Feel at home with Three is TERRIBLE

Options

Comments

• boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I bought a data SIM with 1GB preloaded for £4.
    To use internet abroad on 3 payg you have to buy a bundle, cheapest bundle is £10.
  • virgo17
    virgo17 Posts: 955 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    boatman wrote: »
    To use internet abroad on 3 payg you have to buy a bundle, cheapest bundle is £10.

I am using 3 PAYG abroad in a 'Feel at Home' country at present. I added the 500 MB bundle which costs £5 and is valid for one month.

Also, if you top up your phone by £5 you get a free 150 MB data allowance, valid for 30 days. A little known fact is that Three see this as a bundle and it can be used in one of the 'Feel at Home' countries also. Albeit a small data allowance but useful for the odd email.
  • NiftyDigits
    NiftyDigits Posts: 10,459 Forumite
    Options
    boatman wrote: »

Seems that you grabbed the wrong end of the stick.

The preloaded 1GB is a bundle....and it wasn't £10, as aforementioned.
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ok, i was thinking calls and data, not just a data bundle.
  • inkiboo
    inkiboo Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think she was suggesting that she couldn't use another SIM for data, local or otherwise, because of the masses of people wanting to call directly to her 3 number whilst she was on holiday..

I'm a he and as I said, I have a sick father who would need to get hold of me. But in your eyes, that's not enough to justify my choice to have my UK mobile available when I am abroad.

You really are quite pathetic.
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
  • Peter_Kendrick
    Options
    If you dig deeply into the 'small print' you will find out about the 2 months rule when they will cut you off. I rarely use my 3 SIM, however, I would not even be able to use my inclusive minutes etc if I breached the 2 month rule. Carphone warehouse have the same sort off deal with their ID SIM called the Takeaway plan. They don't have the two month rule. I am leaving 3 and going there.
  • Peter_Kendrick
    Options
    If you dig deeply into the 'small print' you will find out about the 2 months rule when they will cut you off. I rarely use my 3 SIM, however, I would not even be able to use my inclusive minutes etc if I breached the 2 month rule. Carphone warehouse have the same sort off deal with their ID SIM called the Takeaway plan. They don't have the two month rule. I am leaving 3 and going there.

It turns out that the ID Chat rep lied to me. They have the same '2 month rule' as 3 so I will NOT be going to ID after all.
  • NiftyDigits
    Options
    inkiboo wrote: »
    I'm a he and as I said, I have a sick father who would need to get hold of me. But in your eyes, that's not enough to justify my choice to have my UK mobile available when I am abroad.

You really are quite pathetic.

Oh please....you really need to stop..
    Tempted to complain to Ofcom as well because the major reason I signed up was to use data abroad and with those speeds it's simply not possible

So not about your sick father being able to call you on a UK number??
    You doth protest too much.

My friends and family are intelligent enough to be able to call me on any number....if needs be
  • inkiboo
    inkiboo Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Once again I fed the troll. I knew it was a mistake to remove you from ignore, one I will not be making again.

Roll on June when I can leave this embarrassment for a network.
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
  • NiftyDigits
    Options
    inkiboo wrote: »
    Once again I fed the troll. I knew it was a mistake to remove you from ignore, one I will not be making again.

Roll on June when I can leave this embarrassment for a network.

There is only one embarrassment occurring here....and that is your desperation in trying to discourage people from the 3 network. You claim that you needed to be able to be called at any time by your poorly father. With 3 you could receive calls from the UK and call to the UK for free. Perfect.
    But here you are whining about slow Internet, claiming that free Data Roaming was the reason that you joined 3.
    You have just made yourself look like a petulant child.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure