Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• planetf1
    planetf1 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How have people been getting on with sky retention offers recently (after canceling - in 30 day notice period?)

I currently have Sky HD, single box, with the old variety pack and HD - so it includes box sets, and f1.

My regular price is 46.50, the first retention offer got it to 30, the second perhaps 28. I didn't check contract period. I assume this would invalidate any offer to upgrade to Q at low cost?

I declined as I've recently been using the Tivo v6 box and quite like it, and so was trying to get a good price on Sky Q. Had I not canceled I could have got it for £20 + £12pcm/18m . However the best prices they're offering it to me at are around £53 which is pretty high

Meanwhilst virgin had offered me an effective £45 (actual £83... I'm taking off £38 pcm for 350 Mbps broadband which I'll keep whatever happens) which is actually for TWO Tivo v6 boxes, all channels (no atlantic of course!), Sports (I only need f1), Movies (meh: other streaming better), all in HD, and phone line (which I don't need). There's no guarantee that offer is still open as I agreed, and am in notice period for the switch to BB only

So what have sky offered you? Is there any point in seeing if they'll do better on Q, or do I just decide to either take up the HD only pack (the better value I know), or go back to see if I can switch back to virgin for multiroom?

Also I am a 15yr+ diamond sky rewards customer so currently could upgrade to skyq for £20+12pcm. Could I upgrade after getting a good price on the HD content? Do you think that offer would be intact? Do you think they'd still honour the monthly discount on the TV bundle? (Of course I know it would only apply for <12m so on a skyQ package I'd be paying full whack until 18m is up)
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    planetf1 wrote: »
    How have people been getting on with sky retention offers recently (after canceling - in 30 day notice period?)

I currently have Sky HD, single box, with the old variety pack and HD - so it includes box sets, and f1.

Also I am a 15yr+ diamond sky rewards customer so currently could upgrade to skyq for £20+12pcm. Could I upgrade after getting a good price on the HD content? Do you think that offer would be intact? Do you think they'd still honour the monthly discount on the TV bundle? (Of course I know it would only apply for <12m so on a skyQ package I'd be paying full whack until 18m is up)

Just read back a couple of pages to see what people have managed to get out of Sky (quick version, not a lot), that's the point of the thread.

Unless it's a very old legacy pack (is Boxsets an addon for you?), Variety & Boxsets were separate packages. Same with HD as that came with Boxsets unless you're talking Sports HD.

Your Q offer would stay regardless as long as your Sky membership is unbroken. It's something they can possibly hold over you if you schedule a cancellation.

They probably wouldn't give you a good discount on HD+ and then pass it over to Q. How long the discount on Q would be for would vary by customer, only Sky can advise beyond that.
  • FloFlo
    FloFlo Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    Options
    About halfway through cancellation period and turned down the on phone retention offer, then was offered £15 entertainment, £3.50 boxset, £3.50 kids, £2 HD, £28 sports, £9 cinema in my online account. Today an offer popped up for £15 entertainment, £1 box sets, £1 kids £1 HD, £9 cinema, £28 sports.

Tempted to go with £15 entertainment, £1 box sets, £1 HD, £9 cinema.
    But I need a multiscreen with they will charge £12 for.

I am also out of minimum term for phone/broadband and offered £24.50 for unlimited broadband and evening and weekends phone.

Is that all I can expect? Anyone had a good deal on multiscreen?
  • [Deleted User]
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    FloFlo wrote: »
    Tempted to go with £15 entertainment, £1 box sets, £1 HD, £9 cinema.
    But I need a multiscreen with they will charge £12 for.

I am also out of minimum term for phone/broadband and offered £24.50 for unlimited broadband and evening and weekends phone.

Is that all I can expect? Anyone had a good deal on multiscreen?

Can't say I've seen anyone have success with a multiscreen discount. Is it HD+ or Q?

If that's ADSL broadband (rather than fibre) then that's not a good deal at all. You can get fibre for less (although without a calls package) and ADSL for much lower effective cost.

Edit: the TV offer isn't bad at all, I'd be happy with that.
  • FloFlo
    Options
    Can't say I've seen anyone have success with a multiscreen discount. Is it HD+ or Q?

If that's ADSL broadband (rather than fibre) then that's not a good deal at all. You can get fibre for less (although without a calls package) and ADSL for much lower effective cost.

Edit: the TV offer isn't bad at all, I'd be happy with that.

I can't get fibre where I am. It's HD+
  • [Deleted User]
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    FloFlo wrote: »
    I can't get fibre where I am. It's HD+

You've more chance of a multiroom discount with HD+ than Q without a doubt.

See what's available at https://broadband.moneysavingexpert.com/ for standard broadband then, there's not a standout deal for ADSL at the moment but with rewards and such the effective price for just the BB/LR is about £4 a month less than you've been quoted so see if you can get £50 credit to offset it maybe.

Edit: it changes quickly and often so there may well be a £10 offer tomorrow for all we know. There's no guarantees.
  • FloFlo
    Options
    Bit the bullet and went on online chat and was offered, entertainment, cinema, box sets, hd and multiroom for £38 month 12 month contract. Then was offered £19 for unlimited broadband, line rental and evening weekend calls.

Happy with that
  • Captain89
    Captain89 Posts: 113 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just got off the chat 4 days into my cancellation period. Accepted £11 for Entertainment, £1 for Kids, £1 for Box sets £6 for multiroom for another 12 months. Couldn't squeeze any credit this time so a bit worse off then the 60% of and £50 credit from last year.

Anyone managed to get any credit added?
  • Th3_Ripper
    Th3_Ripper Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    Captain that beats the offer I got this morning.
    I rang to make first contact ahead of cancelling and was offered entertainment, kids boxsets and multi room for £28.

Strangely and I haven't really read much about sky q a page was then displayed offering the same price for sky q. Not sure how that compares?
  • comalley2015
    comalley2015 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    What would you think a good price would be for the full Sky HD TV packages per mont. I am a 10 year customer and have been offered £40 per month on chat (I am in my cancellation period).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback