Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,464 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy new hair tomorrow.
    Mine is currently like a mop :o
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Glad you had a nice time in Scotland DIA .
    You still seem on top of things from what I can see.
    Sorry to hear about your friend . In a way it's a reflection off our lives in general . We have all these worries just trying to survive by doing the right thing , yet in the end I often ask why bother ?
    Anyway I'll leave that there .

Hope the weekend is good
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    A pot for appearance would be an excellent idea.
    Hairdressers is in my monthly budget and I have a small amount of personal spends on top. I give myself a quarterly clothes allowance too. It is nice having guilt free spends
    I have decided to do this and an account has been targeted. Thanks ladies :)
    Glad you had a nice time in Scotland DIA .
    You still seem on top of things from what I can see.
    Sorry to hear about your friend . In a way it's a reflection off our lives in general . We have all these worries just trying to survive by doing the right thing , yet in the end I often ask why bother ?
    Anyway I'll leave that there .

Hope the weekend is good
    Thanks AC. Scotland was a joy. You are right we should not worry too much and enjoy life when we can :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I definitely do better with regular habits, with a routine.!I feel in a limbo as I have left one routine but I don’t have a new one yet. I’ve been lurking on the NST October diary and I will be stealing ideas for routines from Mothernerd :).

I’m not ‘getting with the programme’ as the Americans say. I am trying not to panic as when I was on sabbatical it took me a few months to get into a rhythm. That said it is official I am in a fug. :(

I am not in a rhythm with my creative work. When I went on sabbatical it took months to get going so I am not panicking…yet!

I am not exercising and my eating is not where I want it.:o

I booked a mini seaside break in late November. Just one night so I have a day either side. I have paid for it all including travel from my everyday spending. Hopefully it will be dry but cold. I like that sort of weather when walking by the sea. I also became a member of a gallery. I seem to be spending money on nice experiences. Everything is paid for upfront but analysing it, I think it may be escapism as I am not targeting the house improvements.

I don’t regret the things I have spent on but instead of escapism I need to face my reality and deal with it so I can sort the house and progress my plan. I feel stuck with this but I trust myself to unstick myself.:o

FROG ALERT. I’ve been meaning to apply for WTC and I WILL DO THAT TODAY. It will only be a few pounds but every little helps.

Wishing you all a positive Sunday.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • another_casualty
    Options
    It just seems that you're getting used to adjusting to your new patterns DIA . It has to be expected that things will be bumpy for a while . You obviously have important things to do regarding your home etc which can seem off putting . Tying all of those things with the rest of your changes will make you feel lousy . Eventually things will improve . Hopefully not too long .

Good to see you planning things and treating yourself . That's what we are here for anyway on this planet . Hope the break at the seaside is good . One plus is that it's less touristy and calmer and you'll have more room to move around .
    Have a good week ..
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,464 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Ypu might also be eligible for council tax reduction?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sunshine_girl2
    Options
    It takes a while to get used to a new routine , I am sure you will get there eventually. Hope you get the WTC sorted out soon.
    Debt free April 26th 2021

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,797 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 20 October 2019 at 9:14PM
    Options
    It just seems that you're getting used to adjusting to your new patterns DIA . It has to be expected that things will be bumpy for a while . You obviously have important things to do regarding your home etc which can seem off putting . Tying all of those things with the rest of your changes will make you feel lousy . Eventually things will improve . Hopefully not too long .

Good to see you planning things and treating yourself . That's what we are here for anyway on this planet . Hope the break at the seaside is good . One plus is that it's less touristy and calmer and you'll have more room to move around .
    Have a good week ..
    Thanks AC :) I'll get there in the end and yes, I don't regret the treats and I got good bargains too :money:
    beanielou wrote: »
    Ypu might also be eligible for council tax reduction?
    It takes a while to get used to a new routine , I am sure you will get there eventually. Hope you get the WTC sorted out soon.
    Thanks Beanielou and SSG :) I spent this evening sorting it out. I have a letter to them ready to post tomorrow. I am not going to get anything until April 2020 and even then it is just a few pounds but if I get it I will be pleased.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Well done for sorting out the WTC claim :T. I'm sure you will get into a routine soon.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Like everyone has said, adjusting to all the changes will take time. Enjoy it
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure