Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• NorthEasterner123
    Options
    Today I was offered £43 per month for...

£20 Entertainment
    £12 UoD
    £1 HD
    £10 Multiroom

Mentioning my UoD offer they dropped it to £34, however I believe I can get it down further by getting entertainment reduced to around £15.

My UoD offer on my account is £3 for 18 months until Jan 2021
  • mynameisrui
    Options
    Just gave my notice from my current sky +HD package as my offers were coming to an end. Was offered:

Entertainment: £20
    HD: £4
    Cinema: £5.50 ( continuation of Black Friday offer)
    Ultimate on demand: £3

Was also offered free sky q box 1TB and installation but had to pay £10 admin fee.

Will hold out to reduce entertainment and HD package but a good starting point
  • DavidWFC
    DavidWFC Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Today I was offered £43 per month for...

£20 Entertainment
    £12 UoD
    £1 HD
    £10 Multiroom

Mentioning my UoD offer they dropped it to £34, however I believe I can get it down further by getting entertainment reduced to around £15.

My UoD offer on my account is £3 for 18 months until Jan 2021

You could start by asking them if you can reduce it by applying the 25 Entertainment and Ultimate On Demand offer. This would reduce the cost to £36 with the breakdown below...
    £13 Entertainment
    £12 UoD
    £1 HD
    £10 Multiroom
  • ccdorset
    ccdorset Posts: 295 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was mid way through my contract with Sky, but had deals ending at different times. I thought with the Sky January Sale on, I might try my luck to renegotiate and get everything on a new contract. I've just accepted the following deal:

£14.20 Entertainment
    £3 Ultimate On Demand
    £8 Cinema
    £2.50 HD
    £13 Q Multiscreen Pack

£26 Superfast Broadband
    Free Line Rental
    Free Anytime Calls to UK Landlines and Mobiles

Total = £66.70

The Admin fee wasn't mentioned, but I can see on my future bill it has been charged and refunded.

I've got a Sky 2TB Box and 1 Sky Mini.

I was paying £68.20, so I'm happy that it is slightly cheaper, plus I get the Anytime Calls which I didn't have before and don't have different deals ending at different times. :-)
  • bobstheboy
    Options
    My TV contract finishes in May so I have just rang to negotiate a new contract. Rep at first said it couldn't be done whilst in contract, she then offered £9 a month off my current £74 a month. She wouldn't budge and said to ring back in April. Currently paying £74 a month for TV and looking at recent deals it should be around £45. Is there any point ringing next week and speak to someone else or would I be better waiting until I have a stronger position when my contract is expiring ?
  • Emmajane1987
    Options
    Hi I have been a member for nearly 6 years. I have been out of contract since august but with a new baby, I havent had a chance to look at cutting prices. And we really need to now

We currently have TV and telephone/internet package with sky SKY plus box and only used in one room.

I have just spoken to them over web chat and they have offered the below.

Entertainment £15.00 normally £27.00
    Kids £2.50 normally £5.00
    Box sets £2.50 normally £5.00
    HD £2.50 normally £5.00
    Sports £17.00 normally £34.00 (with Cinema)
    Cinema £11.00 normally £19.00
    Superfast/LR £27.00 normally £32.00
    Talk Evn& WK £2.50 normally £5.00
    Total £80.00 a month in a new 18 month contract. Plus a £20 admin fee.

I don' think his sounds very good and have asked to cancel but would you lovely experts give me your opinion. thank you for reading.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 13 January 2020 at 1:52PM
    Options
    Hi I have been a member for nearly 6 years. I have been out of contract since august but with a new baby, I havent had a chance to look at cutting prices. And we really need to now

We currently have TV and telephone/internet package with sky SKY plus box and only used in one room.

I have just spoken to them over web chat and they have offered the below.

Entertainment £15.00 normally £27.00
    Kids £2.50 normally £5.00
    Box sets £2.50 normally £5.00
    HD £2.50 normally £5.00
    Sports £17.00 normally £34.00 (with Cinema)
    Cinema £11.00 normally £19.00
    Superfast/LR £27.00 normally £32.00
    Talk Evn& WK £2.50 normally £5.00
    Total £80.00 a month in a new 18 month contract. Plus a £20 admin fee.

I don' think his sounds very good and have asked to cancel but would you lovely experts give me your opinion. thank you for reading.

You could probably knock the odd quid or two off different parts but that's not too bad a deal, it all depends on how much time & effort you want to put into it.

Refuse to pay the £20 admin fee though, it's pure price gouging.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    bobstheboy wrote: »
    My TV contract finishes in May so I have just rang to negotiate a new contract. Rep at first said it couldn't be done whilst in contract, she then offered £9 a month off my current £74 a month. She wouldn't budge and said to ring back in April. Currently paying £74 a month for TV and looking at recent deals it should be around £45. Is there any point ringing next week and speak to someone else or would I be better waiting until I have a stronger position when my contract is expiring ?

Your strongest position is when it's actually turned off, the next strongest would be within your cancellation period of the last 30 days (you do need to cancel obviously).
  • superbigal36
    superbigal36 Posts: 734 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 January 2020 at 3:11PM
    Options
    I'm due to start negotiating at the end of January.
    Is anyone aware of how Sky plan to integrate BT sport directly into their "Sport" package as opposed to it being completely separate just now.
    I believe it is due end of January so timing is perfect.
    I'm hoping it will just be added on for those that take Skysports complete pack but am doubtful.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 13 January 2020 at 5:50PM
    Options
    I'm due to start negotiating at the end of January.
    Is anyone aware of how Sky plan to integrate BT sport directly into their "Sport" package as opposed to it being completely separate just now.
    I believe it is due end of January so timing is perfect.
    I'm hoping it will just be added on for those that take Skysports complete pack but am doubtful.

Apparently (from another thread) you can already get it if you ask. It certainly won't be at the same price as you currently pay I would guess.

Edit: in Ireland Sky Sports is €40 a month, Sports Extra (which is BT Sports & Premier Sports) is €34. If you take Sky Sports @ €40 you can add Sports Extra at an additional €15 so €55 for all of the sports channels. They may have a promotional offer when it officially launches (29th of January I think).

2nd Edit: I got the above prices by going through the new customer route. The Sports packages are 31 day rolling contracts but in the FAQ's it says:-
    €15 a month for 6 Sports Extra offer with Sky Sports: New Sports Extra customers only. Sports Extra price after 6 months: €20 pm. €34 pm price applies if cancelling Sky Sports. Requires Sky TV on 12 month contract. HD compatible box required. Further terms apply.
    Sky Sports €25 a month for 6 months: Sky Sports €25 extra pm for 6 months, then standard price (currently €40 extra pm) unless you cancel giving at least 31 days’ notice.

So it's a bit confusing.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure