PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• Bonfire_Bride
    Options
    Congrats Dr Gonzo!

The new build showhomes are always AMAZING! They know exactly what they are doing.

Good Luck everyone else.
  • Dr_Gonzo_95
    Options
    Cheers guys, the strangest and most frustrating thing is that the Help to Buy equity scheme wouldn't allow us to go for the properties we want with the debt we have, however using the equity in the house we have to clear the debt and still have enough for a 10% deposit means we can get the property.

So I'm feeling really positive that we are moving into a decent new house and will be completely debt free as well (at least until the other half puts in a request for a new car)

Good luck with all your viewings and hope the offers start flooding in.
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Well done pself. Nothing doing here.
  • hmd1987
    hmd1987 Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    our viewing went well, I think. She asked if we had found anywhere and i said there were 2 different new builds that would be ready end of october, didn't seem to phase her.
    She said they are going to rent out their current property, which means no chain I suppose. Trying not to get hopes up though
  • PlaysNicely
    PlaysNicely Posts: 153 Forumite
    edited 8 September 2016 at 8:32AM
    Options
    :hello: Morning!

Is it Ok if I tag along for a bit? Feeling a little agitated because our house is now in the market as of yesterday ... I've just found the pics on RM and the EA websites, so it suddenly seems real.
    :( This was supposed to be our forever home, but due to health and work issues, we've now decided a downsize to make us mortgage free is needed as I can no longer bring in a full time income and it looks likely my OH will be 'let go' at some point before the end of 2017.
    However, the kids have all flown the nest and we've realised that we're filling the house up with students to breach the gap with me now having to work part -time when really, if the mortgage wasn't there, we'd probably be Ok, especially if the worst happens with hubby's job.
    :o So, in the spirit of being pro-active now instead of reactive later on, the search for our final forever home is on, but the search for a buyer is key to everything - in particular a buyer who's willing to pay what the EA reckons the house is worth as our equity needs to do a lot (cash purchase for next property & small pension pot).
    :) I've been lurking here since we decided to make this move and I'd love to share the support here (including supporting others) through this awkward and stressful house marketing minefield! x
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #236 - £ 5 / £332.05 + 365 day penny challenge - £ 18.15 / £667.95; 52 weeks challenge = £183 / £1,378;Frugal Living 2018 #42 <£11,500
    :p
  • pself
    pself Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    Well done pself. Nothing doing here.

Thanks for the support, they have now upped their offer and it has been accepted. So now its on to waiting for a response to our offer on the place we would like to buy. Lets hope that goes smoothly too

Best of luck to everyone else.
  • Mickygg
    Mickygg Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :hello: Morning!

Is it Ok if I tag along for a bit? Feeling a little agitated because our house is now in the market as of yesterday ... I've just found the pics on RM and the EA websites, so it suddenly seems real.
    :( This was supposed to be our forever home, but due to health and work issues, we've now decided a downsize to make us mortgage free is needed as I can no longer bring in a full time income and it looks likely my OH will be 'let go' at some point before the end of 2017.
    However, the kids have all flown the nest and we've realised that we're filling the house up with students to breach the gap with me now having to work part -time when really, if the mortgage wasn't there, we'd probably be Ok, especially if the worst happens with hubby's job.
    :o So, in the spirit of being pro-active now instead of reactive later on, the search for our final forever home is on, but the search for a buyer is key to everything - in particular a buyer who's willing to pay what the EA reckons the house is worth as our equity needs to do a lot (cash purchase for next property & small pension pot).
    :) I've been lurking here since we decided to make this move and I'd love to share the support here (including supporting others) through this awkward and stressful house marketing minefield! x

Hello

We are in a similar position where we bought what was supposed to be our forever home, but for various reasons we are having to move for hopefully one last time.

Best of luck. I think putting your house on now is a good time as hopefully the market will start to pick up. I'm certainly hoping it does!
  • chickenmama
    Options
    Congrats Gonzo and pself! Nice to see some recent thread graduates :j

Hi playsnicely...welcome and I hope your stay is short!

We had no feedback from Monday's viewers and Tuesday's canceled as couldn't make it in time. We now have one on Saturday and two Monday.

The lady selling the house we want to buy text to see how we were getting on... I wish I had some news for her. Obviously she's hoping we get a buyer so we can offer on hers and she can offer on the house she wants (which has had an offer recently that's fallen through). I just keep thinking we won't have long before she gets an offer from elsewhere and has to proceed with that to get her sale :(
  • PlaysNicely
    Options
    :wave:

Thanks for the welcome - Mickygg and Chickenmama, it's weird how something as 'simple' as an offer can be the key to a succession of life-changing events - sorry you are also in the position of waiting and hoping, fingers crossed it all comes good soon for you.

:j Good to see that others have been successful and are about to fly the coop (well, thread), well done and good luck to everyone else.

Had a call from agent today, our first viewing is tomorrow lunchtime. House is fairly spotless because I went into auto-clean mode after work but am panicking slightly about whiff of dog as we have two large & friendly but slightly pongy dogs :o I wash all their bedding regularly but think I may have to put their beds out in the garden and steam mop the hall again (where their beds usually are) to help the house smell a bit fresher! X
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #236 - £ 5 / £332.05 + 365 day penny challenge - £ 18.15 / £667.95; 52 weeks challenge = £183 / £1,378;Frugal Living 2018 #42 <£11,500
    :p
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Can the dogs' bedding go in your car? Shed?
    We remove beds and bowls (and dog) for viewings.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback