PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• Suffolksue
    Suffolksue Posts: 1,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Gt Aunt lived in Wivenhoe !
    Still not finished cards,tomorrow is another day
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thinking of you burtha, and I hope you can be warm in a new home for Christmas xx

I'm really tired atm too and we're meant to be going to a concert on Friday evening and to hear The Messiah on Sunday. It's most unlike OH to want to go anywhere of an evening, let alone to two events with only one day to recover between them! I hope we're up to it :eek:
  • chickens11
    Options
    ivyleaf wrote: »
    Thinking of you burtha, and I hope you can be warm in a new home for Christmas xx

I'm really tired atm too and we're meant to be going to a concert on Friday evening and to hear The Messiah on Sunday. It's most unlike OH to want to go anywhere of an evening, let alone to two events with only one day to recover between them! I hope we're up to it :eek:

Im with you on not wanting to go out of a evening , espeically as its turned so cold this week , cant beat a nice fire a cup of drinking chocolate on the sofa :D......

Im just watching , save money spend well on channel 5 good tips on that programme.....
    Hope your all well....Sheila
    My motto is " one life live it ".....:)
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,955 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm another hibernator in the winter - it is said that you love most the season that you were born in. Well, as a december baby let me tell you i chuffin hate winter.....

having said that, it is beautiful bright and sunny today. but soooo cold.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    VJsmum wrote: »
    I'm another hibernator in the winter - it is said that you love most the season that you were born in. Well, as a december baby let me tell you i chuffin hate winter.....

having said that, it is beautiful bright and sunny today. but soooo cold.

DD1 was born in February and loves Autumn. I was born in October and my favourite season is Spring :D

I just want to sleep atm.

ETA Not long unitl the Solstice though, then we can look forward to the days starting to lengthen :)
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Some of us don't look forward to the evening's lengthening Ivyleaf. I love the dark evenings when I can draw the curtains and make things cosy. I'm even happier when I can climb into bed early with a hotwater bottle and a good book.

Oh, and by the way, I was born in May.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm a May baby too Monna - but I dont like the cold! Nice to look at but not to be in ;) I prefer the long summer evenings but a good book works anywhere!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oct baby here, n I absolutely hate Winter :(
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • chickens11
    Options
    Im a November birth , but dislike winter but love the spring as the best season .........
    Very bitterly cold here today on the coast , and cold weekend for casted ....
    Ive got a 65 th birthday party to go to tomorow night , really cant be arsed but if I show my face and then after an hour slide out of the door .........:D

Bedtime for me now...Sheila
    My motto is " one life live it ".....:)
  • ScarletRibbons
    Options
    I'm a February child (well, old woman) and prefer spring and summer.

Talking of the Essex area, DH had an uncle who lived in Brightlingsea, what a nice little place. We used to go down and stay, the children liked it there. He was a keen yachtsman, and had a dinghy that he used to take us out in, the kids thought it was great.

Someone mentioned Wivenhoe, I used to be fascinated by the fact that at high tide, one of the streets was cut off. We liked Mersea island as well.

Happy days,
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure