MSE News: Ryanair flyers face £60 fees thanks to web shutdown

Options
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Ryanair passengers flying on Friday night or Satruday will be walloped with a £60 charge if they fail to check-in early ..."

Comments

• maybird_2
    maybird_2 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Ryanair long ago joined the list of companies I won't have anything to do with because their attitude stinks. Vote with your wallets - it's the only language they understand.
    Waddle you do eh?
  • NFH
    NFH Posts: 4,373 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Passengers should pay the charge under protest and then claim back the charge from Ryanair under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.
  • flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 3,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 14 May 2012 at 7:02PM
    Options
    maybird wrote: »
    Ryanair long ago joined the list of companies I won't have anything to do with because their attitude stinks. Vote with your wallets - it's the only language they understand.

Totally agree - there are those who claim they've brought cheap travel to all - this may be so but their sheer arrogance is astounding - as for their head honcho - well, as the saying goes, one wouldn't wee on him if he was on fire.....

You pays your money and takes your choice - me, I'd rather pay a bit more and deal with a company that at least gives a No2 about it's customers.
  • NFH
    Options
    flashg67 wrote: »
    You pays your money and takes your choice - me, I'd rather pay a bit more and deal with a company that at least gives a No2 about it's customers.
    I agree, and I prefer to pay more and fly business class on British Airways whenever possible. However, I'm looking at flying somewhere soon that is served only by Ryanair. I've looked at every other route possible but nothing else is feasible. So your rationale doesn't always apply.
  • Bob_the_Saver
    Bob_the_Saver Posts: 5,610 Forumite
    edited 14 May 2012 at 7:42PM
    Options
    Why be bl**dy minded, just check-in before, problem solved.

Wake up MSE this is not new news, I posted it last week, I guess the Daily Wail will pick it up now as a shock horror story.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3952823

Gis a job Martin , (I promise not to be rude to people any more) :whistle:
  • MarkBargain
    MarkBargain Posts: 1,641 Forumite
    Options
    Each time we think Ryanair can't stoop any lower, then manage it. With the website being down over the weekend, any sensible business would waive the charges at the airport for the small number of passengers who get caught out. I expect there will be some infuriated people at the airports.
  • NFH
    Options
    As well as claiming back the cost of airport checkin from Ryanair, passengers could also claim back the £6 "Online Check-In" fee that is itemised and included in most Ryanair fares. If Ryanair sells an online check-in service for flights on a specific date and then fails to deliver that service on or just before that specific date, then it is in breach of contract.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Why be bl**dy minded, just check-in before, problem solved. Gis a job Martin , (I promise not to be rude to people any more) :whistle:
    This guy doesn't appear to be able to read, Martin. Right up your street.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I wonder if they can figure out a way to fine people who don't turn up for their flight.

Like people who booked two trips home on adjacent days when they were really cheap, and then used the other one
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Options
    They have contacted all passengers affected.
    Only a very tiny percentage will miss the email,not see the press release or read about it or hear about it from somewhere and then only a further tiny percentage of those, will leave it to the last minute to check in + print their boarding cards.
    As usual a big drama from the Ryanair haters.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure