PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• chickenmama
    Options
    Bingo:D

I'm with one of the upfront fee agents, they can do viewings for an extra charge but needless to say we've not gone for that.

Had a viewer tonight, they've never looked at a house before so I'm going to guess they'll want to scope around before offering on anything.

The original couple I mentioned in previous posts did not counter offer but instead texted me a long msg to tell me why they thought my house was only worth what they offered (comparing it to other houses in the street with one less bedroom amongst other things!) Lesson learned to not give number out in future :cool:
  • chickenmama
    Options
    Sorry that was to Sheff! Thought I'd managed to quote on my mobile but it looks as if I'm wrong...
  • Christina_F
    Options
    sheff6107 wrote: »
    Which begs the question why not use on online agent?

We were originally with an online agent and got no viewings- in fact they were hopeless!!
    We changed to a local agent who had recently sold a house in our street.
  • Christina_F
    Options
    Well no feedback or offers today - very disappointed :)
    Am going to ring estate agents tomorrow
  • Dr_Gonzo_95
    Options
    I hope everyone gets some luck soon,
    VultureDodger I would be disappointed with 2 viewings in 10 days, however I think it took us a while to get going with ours, and it's only just hit September so hopefully things will start to pick up again.

hmd1987, I can sympathise with that, we looked at too many houses before we even got an AiP and fell in love with too many, most are still on the market as well, fingers crossed you get more viewings soon.

Chickenmama & Christina F fingers crossed you get some viewings soon, I was onto our EA daily about feedback and viewings, I'm getting my money's worth out of them.

We had our three viewings over the weekend, there was no feedback from Thursday's viewings, Saturday's viewing wasn't great, the only feedback we got was that there wasn't enough parking, and they preferred a cul-de-sac location. We have a double drive, a garage at the rear with a hardstanding outside as well.
    I thought I'd be a bit cheeky with Friday's viewing and stick around outside to see who appeared, it was a last minute booking, so I had to go home after work and ensure everything was tidy, so I left 5 mins before they were due to arrive and parked down the road a bit.
    I just wanted to see how long people took to see my house, compared to the average time I looked at houses. They were in there for 20 minutes, which felt like an eternity outside, gave me enough time to search on Rightmove and find out that we are the oldest property of our type still on the market in the area, something that filled me with dread.

I had a call less than an hour afterwards with an offer for £200,000 which was a bit low, 5 mins later a best and final offer of £203,000 appeared which we accepted.
    It's £7,000 less than we hoped for, however our IFA has managed to get us a decent AiP so we didn't need to get as close to the guide price as I previously thought.

We've already put an offer on our second choice property which was countered, but we're happy with that price they suggested so re-offered at that price, just waiting on confirmation of their acceptance now.
    (It's far too long a story to go in to why we couldn't offer on our first choice, needless to say the Help to Buy scheme isn't that helpful in all circumstances...)
  • hmd1987
    hmd1987 Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    trying not to get hopes up, someone coming to view tomorrow....really hoping we have a good result

we made the mistake of looking at another new build development and found one we love....
  • lor42x
    lor42x Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    hmd1987 wrote: »
    trying not to get hopes up, someone coming to view tomorrow....really hoping we have a good result

we made the mistake of looking at another new build development and found one we love....

We keep doing the same as well!! We also have a viewing tomorrow so fingers crossed all round :)
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Well done Dr G.
  • VultureDodger
    VultureDodger Posts: 65 Forumite
    edited 6 September 2016 at 10:06PM
    Options
    Thanks Dr Gonzo, I'm glad it's not just me. I realise that it's been the summer holidays, but I kind of expected more than 2. Fantastic news for you! Congrats on your offers! Fingers crossed for a nice, smooth transaction

We're selling through the DWH MoveMaker scheme, so it goes through New Homes, who appoint the EA's. I spoke to them this morning and they contacted the EA who we'd had absolutely nothing off and she sacked them because she said that their attitude was rubbish and thought they were worse than useless lol. So we've got yet ANOTHER EA coming on Friday to take yet MORE photos

The other EA contacted me this afternoon to book another viewing for Friday, so fingers crossed on that one
  • pself
    pself Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    Well following the reduction the first viewing who were keen to get in have made an offer, okay it feels like they are testing the water but an offer is a good start. Feeling positive at the moment.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback