And yes, poor WaSP must have been terrified, not remembering how he got there.

dandy - I think £70 is taking the p somewhat, especially if she is giving advice! I'm rather shocked that a therapist would make suggestions (I think I said so at the time!) Does your local Mind do subsidised therapy at all? Some do, or may know of local affordable providers. It's quite a good strategy to visit her while you are thinking what to do, though xxx
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • calleyw
    Options
    Thank you we did have a BBQ and it went well.

We pulled out the gas one and it was mouldy so fell back to the charcoal one I have. Had to go and buy fire lighters and charcoal :rotfl:

Still no op. So onwards and upwards is all we can do.

Had my ex around for the BBQ. As he has no car and no buses he would have been stuck at home today. So I collected him. When I took him home he had a melt down. Think everything is getting to much for him at the moment. So back to the dr's tuesday to get some meds.

I am tired. Might be due to the waking up at 2.30 this morning and not getting back to sleep until nearly 5am. Also having to support two people. When I was out with my ex and AM the other day, it was according to AM like herding cats :rotfl:

Hope everyone had a nice day no matter what they did. Don't forget to have a glass of water before you go to bed. As I bet nobody drank enough fluids today. And that you do get some rest tonight.

Yours

Calley x

• Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Hang in there Calley, hopefully you hear about AM's surgery date very soon now!

WaSp is doing ok. He is still a little strange but they reduced the steroids today so that should lessen. He now has 3 plasma exchanges and 3 blood transfusions to go and then they will start trying to manage the vasculitis on medication only. The consultant told me that things might temporarily get a little worse until they find the correct dose to suppress his immune system but it should only take a few days to find the right amount. I am going to visit him tomorrow and I have also booked a meeting with his consultant.

I do have to say his consultant has been wonderful, I feel like turning up with a box of chocolates for him. He was the one who thought of vasculitis in the first place when WaSp was admitted and he was also the doctor on night shift when WaSp became psychotic at 3am. He lets me meet with him whenever I ask and is just a thoroughly good person. He also doesn't talk down to me and explains every step of treatment, I am very impressed.

• mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hang in there Calley, hopefully you hear about AM's surgery date very soon now!

WaSp is doing ok. He is still a little strange but they reduced the steroids today so that should lessen. He now has 3 plasma exchanges and 3 blood transfusions to go and then they will start trying to manage the vasculitis on medication only. The consultant told me that things might temporarily get a little worse until they find the correct dose to suppress his immune system but it should only take a few days to find the right amount. I am going to visit him tomorrow and I have also booked a meeting with his consultant.

I do have to say his consultant has been wonderful, I feel like turning up with a box of chocolates for him. He was the one who thought of vasculitis in the first place when WaSp was admitted and he was also the doctor on night shift when WaSp became psychotic at 3am. He lets me meet with him whenever I ask and is just a thoroughly good person. He also doesn't talk down to me and explains every step of treatment, I am very impressed.

OH still loves his WaS
    He's the one who when I was thanking him for saving his life said the he wasn't out of the woods yet cos he didn't like the lung infection.
    Whole hospital was scared of him we thought he was great
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure