Add your feedback on energy supplier M&S Energy

Options

Comments

• dan3811991119
    Options
    Hi,

M&S came up the cheapest for me too and I would like to change to them. I currently have a £300 credit balance with Eon though... what happens to this??

You can ask for a refund once your final bill has been produced
  • Mrs_LT
    Mrs_LT Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    M&S Fix & Save came up the cheapest for me too (£228 less a year). Energy prices fixed until Sept. 2014. However, Standing Charge is not fixed. Is it worth changing???
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,525 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    We we approached in store and advised they were cheaper. I did my own research and they were.

Switch went smoothly, online system works and never had a problem. Prompt payment for quarterly bills which offsets some of the DD discount, with low useage this is marginal anyway.
  • Catslovelycats
    Options
    Does anyone know whether the MSE club factors in the Tesco clubacard rewards and discounts when comparing prices?

M&S looks a good deal for me too, but I'm wondering if I need factor in e.on's 6% DD discount and Tesco clubcard points, in which case it may not still be as good a deal...

Anyone know?

Thanks
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,525 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anyone know whether the MSE club factors in the Tesco clubacard rewards and discounts when comparing prices?

M&S looks a good deal for me too, but I'm wondering if I need factor in e.on's 6% DD discount and Tesco clubcard points, in which case it may not still be as good a deal...

Anyone know?

Thanks

Probably not, but it also probably doesn't mention the M&S vouchers you get for being a customer.
  • apt
    apt Posts: 3,188 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bet it does not mention that Quidco is currently offering £50 per fuel cashback on M&S energy either (although there is feedback that it ishard to get M&S energy to pay out the cashback).
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    Options
    apt wrote: »
    Bet it does not mention that Quidco is currently offering £50 per fuel cashback on M&S energy either (although there is feedback that it ishard to get M&S energy to pay out the cashback).

Official stats from quidco. Don't believe tittle tattle elsewhere.
    Tracking speed
    Less than 6 hours
    (from purchase)
    62% tracked within 6 hours
    29% tracked within 12 hours
    10% tracked within 1 day

Tracking reliability
    96.9% tracked

Cashback claim payment speed
    Less than 5 months
    (from submission date)
    100% paid between 90 to 180 days
  • Ziggy_Stardust
    Options

Anyone know?

Thanks

Would it be possible to go to Eon and get a quote where they factor in the 6% discount and compare it to the MSE club quote? As for the Clubcard points I wouldn't count them but just look at them as a little bonus.
  • merlin1
    merlin1 Posts: 715 Forumite
    Options
    quick update on my switch, email received from M&S asking me to click a link and set up an account password. They are now sending a letter with a 4 digit code to complete the online account setup... so far so good :)
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mrs_LT wrote: »
    M&S Fix & Save came up the cheapest for me too (£228 less a year). Energy prices fixed until Sept. 2014. However, Standing Charge is not fixed.
    What makes you think that the standing charge is not fixed? I can't find a reference to that anywhere.
    Stompa
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport