PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's strange! I wonder what possessed HWK to do that?
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    I dunno about old fashioned and with nothing in it but Shipton Mill is organic. There's a brand that sells at National Trust shops but can I 'eck remember it. I'll get my thinking cap on some more.

Does HWK have a reason why he did that Lyn? I think he's in for a change of name!:rotfl:

Monna I don't know about being a step closer to a medal, personally I think it's a step closer to a padded room!

Thank you all for cheering me on. Imagine if I had typed all 6 sides of A4 on my tablet last night... and I never had to read it. Result or no result I think my face would look like I was chewing a wasp if that had happened. :D:rotfl:
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    Ah Wessex Mill Mar. I've used it and I like it. There's a stockists map on their site. It looks like you can order online as well.
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello all
    Just popping in to say, in no particular order.....
    Yay Fuddle :j. I'm glad TPTB saw sense ;).
    Mardartha I'm sorry that you are in such pain, I hope you can get some relief soon. In the meantime there's a crate or two of JB's winging it's way up to Scotlandshire via t'internet.
    NurseMaggie Bu88er :mad:. I had everything crossed for you.
    Vjsmum hope the cold makes a swift exit.
    Karcher I hope that you are ok now, health wise and work wise. Thinking of you.
    I'm making the most of the calm before the storm, as DGD is due teatime for a sleepover :rotfl:. Seriously she's lovely on her own, a bit bossy but that's 'cos she's a girl ( and bl00dy minded :D ).
    Hugs to anyone who needs one and get well wishes to all the poorlies.
    nan xx

Exactly what Nan said ^^^
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lyn I can only say the same as you but I would have given him frozen lettuce with his dinner and if this is what you have a frozen apple and a frozen orange for his pudding.

Mar I would have said a working mill in Derbyshire if you were near, only ever bought wholemeal flour from such places. I sure you can find an independent whole food shop in Edinburgh. I am also sure a few of these old working mills sell online.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    mar, for you, this flour is rated
    https://www.costco.co.uk/view/p/marriages-organic-strong-white-bread-flour-16kg-155038

I personally buy shipton mill or lately from bakery bits
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the flour info everybody xxx will do some digging now :)
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope you don't mind me de-lurking, another votes for Shipton Mill and Wessex Mill flours also Bacheldre Mill stoneground organic which is available from A*azon. In this area small independent health food stores and the nice, but rather expensive farm shops sell lovely flours.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Glad you're on the mend Nursemaggie, sorry about the bungalow. Thank you for the welcome back. I'm not working full time right now, when we got a new supervisor, rather than her do the 3 days of the previous one, she's full time. The bonus to that is, she's lovely and doing a great job. The downside is that my hours got drastically cut. But it's all good in the end, because full time right now would likely do me in. As for the house, it'll still be here when I feel better!

Ooh VJsmum! Swedish furniture, my favourite! It's just like giant adult lego, love the stuff. If I could pop round I'd want to pitch in!

Congratulations Fuddle, it sounds like you managed to beat silly bureaucracy at its worst. Great news for your daughter.

Mardatha, maybe we could carve some vegetables into jelly baby shapes.... Could you stand massage? Just wondering if that might help.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'd said previously that I didn't think the fridge was effectively holding temperature any more (it's getting on) and he'd always said it was OK. I asked him yesterday if we still had his dads old fridge thermometer and he 'Just thought it felt a bit warmer in there than it had, so I turned it down a bit!' bless him!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback