Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• superbigal36
    Options
    Just had a look on the Irish Site
    I see if you have Skysports then SportsExtra it is reduced from 34Euros to 10 Euros for 6 months.

Just checked my current package and SkySports Complete pack is discounted for 18 months from £28 to £10 which is about 65% discount.
    If Sports Extra is around about £25 on launch in UK I will clearly be looking to pay no more than about £10-£12 for full contract.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just had a look on the Irish Site
    I see if you have Skysports then SportsExtra it is reduced from 34Euros to 10 Euros for 6 months.

Just checked my current package and SkySports Complete pack is discounted for 18 months from £28 to £10 which is about 65% discount.
    If Sports Extra is around about £25 on launch in UK I will clearly be looking to pay no more than about £10-£12 for full contract.

I've edited my previous post as it's a bit confusing on the Irish Sky site.
  • bobstheboy
    Options
    Reading these posts it is apparent it is the luck of the draw as to what deal you manage to get with Sky. I do understand that the position of strength is after your contract finishes and you cancel, but even then some seem to get a good deal with the minimum of fuss,others have to work hard.

With the new Sky Sports and BT Sports packages it will be interesting to see the best price.
  • smerch1468
    Options
    Things have totally changed with Sky now, it used to be a 5 min call with retentions to get a decent deal. Now you literally have to barge your way to retentions, they have a team set up to "rejoin" sky that offer you a worse deal than when you originally cancelled.

Roll on Amazon making inroads to Premier League football amongst other things. The UK Pay TV market needs a serious shakeup. That aside, Sky is now making people watch streams (especially for sporting events) from overseas to get content that used to be reasonably priced.
  • broooce2229
    Options
    Is there information when these new sky sports and BT sports packages will be available?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Is there information when these new sky sports and BT sports packages will be available?

They are already, but since it's a soft launch they don't advertise them yet, contact them and ask for it. I've been told it's the 27th or 29th of this month they'll officially launch, can't remember which.
  • Peter999_2
    Options
    I've left Sky again today.

I was on the full TV Package (sports, films etc) and was paying £36 a month but with £100 cashback.

I contacted them on the chat feature (facebook) as I hate wasting my time spending forever on the phone. They tried to keep me but only offered what is the standard price anyway, i.e. dropping sports and movies. I firmly said no and they have cancelled it.

I got an email confirming the cancellation straight away so that was good.
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    I can give my cancellation this Thursday.

To be honest I am really thinking about leaving this time....think there are enough other streams to keep family happy....have amazon prime and Netflix...

Will document my progress
  • martinbuckley
    Options
    I have Entertainment and cinema - currently paying £31 a month. Received renewal "offer" by post which would take it to "only" £39.50 a month.

Contacted sky via chat and was offered it for £28 a month over an 18 month contract, with a Q box to replace my 7 year old HD+ box. I accepted.
  • davidmcg2u
    Options
    Hi folks - I'm almost at the end of my deal so gave Sky their month's notice like I do every January.

I was offered the following on chat:

Entertainment - £17
    HD - £1
    Kids - £1
    Ultimate on Demand - £3 (honouring current deal to 2021)
    Sports & Cinema - £26
    Sky Q MS - £13
    Superfast BB with line rental - £27

Current paying £90 a month so this would be £88.

Was really tempted with Virgin Media's deal of full TV package, Fibre BB & Free sim. This is £89 o 12 month contractwith £165 via Topcashback & £150 cashback through VM's site until midnight. Our lines were laid in December so I would need to wait 10 days for a Eng visit so the £265 offers not available to me - gutted!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback