Forum Home» Phones & TV

Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes ) - Page 163

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Phones & TV
3.8K replies 729K views

Replies

• edited 8 May 2018 at 7:24PM
    funkey_monkeyfunkey_monkey Forumite
    371 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    edited 8 May 2018 at 7:24PM
    Hi,

Was looking to move property. Currently on Variety @£32pm with no HD.

Was offered Q 2TB box for £199 and Entertainment at £25pm for HD. That is no better than a new customer. A few weeks ago I was offered the same box for £30 and £20pm for the Entertainment package inc HD.
    I've been with them over 18 years.

I was wanting the 2TB box as I want the bluetooth remote - the property is setup to have a comms room and it is neater to have the box out of sight.

Seriously thinking about pulling the plug altogether and getting rid of their ugly dish too. We only have Sky for the Discovery channels!

Should I have been expecting a better offer than that? That was from the disconnection team.
  • Th3_RipperTh3_Ripper Forumite
    52 posts
    Not sure if this helps anyone..

I received a letter/flyer today via the post offering an upgrade to Sky Q for the same price as my current deal (£28 a month for multi room, entertainment, kids, box sets). It is also displayed online.
  • Captain89Captain89 Forumite
    110 posts
    Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi,

Was looking to move property. Currently on Variety @£32pm with no HD.

Was offered Q 2TB box for £199 and Entertainment at £25pm for HD. That is no better than a new customer. A few weeks ago I was offered the same box for £30 and £20pm for the Entertainment package inc HD.
    I've been with them over 18 years.

I was wanting the 2TB box as I want the bluetooth remote - the property is setup to have a comms room and it is neater to have the box out of sight.

Seriously thinking about pulling the plug altogether and getting rid of their ugly dish too. We only have Sky for the Discovery channels!

Should I have been expecting a better offer than that? That was from the disconnection team.

You usually get the best deals when you actually put in your cancellation notice. Do that, if they offer you a deal you like then take it and then pay the £30 for the home move? You'll keep any offers you have if you use the home move team rather than sign up as a new customer.
  • Captain89Captain89 Forumite
    110 posts
    Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What would you think a good price would be for the full Sky HD TV packages per mont. I am a 10 year customer and have been offered £40 per month on chat (I am in my cancellation period).

50% off is usually the min people aim for with sky. Mine is 60% as that's the min I've been getting for 5 odd years and am not willing to ever pay more as I can easily live without sky.

My latest offer is 61.5% off but that's cause I only managed to get 50% off multiroom which brought the overall TV % down.
  • As usual my Sky broadband payments had crept up and I was paying £32 per month - way too much. Went online to get my account number so I could ring them and make the usual threats to leave and spotted a 'Thinking of cancelling Sky Broadband?' button. Clicked on this, answered a couple of questions about it being too expensive and there are better deals out there and was offered Sky Broadband Unlimited for £20 per month for a year. Accepted this as a lot less hassle than moving to a new provider, and the whole thing took about 4 seconds. Sharing in case useful to anyone else.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • niktheguruniktheguru Forumite
    168 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    For reference, the deals I were recently offered after putting in a cancellation request were:

Sky HD:

Entertainment pack: £15
    Kids: £1
    Box sets:£1
    HD: £1
    Sports HD: £2
    Sports and cinema: £19
    Multiscreen:£12
    Total £51 a month on 12 month contract

Sky Q:
    Free 2tb Sky Q box + 1 mini box
    Entertainment pack: £16
    Kids: £3.50
    HD: £.3.50
    Box sets: £3.50
    Sports [email protected] £2
    Sports and cinema: £20
    Multiscreen: £12
    Total £60 on 18 month contract (but sports and cinema go up£10 a month after 12 months)

I took the sky q option. Would have gone to virgin media VIP package instead due to better internet and bt sport inclusion but still have 6 month minimum term left on sky fibre max bundle.

I was offered varying prices for above packages on both phone and live chat, but this was the best of the 4 times i tried. I know its not as good as some has had, but thought i'd share my experience.
  • I handed my cancellation request in 10 days ago:

Was paying £57 for

Sky Entertainment
    Box Sets
    Kids
    Sports and Movies
    Multiscreen
    HD

Been offered all the above for £58 over the phone and £56 through webchat ????????????

What are the chances they will give me a better deal before it actually cancels

Really tempted to go with Virgin Media's VIP bundle
  • rgjohnsonrgjohnson Forumite
    2 posts
    Bill had gone up to approx. 80 for Entertainment, Box, Kids, HD, Sports and Multiroom.

Turned down their initial offer of £64 and held out trying a few channels. Eventually, got £15 for entertainment, £14.50 for sports, £1 each for kids, hd and box sets and £12 for multiroom. Insisted that all bar entertainment on rolling 1 month contract (as may drop sports and multi) and they were happy with that.

44.50 in total.
  • rivageezarivageeza Forumite
    7 posts
    On the day my Sky was switched off, I went onto live chat and managed to get Entertainment, Kids, Boxsets and HD using my existing SkyHD box for £16 a month.
  • cashmongercashmonger Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    411 posts
    My £9.95 deal I got on here is about to be up at the end of the month.

Gonna try giving them a ring and tell them of the plusnet offer for £10 a month on here.