PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• Mickygg
    Mickygg Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm reading the viewings with interest.

Would I be right in saying that Christina and chicken, despite having an EA that no doubt you are paying lots of money for, you do your own viewings?

I'm intrigued why the EA are not doing the viewings.
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Christina sounds positive !

Fingers crossed.
  • Christina_F
    Options
    Mickygg wrote: »

Would I be right in saying that Christina and chicken, despite having an EA that no doubt you are paying lots of money for, you do your own viewings?

Yes we have done our own viewings - I prefer to do this as I believe it gives a more personal approach. However, if someone wanted to view whilst we were at work then the EA would show them around
  • Mickygg
    Mickygg Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yes we have done our own viewings - I prefer to do this as I believe it gives a more personal approach. However, if someone wanted to view whilst we were at work then the EA would show them around

I'm wondering if this is where I'm going wrong. Just the thought of doing the viewings though fills me with dread.

I had a viewing on Saturday. Hoping for some positive news tomorrow!
  • kilby_007
    kilby_007 Posts: 738 Forumite
    edited 4 September 2016 at 8:47PM
    Options
    I'm wondering if this is where I'm going wrong. Just the thought of doing the viewings though fills me with dread.

I had a viewing on Saturday. Hoping for some positive news tomorrow!

You know the house better than the EA, but it depends how your presentation skills are. I've been shown around by some terrible EAs, one of which opened a door "to the ensuite" which was the airing cupboard filled with crap, and a "downstairs loo" which was the understairs cupboard housing a botched solar panel installation... if the vendor had shown us around they would have avoided opening these doors!
  • chickenmama
    Options

I have the same reason as Christina, I figure that I know the house and its good points (and why I bought it!) so I can talk about these rather than them being shown round by an EA who doesn't really know anything about the property other than what they have put in the listing. I can give information on when improvements were made, bills, neighbours, the water meter etc etc...

That's not to say that my inner introvert doesn't hate and dread the whole experience though :p Another viewer tonight.... eek!

Hope you get a proceedable offer today Christina.
  • pself
    pself Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    So having had viewings and felt my house was competitively priced but people have said they can get more for their money I have now after being on the market for nearly 4 weeks been persuaded to drop by 5%. This was a very painful step for us and the question will be can we still afford what we want to buy as a result.

Lets hope it makes the difference the EA has said its likely to make.
  • hmd1987
    hmd1987 Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    we've had feedback from the viewing on friday - house is too small apparently.

hopefully we get more viewings soon. We made the mistake of looking at a new build yesterday and fell in love...
  • sheff6107
    Options
    I have the same reason as Christina, I figure that I know the house and its good points (and why I bought it!) so I can talk about these rather than them being shown round by an EA who doesn't really know anything about the property other than what they have put in the listing. I can give information on when improvements were made, bills, neighbours, the water meter etc etc...

That's not to say that my inner introvert doesn't hate and dread the whole experience though :p Another viewer tonight.... eek!

Hope you get a proceedable offer today Christina.

Which begs the question why not use on online agent?
  • VultureDodger
    Options
    The viewing we had on Friday was a bit of a whirlwind visit by a young lady looking to purchase her first buy-to-let. She came with a friend and had a notebook full of other properties that she was also looking at. The EA told me that she had gotten quite overwhelmed by it all and had gone away with an armful of brochures to consider. I'm not hopeful that we'll hear back. The vast majority of purchases in my immediate area are from BTL'ers and we're priced at the top end. EA also told me that she'd been trying to chase the viewer from last week, but hadn't been able to get hold of him.

2 viewings in 10 days. Am I right to feel disappointed? We're on a MoveMaker scheme with DWH and have been given 4 weeks to sell before they release our plot and I'm starting to feel panic setting in. Is there anything that I could be doing to help matters along?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback