• mynameistallulah
    Options
    Flyboy152 wrote: »
    I have no idea, I've never been there.

And does your "Windows Mail server" not have access to Google? :p
  • Flyboy152
    Flyboy152 Posts: 17,118 Forumite
    Options
    The point is, why should anyone have to bother themselves with having to do an airline's job for them? They are on holiday, the reason people go on holiday is to relax and not stress out about what the airline have screwed up.
    The greater danger, for most of us, lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark
  • mynameistallulah
    Options
    The point is, why should anyone have to bother themselves with having to an airline's job for them? They are on holiday, the reason people go on holiday is to relax and not stress out about what the airline have screwed up.

Why have the airline screwed up? They are not the ones that messed up the printing of the boarding cards. Do you really find it stressful to ask the hotel reception to print a boarding pass?

"Hello, nice reception lady. Would it be possible to print my boarding pass please?"
    "Yes, of course nice polite guest man. That will be a few pounds/ free of charge."
    "Why thank you kindly".

Stress! :p
  • Bob_the_Saver
    Bob_the_Saver Posts: 5,610 Forumite
    Options
    kenny62 wrote: »
    Ok me and family went to ibiza from liverpool printed boarding passes off before got to liverpool girl on check in took them off me said they wouldnt scan ? (NEW PRINTER LOOKED OK TO ME ),Gave me 3 recipts boaded plane ,we had reserve seating new passes didnt say reserved on so £30 down there ! had a nice week in ibiza got to airport early went to check in all we had was the paper work from liverpool due to being taken at liverpool a week earlyer ,Had to pay 180 euro for return boarding passes tried to complain no one wanted to no ,complained on web site tryed to phone 0845 number 35 min on hold then disconected so i faxed everything to ryan air fax number been waiting 3 weeks no reply, wrote letter etc no reply at least !!!!!! turpin wore a mask when he robbed you! they seem to be a law of there own! someone should do somthing still waiting for a reply 4 weeks now! And £200 out of pocket never again .Do not fly with ryan air !!!!!!:money::mad::mad::mad:

If the 3 boarding cards didn't print well enough to be scanned I'l be returning my New printer to the supplier.
  • Hobsons_Choice
    Hobsons_Choice Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Travelled to Malta from B'ham last year with Ryanair. Our boarding passes had printed out quite small (my fault) and I didn't realise they wouldn't scan. We travelled with only hand luggage, but staff sent us to the Ryanair check-in and they reprinted the passes full A4 size FOC.
    At the hotel in Malta we asked for the return passes to be photocopied or reprinted full A4 size, they did this happily and FOC. When we arrived to check in at Malta, they said they don't scan at that airport....but still it wasn't worth the risk and it was all done quickly and politely.
    Normal people worry me.
  • jimscout
    Options
    I enter this space with some trepidation having read the entire forum it seems I am placing myself at great risk of being abused.
    let me make it clear I am a regular Ryanair flyer and would desribe myself as a huge fan. I am fortunate enough to own a small property in france and it is only because of the existance of ryanair and the possibility of not only cheap fares but access to and from regional airports.However lovers fall out on occasion!
    I know all the rules and do everything I can to minimise my costs.
    We were delighted to discover that ryanair were flying to an area of Greece we love to visit, Patras. flying home from there it made sense to go from Patras to Milan spend a night in the beautiful city of bergamo and then fly to Manchester. The cost £18. Astonishing!
    We flew out with london Airways because I have some Avios and finally found a way to use them that made some sort of economic sense and this was more than 15 days before return flights. so check in for flight on Monday 28th may was to be done in greece. I have a small laptop which I routinely take with me but not a printer. however I anticipated no difficulty with doing on-line check in whilst away once we had arrived in the paradise known as gialova and the wonderful Voula at Zoes. Thats an unsolicited endorsement. ( I hope none of the angry people on this forum find their way there)
    I did the check in on the laptop around about the 21st expecting to print off without difficulty. that was not the case. i am not daft and quite capable of reading a booking reference know my e-mail address and knew where i was flying from and to but it constantly told me my itinerary was not recognised. this went on for several days and was causing quite a lot of stress as 60 euro floated in front of my eyes times 2.
    Penultimate attempt was in an internet cafe in Pyrgos more than 4 hours before departure. To my great relief the forms appeared on screen but accompanied by a message in Greek. The man in the shop who had been very helpful just said "problem" but had no English to explain or resolve the problem.
    Two hours later another internet cafe and again after a couple of attempts the forms again appear but now re-print is pale and get no reaction from the printer again the very helpful young man cannot reolve or explain.( because it was within 4 hours? Do the T&Cs make it clear printing as opposed to check in must be done within 4 hours)
    Atraxas airport have no intention of letting us off without paying 60 euro each. (By the way they seemed extremely keen on odd shaped baggage as well) They lied Ryanair wouldnt allow them to print boarding passes. As others have found the staff at the office can do it in a flash and have experiencd this myself at Leeds Bradford (excellent service on that occasion.)
    I have been very encouraged to find this forum as I think it explains what went wrong and it wasnt my fault it was ryanairs and they will therefore pay for it. I will take County Court action if they dont refund the 120 euro. Despite reservations expressed elsewhere I think I know enough of the law to at the very least cause them a great deal of expense and inconvenience though I would prefer to avoid this as it only gets passed on in higher fares.
    I would like to hear from others who have been in this position who would perhaps give statements of their experiences to present to the court to build the case.
    Almost in an effort to cover my back from attacks on the forum I would also add that it is my considerable experience that if the flight is booked from eg France you dont get the usual warning e-mail about on line check in 7 days in advance and I certainly didnt get any e-mail saying there might be a problem due to the system shutting down.Also the on-line system never offered the 3rd option of access which I normally use, date of travel, route and e-mail address. This was particularly difficult as I couldnt find the e-mail sent at time of booking the Milan Manchester leg so didnt have a booking reference. Perhaps my error but I dont usually mess up thet badly! By the way I pay by Ryanair Passport think they will take up my complaint!
  • Flyboy152
    Flyboy152 Posts: 17,118 Forumite
    Options
    jimscout wrote: »
    I enter this space with some trepidation having read the entire forum it seems I am placing myself at great risk of being abused.
    let me make it clear I am a regular Ryanair flyer and would desribe myself as a huge fan. I am fortunate enough to own a small property in france and it is only because of the existance of ryanair and the possibility of not only cheap fares but access to and from regional airports.However lovers fall out on occasion!
    We were delighted to discover that ryanair were flying to an area of Greece we love to visit, Patras. flying home from there it made sense to go from Patras to Milan spend a night in the beautiful city of bergamo and then fly to Manchester. The cost £18. Astonishing!
    We flew out with london Airways because I have some Avios and finally found a way to use them that made some sort of economic sense and this was more than 15 days before return flights. so check in for flight on Monday 28th may was to be done in greece. I have a small laptop which I routinely take with me but not a printer. however I anticipated no difficulty with doing on-line check in whilst away once we had arrived in the paradise known as gialova and the wonderful Voula at Zoes. Thats an unsolicited endorsement. ( I hope none of the angry people on this forum find their way there)
    I did the check in on the laptop around about the 21st expecting to print off without difficulty. that was not the case. i am not daft and quite capable of reading a booking reference know my e-mail address and knew where i was flying from and to but it constantly told me my itinerary was not recognised. this went on for several days and was causing quite a lot of stress as 60 euro floated in front of my eyes times 2.
    Penultimate attempt was in an internet cafe in Pyrgos more than 4 hours before departure. To my great relief the forms appeared on screen but accompanied by a message in Greek. The man in the shop who had been very helpful just said "problem" but had no English to explain or resolve the problem.
    Two hours later another internet cafe and again after a couple of attempts the forms again appear but now re-print is pale and get no reaction from the printer again the very helpful young man cannot reolve or explain.( because it was within 4 hours? Do the T&Cs make it clear printing as opposed to check in must be done within 4 hours)
    Atraxas airport have no intention of letting us off without paying 60 euro each. (By the way they seemed extremely keen on odd shaped baggage as well) They lied Ryanair wouldnt allow them to print boarding passes. As others have found the staff at the office can do it in a flash and have experiencd this myself at Leeds Bradford (excellent service on that occasion.)
    I have been very encouraged to find this forum as I think it explains what went wrong and it wasnt my fault it was ryanairs and they will therefore pay for it. I will take County Court action if they dont refund the 120 euro. Despite reservations expressed elsewhere I think I know enough of the law to at the very least cause them a great deal of expense and inconvenience though I would prefer to avoid this as it only gets passed on in higher fares.
    I would like to hear from others who have been in this position who would perhaps give statements of their experiences to present to the court to build the case.
    Almost in an effort to cover my back from attacks on the forum I would also add that it is my considerable experience that if the flight is booked from eg France you dont get the usual warning e-mail about on line check in 7 days in advance and I certainly didnt get any e-mail saying there might be a problem due to the system shutting down.Also the on-line system never offered the 3rd option of access which I normally use, date of travel, route and e-mail address. This was particularly difficult as I couldnt find the e-mail sent at time of booking the Milan Manchester leg so didnt have a booking reference. Perhaps my error but I dont usually mess up thet badly! By the way I pay by Ryanair Passport think they will take up my complaint!

Even if you do win court, RyanUnfair are apparently notorious for not paying up.
    The greater danger, for most of us, lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Options
    Even if you do win court, RyanUnfair are apparently notorious for not paying up.

using "apparently" just means you made that up and you don't really know
  • SaveTheEuro
    SaveTheEuro Posts: 971 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

When have they ever been found to be in contempt of court?
  • Bob_the_Saver
    Bob_the_Saver Posts: 5,610 Forumite
    Options
    jimscout wrote: »

This may help in the future but I have often checked-in 21 days in advance with Ryanair. (I know it says 14 days and I have not done it this year) but it worked OK last year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure