Comments

• thegoodman
    thegoodman Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello,
    Check this:
    https://wwwa.applyonlinenow.com/UKCCapp/Ctl/link?eid=D9D41A06

The Conran card is one of the best cash back paying credit card. You will get 1% cash back on everything. It is a VISA card so can be used in mearly all places.

Or try Egg Money Card:

http://new.egg.com/visitor/0,,3_81503--View_1705,00.html

Before going for egg money make sure you understand how this works and it is more online based.
  • Jono2000
    Jono2000 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I've squeaked through the morgan stanley credit checks and been awarded a card with £7.5k limit...

I've got 3% cashback until 1st march\february, not sure which as they've just updated their offer dates from when i applied.

My plan is to do all my christmas shopping and new year sales shopping on it, paying off in full every month, then before the end of the 3% cashback offer to Balance Transfer the remainder of an old egg loan to them and enjoy the 3.9% life of balance rate until 2010. (having set up a more appropriate monthly repayment amount!). Does anyone know if MS will Balance Transfer from a competitors loan?

Approximately how long is a "decent interval" between credit card applications?
  • dockerdooley
    Options
    I currently use a goldfish card which points can be exchanged for vouchers, at various stores (partners) I would prefer cash and I am considering applying for a Conran Card, are the shares exchangeable for cash or do they have to be spent in their stores restaurents etc ? if cash how do they pay you ?
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    ...are the shares exchangeable for cash or do they have to be spent in their stores restaurents etc ? if cash how do they pay you ?
    'Shares' are a fiction designed to justify variable cashback. They don't gurantee 1% cashback, although they do pay it for many years already.
    In fact cashback is credited to the Conran CC account once a year and customers don't know anything about 'shares' besides the cashback being shown as 'shares' in CC statements.
  • buffers
    buffers Posts: 1,220 Forumite
    Options
    GE have withdrawn the 'Everyday' card.

PS: Have you found you're getting 3% on everything? Many others have! ;)

Thanks for updating me on GE withdrawing the 'Everyday' card. I did not know this and would not like to mislead anybody.

Checked my statement and YES, we did get 3% on everything!!!!:j Not often the punters come out on the right side!:T
    Jesus loves you:j Everybody else thinks you're an idiot:rolleyes:
  • buffers
    buffers Posts: 1,220 Forumite
    Options
    grovej wrote:
    I have one of the GE Money credit cards that pays 3% on Food and Fuel, and a lower amount on everything else.

I had cause to complain to them the other day and they informed me that the software wasn't working correctly at present and was paying 3% on everything purchased. This is probably why they have withdrawn the card for new applicants, but the bonus was that they stated that the extra cash back would be honoured.

John

Thanks for the info John. Let's hope their 'boffins' are not too diligent in sorting their software out!!!!!:beer:
    Jesus loves you:j Everybody else thinks you're an idiot:rolleyes:
  • jordan_gibson
    Options
    grovej wrote:
    I have one of the GE Money credit cards that pays 3% on Food and Fuel, and a lower amount on everything else.

I had cause to complain to them the other day and they informed me that the software wasn't working correctly at present and was paying 3% on everything purchased. This is probably why they have withdrawn the card for new applicants, but the bonus was that they stated that the extra cash back would be honoured.

John

!!!!!! - I have just been told about this card so was going to apply for one! Now I know why there is no info on their site!
    You can't pick up your teeth with broken fingers!
  • damo_p
    Options
    Hi, just looking to find the best cashback CC deal. The Morgan Stanley card looks good (espcially with the cashback bonus offer over christmas). The T&Cs seem to be out of synch with Martin's article. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

"Subject to the terms of any other offer we may tell you about from time to time, the Cashback Bonus award you earn in accordance with these Rules will be 1% of the first £2,000 of any Purchases and/or part of a Purchase on the Account in a Year followed by 0.5% of the remaining Purchases and/or part of a Purchase on the Account in that Year.

5. Unless we notify you otherwise, in any Year, the maximum amount of Purchases and/or part of a Purchase on the Account (excluding any Purchases for which you have been given a refund) which are eligible to earn Cashback Bonus award under these Rules is £20,000"

Grateful for anyone elses view on this.

Damo
  • Phoenix79_2
    Phoenix79_2 Posts: 1,434 Forumite
    Options
    The deal doesn't seem so impressive now:

http://www.morganstanleycard.co.uk/uk/data/card/platinum/plat.html

I got the 3% cashback promotional deal and the 3.9% LOB option (well, until mid 2010)
  • *BMW*
    *BMW* Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Can I pay household bills with a cashback card??

Mainly I'd be looking to pay yearly bills like car Insurance, Home Insurance, Road tax etc.

I always pay these bills up front anyway and just wondered if i could benefit from the cashback cards??

Im also assuming Egg Money is going to be the one for me?? I'd be spending £5500 on my cashback card if I was to include these annual bills??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure