Feel at home with Three is TERRIBLE

Options

Comments

• d123
    d123 Posts: 8,631 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I doubt either of you will be seeing the others viewpoint in your little tit for tat argument...
    ====
  • NiftyDigits
    NiftyDigits Posts: 10,459 Forumite
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    I doubt either of you will be seeing the others viewpoint in your little tit for tat argument...

I do see their viewpoint.. It's that of a petulant child.
    Roll on June when I can leave this embarrassment for a network.

This after one instance of using free Data Roaming in the USA.
  • Harald
    Harald Posts: 205 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can confirm there is extremely heavy traffic shaping when using Three sim at feel-at-home location.
    Have been tested it in Spain a month ago.
    3 different sim-s, 3 different devices
    2 pay monthly phone sim
    1 payg sim in MiFi devices
    Tested both spanish networks providing roamin with Three in spain
    No difference whatsoever.
    Small amounts of data using typical services working just fine or acceptable: e-mail, facebook, twitter, skype, short web browsing.
    Once you start browsing picture-heavy pages - it slowing down. Almost to zero.
    Same with facebook app - once you start browsing photos, it slows down.

VPN connection is totally unusable. You can establish connection, but is totally unusable, can't even access edge router settings

Skype video call is working with good quality though.

Same mifi device fitted with local sim (same network - Yoigo) is working perfectly.

Contacted Three via Facebook and they confirmed the traffic is shaped. Ooopsss.. sorry. They confirmed it's NOT shaped. They confirmed it's "managed" which obviously makes HUGE difference.

three.jpg
  • inkiboo
    inkiboo Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Exactly what I experienced.

I still find it amazing that people are defending Three.

They advertise a service as part of your monthly contract but fail to mention it is virtually usable. But apparently it's my fault for wanting to keep my mobile with my UK number and use a service Three offer!
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
  • NiftyDigits
    NiftyDigits Posts: 10,459 Forumite
    Options
    I used it in the USA without major issue. Proved to be excellent value. Of course it could be better, but since I didn't pay much for the privilege, I didn't mind. No drama necessary.
  • Harald
    Options
    inkiboo wrote: »
    Exactly what I experienced.

I still find it amazing that people are defending Three.

Yes, I'm still defending Three. Still as good as other networks. You're getting something for free, using it is not compulsory.

Not perfect, not bad. Probably worst thing for now is run for money - somebody has to pay for O2 takeover and they're raising prices. It's called "phasing out old tarrifs"
  • inkiboo
    inkiboo Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    But it's not for free, it's included as part of the service offer. That's a bit like saying receiving calls in the UK is free so you can't complain if it doesn't work as advertised.
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
  • Harald
    Options
    other offers without such extra are not cheaper - for me I can assume it's free
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If they advertise it, it needs to work, from my experience it was virtually un-usable.

It is a free add on, the purpose of it is to differentiate them from other providers. Many tariffs are of a similar price, so add ons almost certainly sway people, on the basis of avoiding having to pay for it with other networks.
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I used it in Spain and it was very good up to a point.

I started using it in my Mifi. After a couple of days they blocked me and said tethering was not permitted.

When I put the sim in my phone it worked well apart from the daily messages I got from them saying I should shut down my phone and restart it if I was not using Mifi. I assumed if I was using my Mifi I would not have got the message or any internet!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure