I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    DS came over briefly with the boys. The Mum was I'll. (again!)
    I have been sewing components for several Thermal bags that I had cut out a couple of weeks ago.
    Ready for more stitching tomorrow. But three hours is enough for one night.
    Vera on the tv. I was going to record it and watch call the midwife but the Sky said that I had no signal so weird as I was just watching dancing on ice? It will be on catch up later then.
    Did I say that I ordered some vynl flooring for my front room, I got a remnant with a discount off too. So with delivery it was just over £100 although I have been told that I cannot just lay it over my floor boards and that I have to put down a ply floor first. So I will be with bare boards for a few weeks while I save up for them. Oh well.
    Maybe I will have to try and make a rag rug or something to bide me over.
    I certainly have enough fabric to use.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi Mooloo, I'm very glad your GD hasn't fractured her wrist! Mind you, that doesn't mean that it won't be painful, soft tissue injuries still hurt :(
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • Savvy_sewing
    edited 29 January 2019 at 10:08AM
    Options
    A long day, a busy day although no money in the till. Jobs in for the rest of the week though.
    I actually did a lot of the things on my todo list starting with getting up st 6am!
    I spent an hour typing up some content from notes from 2008, into what may become a book.
    I spent two hours making strips of fabric and plaited them to start making a rag rug, out of old bits of curtains hems. Yes I hoard offcuts from work. I brought a bag full home today and thought I would make a rug for my new workspace. It may take a while though.
    Booked the car Mot, the opticians and checked the dentist appointment, so I can tick them off the todo list.
    I am shattered now. Here is hoping that I get a good sleep, although now I have stopped working I realise my hands hurt and my right arm is aching, normally it's my left. On well never mind. Let's hope sleep will heal all.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Up three times, so after the third effort I cancelled my 6am alarm and went for a 6.45 so I got a bit longer. Although that meant I didn't do the little extras on my list. Such is life.
    Dgd got up relatively easily and went to school on time.
    I have just arrived at work. Bit late as I ended up walking down the town with a customer who was slower than me.
    But still time to skype mum before I open.
    Meeting at school with teacher at 3 so not a full day again!
  • whiteguineapig
    Options
    Would it be a good idea to donate all the odds and ends of fabric (you are so so busy, I think you said you might use them to make things in the evening but surely better to put feet up watch tv!)
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I'm sorry you had another poor night Mooloo :( Everything else is always easier to cope with when we are well rested!
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Would it be a good idea to donate all the odds and ends of fabric (you are so so busy, I think you said you might use them to make things in the evening but surely better to put feet up watch tv!)

I donate regularly to school and Brownies, but I also enjoy making in front of the tv
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Well I spent a couple of hours this evening on my rag rug. Stopped to type up notes for my book, and then went back to my rug while I watched Silent Witness. It is now a circle big enough for one foot! This may take me quite a few hours to make one big enough for my purposes.
    Oh well it's a free rug at the end of the day. As I am watching TV and using cut off pieces from alterations. Waste not want not.
    But for now it's time for bed to make up for my late night last night and interrupted sleep.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Today is delivery day!
    My Ikea unit and my flooring!
    Let's hope snow doesn't delay it too much, although I would rather a delayed delivery then a driver gets into difficult situations.
    Time to find my positive head, I lost it a little yesterday.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Deliveries all done.
    Not that I can lay the floor or build the unit until the flop is down.
    Spoke to Mum on Skype and I am not going over because it is so cold.
    I have been clearing out a cupboard in the kitchen and a the cutlery drawer .
    But I have been on the phone with DS a lot this morning trying to help him to be proactive in his benefits claim.

Time for a cuppa and maybe a bit more of my rag rug with something on the TV for half an hour.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure