I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I fear that this week I have not been cutting my cloth according to my means at all!
    I have blown the budget out of the water.
    The Ikea units, the flooring, approved food order, Argos for a replacement house phone and a frying pan, Aldi a double food shop, and shoe zone shoes and trainers for dgd.
    She needs them before Thursday next week for a school sports cluster day. She has been wearing the trainers instead of her school shoes and worn the sole off!
    The shoes are for me. I don't have any shoes that are low for daily wear and I cannot wear the high heels anymore. So while ordering her shoes I got mine on order too.

I will be pulling back in February now though but if the snow comes we will be well fed.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Trying to catch up on the thread as i have been away for a work for a few months did your son not start an HGV driving course?
    Keeping both feet on solid ground
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Trying to catch up on the thread as i have been away for a work for a few months did your son not start an HGV driving course?

A bone of contention they are messing him around. He has had the medical I believe and been doing the theory on line, but they are not responding to his messages and he has no clear dates for starting. ( should have been done in what October I think it was, and been earning by now! No such luck. He is now back to square one as far as I can see, with everything. She apparently is not well, (in the head). At the moment he is doing everything.
    The children were returned to them on Sunday but for how long? I don't know.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I know that I have slept because of the weird dreams but tell my eyes it's time to get up, because they feel tired and gritty. I don't want to get out of bed! The alarm went off 30 minutes ago and the only thing that's moving is my finger on the keypad!
    -7 out there, and I will have to defrost the car as it goes for its MOT today. Getting dgd to school is going to be fun!
    Tea! I need tea!
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    -7?!! I didn't know it was that cold anywhere in the UK, except the far north of Scotland! Mind you, I'm a naturalised 'Southern Softy' so am unused to anything that could be called 'severe' weather-wise :o I hope you manage to get GD to school without any problems.

I'm sorry that you have had to blow your budget. Life gets in the way sometimes, doesn't it? :( It sounds as if you are now well stocked up, so here's hoping February will get back on track.

I am lucky to be 'comfortably off' but do tend to forget that we are now both retired (I went early due to ill health, OH retired several years ago) so don't have as much money coming in. I have bought a few new clothes this month (things I will need eventually but bought now as prices reduced) so will have to try to get through Feb without any major spending.
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • fozziebeartoo
    Options
    It was -8 at Southampton Airport at 6am this morning, and you don't get MUCH further South than that (at least not without getting your feet wet)! :rotfl:
    hb2 wrote: »
    -7?!! I didn't know it was that cold anywhere in the UK, except the far north of Scotland! Mind you, I'm a naturalised 'Southern Softy' so am unused to anything that could be called 'severe' weather-wise :o I hope you manage to get GD to school without any problems.

I'm sorry that you have had to blow your budget. Life gets in the way sometimes, doesn't it? :( It sounds as if you are now well stocked up, so here's hoping February will get back on track.

I am lucky to be 'comfortably off' but do tend to forget that we are now both retired (I went early due to ill health, OH retired several years ago) so don't have as much money coming in. I have bought a few new clothes this month (things I will need eventually but bought now as prices reduced) so will have to try to get through Feb without any major spending.
  • hb2
    Options
    I am reliably informed that it got down to -7 here on Wednesday night (and we are slightly further south than Southampton)! It was considerably warmer by the time I woke up though :o

We have had snow overnight which is unusual (but not as rare as it used to be). I expect everything will have slid to a halt, as tends to happen with anything more than a hard frost!
    It's not difficult!
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    All going well with Dgd attendance the last few days. A few moody stares and snapping retorts but less Kevin and Perry than of late.
    All geared up for what ever comes up.
    At work. Booked in covers arrived before I was open. 9.30?-appointment cancelled.
    3pm is still coming,
    My friend stayed in bed an extra hour but is coming in to help so I can do curtains upstairs.
    Mum is fine. Her friend had some good news, and the doctor said that her terminal diagnosis is not as immediate as expected. She was given 6 months, but now they are saying that with her positive attitude and her and Mums humour she probably has another year. So her and Mum said oh good that probably means two then! So she had bought her new hoover!
    I love that attitude. Mum told her she is not allowed to pop her clogs when Mum is in France for the summer, so her friend said no she intends to be here for her next blood transfusion at Christmas. Got to love and respect them!
    Now it is 10am I have been up 4 hours and not much to show for it yet.

Spends £4 on 6 sausage rolls from the baker who was the only one who set up on the Friday market today, and 52p for Milk so I can have tea to keep me warm.
    Don't expect to spend anything else though.
    I am hoping for a few NSDs.
    Hello Frugal February!
  • hb2
    Options
    That is very good news about your mum's friend :) I'm also glad that GD is getting to school and that her general attitude is better.
    It's not difficult!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news on your mums friend & DGD :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure