I Challenge You..save Money You Find On Street..1yr

Options

Comments

• cagneuk
    cagneuk Posts: 450 Forumite
    Options
    It's often been said by family and friends that I have an eye for money.

When I was 8 on holiday in spain, I found over 2000 pesetas in notes blowing around in the street. It was quickly confiscated by my parents of course but from then on I have always been quite lucky in finding money. Nothing that big since mind but the odd fiver or tenner and last New years day found £96.

Anyway to the point. as money is tight I decided to become a dfw. Someone suggested this challenge and since the 1st of July (three days) I've found £1.49.

Hope you don't mind me posting and joining your challenge. I'll start a finders keepers jar and all money found will be added to it until June 30th 2009.
    Would like to: Retire at 54. 19yrs .Clear mortgage by 50. 16yrs. Clear Secured debts by 43. 8yrs.Clear Unsecured debt by 39. 4yrs. Gain full control of my finances by 36. 1yr.Keep my head above water. Today.
    Dribble Diet: Starting weight(26/8): 18st 7lb:eek: current weight(08/11): 15st 11lb Ideal weight: 12st 7lb
  • POSSETTE
    POSSETTE Posts: 1,474 Forumite
    Options
    cagneuk...you sound like serious competition!!!
    id better get spotting more money!..found 5p at the dentists...was pouring with blood and swollen face but found strength to pick it up!!!
    TO FINISH LAST, FIRST YOU HAVE TO FINISH....
  • (Land_of)_Maz
    (Land_of)_Maz Posts: 11,738 Forumite
    Options
    03/06/08 - £1.28 on last update....

Found £1 in the changing cubicle at swwimming on friday, plus 5p on the street.

New total £2.33!! not exactly setting the heather on fire here!!!
    I'm just a seething mass of contradictions....
    (it's part of my charm!)
  • POSSETTE
    Options
    well Hi to all folks in Wales...we have been in Porthmadog for 10 days and found total of £1.21...i had come to a standstill at home..no money to be found...i did the scan of 2p machines in the amusement arcades and found 6p sat in trays just waiting for me!!...a small boy was doing similar near me but i beat him to to the money!!!
  • gillypen
    gillypen Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    long time no post my and the hubbles have been doing this from 1st jan and the money box we use is nearly half full
    he is great for finding things
    2.00 saving club £408 pound so far £250 cashed
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2 "The Return" #379
    saving for a house 0.2%
  • sparky0107
    sparky0107 Posts: 3,496 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Quick update,
    So far since April 1st "Road Change" total is £30.83, and Ive still got until 31st March 2009 until I cash it in and pay something off a debt
    Sparky0107 - Sealed pot challenge member #002. Total for SPC3 £1,030.57 Total For SPC 4 £2247.00 Total for SPC 5 £2574.62 :T Total for SPC 6 £4552.91:T
    :rotfl:LC2 & Jakes-Mum are off their heads :rotfl
    :j DEBT FREE AS OF 20/01/2012 :j
  • POSSETTE
    Options
    WOW SPARKY..You are doing really well, i havent counted any of mine yet but i think im in the £4 vicinity!!

Im coming to Liverpool on Fri, i will keep an eye out for money on street as it sounds like you all have money to chuck around up there!!!

If i see someone picking up 1p should i presume its you???
  • bathgatebuyer
    bathgatebuyer Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    Options
    I did find $10 at the Chinese Theatre on Hollywood Blvd - does that count?!
    Almost debt-free, but certainly even with the Banks!
  • POSSETTE
    Options
    bathgate....is it money you found?...yes
    was it on the pavement?...yes (well sidewalk if you going to be pedantic!)
    then it counts...start from that date and tell us in a year how much you ended up with..

5p outside tesco tonight!!!
  • POSSETTE
    Options
    i suppose this counts too as its not my money and i did find it..but not on roadside..i put 42p(correct amount) in machine for twix..(i know.they used to be flippin18p) ..and got 27p change drop out...excellent..will be trying it again tonight!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure