Fireworks - LOST DOG thread now, not chat.

Options

Comments

• ljonski
    ljonski Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    Options
    Lots of hugs sazzybum - hope he comes home soon !
    "if the state cannot find within itself a place for those who peacefully refuse to worship at its temples, then it’s the state that’s become extreme".Revd Dr Giles Fraser on Radio 4 2017
  • Person_one
    Person_one Posts: 28,884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh no sazzy, I hope he's alright. Fingers crossed he's just lying low, do you think he'd be able to find his way home?
  • h007
    h007 Posts: 1,774 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    poor sazzybum, hope he comes home soon

my 2 cats were not bothered by fireworks last year but
    i have moved and it seems that everyone is letting them off - its mad!!

poor gizmo has spent the last 2 nights under the sofa.

bill is going between scared/interested/sleeping
  • geri1965_2
    geri1965_2 Posts: 8,736 Forumite
    Options
    Jimmy started off in a box under the bed, then went under the blanket box, then finally into the cupboard at the end our bed - he is petrified.

Geri is not bothered at all, I think I am more scared of them than she is.
  • sazzybum
    sazzybum Posts: 1,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Person_one wrote: »
    Oh no sazzy, I hope he's alright. Fingers crossed he's just lying low, do you think he'd be able to find his way home?

Usually, I would say yes PO..but 6 years ago he did this and was brought home from 8 miles away. When he hears them he just keeps on running, he doesn't hide.

He doesn't have his collar and tags on, and that's what's killing me. I'm so sorry to bother everyone with this, as it was my own stupid fault, I should have left him in while I took Bruce out, I just didn't want him beinf scared alone in the house.

Thanks everyone for your support though, and sorry to hijack your thread OP
    Ruaridh Armstrong-missing since 05/11/11. Come home old boy-we miss you x

If you can't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

I will respect your opinions, even if I don't agree with them :)
  • 4nnabella
    4nnabella Posts: 1,889 Forumite
    edited 6 November 2011 at 10:27AM
    Options
    I hope he hasn't gone far, sazzybum!

My cats have been fine this evening, even though it's sounded like a war zone out there...

Cat #1 isn't normally bothered by loud noises, she's just been wandering around as usual squawking for more dinner.

Cat #2, who is normally the most skittish, jumpiest thing you could ever imagine, who hates the vacuum cleaner with a passion and will even skirt around it when it's off, has been asleep next to me on the sofa all evening, without even a flicker when the big ones go off! I hope he stays like this though, as we also get fireworks pretty much non-stop between now and new year's eve around here...

Go figure!
    :j Debt Free 27.07.2011!! :j
  • missmontana
    missmontana Posts: 1,994 Forumite
    Options
    PolarKitt wrote: »
    Wolverine: Omg pretty things out the window....I'm going back to sleep now g'night

River: I'm asleep on the stairs :c

Griffy: Cleaning mah butt~ Cleaning mah leg~ Cleaning your arm~ Purr~
    (he's such and uncaring fluffbutt)

Loki: I CAN CATCH THEM OUT THE WINDOW RIGHT MOM?! RIGHT?! RIGHT?! OMG LOOK ANOTHER ONE! WHY IS THIS FORCEFIELD UPPPPP

Lucian: Staring at Loki like he's brain damaged

Scar & Malachi sleeping on the stairs

as for the dogs, they just need a bit more cuddling than usual and bark everytime they go outside to use the bathroom and the foster cats could not care less they just looked at me like I was stupid for not bringing wet food with me.

I think that given household noises, bells, phones, vacuums, washing machines etc most animals are used to loud noises by the time November comes around.

I'm still giggling at Griffy... none of mine seem that bothered.
    Be who you are, say what you feel, those who mind don't matter, those who matter don't mind.
    They say that talking to yourself is a sign of mental illness. So I talk to the cats instead.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    sazzybum wrote: »

Thanks everyone for your support though, and sorry to hijack your thread OP

No probs, Sazzy, I hope he's found safe and well soon.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Person_one
    Person_one Posts: 28,884 Forumite
    Options
    Sazzy, it might be worth ringing round some local vets, police stations and the dog warden in case somebody brings him in, give them a description and let them know he's microchipped (if he is) so they can get in touch if he appears.
  • gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Cats on a cat tree looking out and then at me, put and at me....

Dog - tried to get under my computer chair.....

:)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure