Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• austinali
    Options
    My Sky TV contract ends in 3 weeks! I currently get about 40% off and pay £13 a month. I use to pay about £11 before the mid term price increase! Spoke to webchat last week, best they could offer me is £13 a month for the basic entertainment package (dont really need anything else) and £25 credit for 18 months contract. Gave my notice.

In the past I was offered 50% off plus £50 credit. Was hoping for something similar. About 3 years ago, they gave me £50 credit and 50% off, which basically worked out to be 5 months free!

Will wait and see what they offer in the coming weeks.
  • Ohfeelya
    Options
    How do I find the chat feature on My Sky?

I can't post links but i went to sky dot com + /mydeal. Is that what you need?

Is that what you're looking for?
  • happyandcontented
    Options
    I got this offer and still have chat open. Is this a good deal? I asked about waiving the fee but she refused. Apparently, you can't have the offers without the fee.

Copied direct from chat:

Okay what I can do for you is:

Entertainment package £22 reduced from £27 (18 months in an 18 month minimum term)
    HD £1 reduced from £5 (18 months)
    Ultimate on demand £10 reduced from £12 (18 months)
    Sports £13 reduced from £30 (18 months in an 18 month minimum term)
    Cinema £11 reduced from £19 (while you have sports)
    New broadband superfast £27 reduced from £32 (18 months in an 18 month minimum term)
    Talk package £8 reduced from £10 (18 months)

total cost £92 for 18 months in an 18 month minimum term with a one off £20 admin fee added to your next bill but includes all the content you have now as well as our new broadband superfast which is very similar speeds to what your on now but cheaper :)
  • Gold123
    Gold123 Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 19 September 2019 at 2:32PM
    Options
    Admin fee needs to be wiped, rubbish what they are saying, Entertainment should be at around £15 (although I've seen a couple around who have got it for between £11or £13) Cinema should be haggled down to about £7, they don't mention if Sport is HD, and maybe the broadband could be haggled a bit further.
  • happyandcontented
    Options
    From Messenger, apparently chat is no longer....Any advice, or should I just accept I am not going to do better?

Read
    at 15:06, Sep 19:
    I appreciate where your coming from but you can not go off customer forums. As I mentioned before offers are all point of call and constantly change. They also depend on various factors and unfortunately the admin fee can not be wavered.

Any offers we discuss today may not be available later on. You won't be eligible for new customer offers until 12 months after your account is cancelled.

The best TV offer I have available is the one discussed above:

Entertainment package £22 reduced from £27 (18 months in an 18 month minimum term)
    Total cost £57 for 18 months in an 18 month minimum term
  • Ohfeelya
    Options
    Here is what I was just offered via chat:

===========================
    Here is your package summary:

Sky Entertainment Pack @ £27.00 pm (with offer £17 pm)
    Sky Kids Pack @ £5.00 pm (with offer £1 pm)
    Sky Box Set Pack @ £5.00 pm (with offer £1 pm)
    Sky HD Pack @ £5.00 pm (with offer £1 pm)
    Cinema Pack @ £19.00 pm (with offer £10 pm)
    So your total monthly cost will be £30 for 18 months and thereafter £61.00 per month.

===========================

Told them no, will try again next week.
  • Ohfeelya
    Options
    From Messenger, apparently chat is no longer....Any advice, or should I just accept I am not going to do better?

Read
    I appreciate where your coming from but you can not go off customer forums. As I mentioned before offers are all point of call and constantly change. They also depend on various factors and unfortunately the admin fee can not be wavered.

Any offers we discuss today may not be available later on. You won't be eligible for new customer offers until 12 months after your account is cancelled.

That sounds a bit high. I was just offered less via chat. £22 is the standard price in contract, I think. It's what's displayed on the website anyway. That's not a discount.

Have you cancelled? How long do you have? Can you try again later?

And I have seen people in this thread say "My mother/neighbour/etc got this offer, is this something that would be available to me?". And copy/paste the offer text. Maybe that would work better than saying you saw it on a forum? Maybe not! lol.
  • Ohfeelya
    Options
    > unfortunately the admin fee can not be wavered.

Also it says right on the chat button that the admin fee IS wavered!

I think you just got unlucky with your helper. Try again!
  • happyandcontented
    Options
    They said that there is no chat anymore, it is messenger now.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

Read

Look at the last page or two, they can do much better and the 'admin fee' can definitely be waived (or wavered, lol).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback