Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• Kateald
    Options
    My skyq discounts come to an end at end of jan so I used chat today. After some back and forth agreed to £55 for all tv and a (new) mini box as we are going to have sky in another room For first time. We have the full package, sports, cinema, kids etc so I’m ok with that.
    Currently with plusnet for broadband out of contract and was happy to add super fast fibre (we don’t have fibre atm, so looking forward to this!) for £20 inc line rental. This was the price offered for essentials at first so happy with that.
    If I had gone ahead and cancelled I don’t doubt I might have bettered this but I’m paying less than currently for a better package so that will suit me. Chat was slow but easy. Politely declined a few offers til we got to one I was happy with.
  • NorthEasterner123
    Options
    Hello my Sky Q deal soon ends on 7th Feb. My current deal is:

Entertainment - £14.60
    Ultimate on Demand - £3.00
    Sky HD - £1.00
    Q Experience/Multiscreen - £13.00
    Total - £31.60

It will be going up to £47.60 with only Ultimate on Demand remaining at offer price of £3.00.

I also have Sky ultrafast 1 for £22 which is on a separate contract.

Is it likely I can retain my offers by renewing for another year or 18 months? Last time I had given notice to cancel my TV packages and negotiated by going to sky . com/comeback

Any good retention deals lately for Sky Q? Thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

Entertainment - £14.60
    Sky HD - £1.00
    Total - £31.60

It will be going up to £47.60 with only Ultimate on Demand remaining at offer price of £3.00.

Is it likely I can retain my offers by renewing for another year or 18 months? Last time I had given notice to cancel my TV packages and negotiated by going to sky . com/comeback

Time to contact them if you're within the final month. You should be able to get similar I think without too much hassle. The UoD offer is for 18 months (I got the same one) so is good until January 2021.

I'm guessing the BB is still in contract? If so they may be open to renegotiating the entire package although that is a good price.
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    Good morning

My SKy package at the moment consists of

Sky Entertainment at 13 pounds......discounted from 27
    Ultimate on demand. 12 pounds
    Kids £1.... discounted from 5
    Cinema at £19.....realise this is full price....I cancelled my Sky F1 and didn’t realise they were linked..
    HD. £1. Discounted from 5
    SkY Q multiscreeen. at £13

So a total of 59 per month.....which starts increasing over next month as discounts fall off acount....thinking I can give 30 days notice from 13 January

Happy to lose kids channels as mine are now 16 and 13....

Would like the cost per month to be less than £50....
    Am I asking to much

Thanks all
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options

Entertainment - £14.60
    Sky HD - £1.00
    Total - £31.60

Does your ultimate on demand include Netflix.....if so paying £3 is good....as I’m paying £9 per month than you.....
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Does your ultimate on demand include Netflix.....if so paying £3 is good....as I’m paying £9 per month than you.....

Yes, all UoD packages include Netflix & Boxsets. It was a very short term offer last year that someone posted on here, I got it myself and it's an 18 month deal at that.
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    Yes, all UoD packages include Netflix & Boxsets. It was a very short term offer last year that someone posted on here, I got it myself and it's an 18 month deal at that.

Great offer
  • Ratinthekitchen
    Ratinthekitchen Posts: 6 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 January 2020 at 12:57AM
    Options
    Have the whole TV multi room HD package inc sports/movies/box/kids for 73 and just signed on to Q with experience and UOD. My upgrade was a no cost increase keeping existing discounts which brought it in at 80 (inc Netflix saving).

New customer price on web for this is 77. Spoke to two different people they wouldn't beat or even match it (can't threaten to cancel as mid contract). Asked if I could do a new 18mth contract rather than upgrade but they said price for that would be 91.

Given Q is 18mth contract but my discounts expire in 9 months this could be a tricky negotiation, slightly concerned they wont need to offer me anything!
  • DavidWFC
    DavidWFC Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have the whole TV multi room HD package inc sports/movies/box/kids for 73 and just signed on to Q with experience and UOD. My upgrade was a no cost increase keeping existing discounts which brought it in at 80 (inc Netflix saving).

New customer price on web for this is 77. Spoke to two different people they wouldn't beat or even match it (can't threaten to cancel as mid contract). Asked if I could do a new 18mth contract rather than upgrade but they said price for that would be 91.

Given Q is 18mth contract but my discounts expire in 9 months this could be a tricky negotiation, slightly concerned they wont need to offer me anything!

I wouldn't worry too much about minimum terms to be honest. Sky are very crafty at how they like to keep your custom and tie you into new minimum terms on different products to prevent you having a feasible option to leave. If you spend enough time researching, you can play them at their own game and use it to your advantage. You just have to know the offers ask for them, they'll never offer them you if you call up and ask blindly "do you have any offers on at the moment"... At least this is what I've found.

In August, my contract with Sky expired, and when recontracting I was offered a very poor deal which I ended up accepting because I didn't want to threat to leave and then have to miss the start of the new football season. Sad I know, but that was my thinking at the time and it was cheaper paying for Sky than paying to watch st the local pub - At least that's my money saving justification! So my Sky package was as below...
    Sky Entertainment - £20 (£7 discount)
    Sky Kids - Free (£5 discount)
    Sky Sports - £14 (£14 discount)
    Sky Sports HD - £2 (£4 discount)
    Sky HD - £2 (£3 discount)
    Sky Cinema - £5 (£6 discount)
    Sky Q Multiscreen Pack - £13

In October, I saw online a that Sky was advertising Sky Entertainment and Ultimate On Demand as a package for £25. At this point, I was paying £8.99 directly to Netflix for the standard package, however moving this to Sky would cost me an extra £5 on my Sky bill but I wouldn't have to pay Netflix, so this presented a £3.99 saving which to me was a no brainer. And as I'm a multiscreen customer I'd get an upgrade to Netflix's premium package. So on the 30th October, I applied this offer making my Sky package as below...
    Sky Entertainment - £13 (£14 discount)
    Ultimate On Demand - £12
    Sky Sports - £14 (£14 discount)
    Sky Q Multiscreen Pack - £13

In November, Sky announced some new deals for Black Friday, I logged onto my account and look at my offers and it looked like I wasn't entitled to them. I thought I'd try my luck calling up on 2nd November expecting to be fobbed off as I'd only agreed to a new 18 month minimum term 3 days ago. To my surprise I was eligible! And as a result I applied additional offers to bring the cost of my services down further. My Sky package was then (and still is) as below...
    Sky Entertainment - £13 (£14 discount)
    Ultimate On Demand - £6 (£6 discount)
    Sky Sports - £13 (£15 discount)
    Sky Q Multiscreen Pack - £6.50 (£6.50 discount)

I've then got my broadband with BT (Superfast Fibre for £33.99) which includes BT Sport for "free". I then have BT Sport HD and BT Sport Second Box add ons free for 3 months, however everytime I call up to give 30 days notice, they extend the free period by another 3 months (I've done this three times now).

So play it smart and when you've agreed a deal, keep an eye on Sky's offers and ask them if your eligible to bring costs down further. The only downside of applying offers is the £10 administration fee but if the offers good enough it pays for itself. They've currently got the Sky Entertainment and Ultimate On Demand for £25 if this is something which brings your cost down or saves anyone else any money.

Good luck!
  • Ratinthekitchen
    Options
    Offers come and go I suppose but the most interesting takeaway from my conversation was

- new customer price 77
    - existing customer new contract 91

The first guy I spoke with couldn't do anything so he passed me to the "value team" whatever that means and he couldn't or wouldn't do anything either!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback