Feel at home with Three is TERRIBLE

Options

Comments

• NiftyDigits
    NiftyDigits Posts: 10,459 Forumite
    Options
    inkiboo wrote: »
    I'm a drama queen for complaining about a service that simply doesn't work as advertised? I've heard it all now.

As for a solution, I'd like to not be on Three. I also love how you say it is my fault; I saw a service advertised, signed up for 12 months assuming the service would actually work but when it doesn't it's my fault?

I can only assume you work for Three.

It seems you are apt to assume and to be wrong in your assumptions.

You signed up for twelve months for an untested service on an assumption and now you are stupidly assuming that I work for 3.

You are not covering yourself in glory here. I didn't make the same assumptions and so I'm not on here complaining.

You are just having a hissy fit because Feel At Home, a free service, didn't perform as well as you would like.

I too would have preferred a more speedy connection, but I was happy enough to have a connection at all. It allowed me to book cars and accommodation as soon as I landed. No need to search for free WiFi. On my return, no problems with utilising the remainder of the allowance in the UK.

You really need to get a grip on yourself. You are sounding a little flaky. Much ado about nothing.
    If they were charging a premium for the service, you might have a point. But they are not.

So...it's not a reason to avoid 3. I simply disagree with your rant. I'm not disagreeing that the performance can be mixed.
  • inkiboo
    inkiboo Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think it's time to stop feeding the troll.
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
  • NiftyDigits
    Options
    Forgive me for having friends and family who still want to speak to me when I am away and an elerdly father with heart problems. But no, I'm "eccentric" because people want to call me.

You are nuts.

My friends and family all reside in the twenty first century, that includes the elderly.
    Can chat and speak to them on Skype and via email...which comes directly to my phone.
    Younger ones use WhatsApp, Viber, LINE etc

But in your world, everyone has to call directly to your number. :) Good for you, as calls with 3 were free. Another positive for being with 3 in the USA.

You have the look of a person who just makes things up in order to try to get your way.
  • Frozen_up_north
    Options
    We are just back from a couple of weeks in Spain (Torrevieja area, relatives villa we have free use of) and as I've previously reported, the data rate is very variable. It appears to be site/conjestion related rather than the Spanish operators. Ordinary phone calls and SMS text messages seemed fine, as did coverage. iMessages (via 3G) were slow at times but got there eventually.

I tried manually selecting the network to see if Yoigo or Movistar had the better data rate, sadly they were both equally good or bad, depending on your location and the time of day. Previously Orange had been available but only Yoigo and Movistar seemed to be this time.

There are still plenty of bars where you can use their WiFi for free, and without needing to "register", so even if data use via the mobile network is slow in places, it's not the end of the world for most of us.

BTW, anyone needing mapping can use the Maps.me app and free very detailed mapping (shows trees and swimming pools in Spain), Maps.me pre-loads the maps for use off line, so no 3G data use while roaming.

Given that Three are guests on a foreign network and that we get to use it for "free", I really don't know why there is so much gripe and hype over it :beer:
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

I paid £4 for my 3 SIM and that 1GB covered me for the US Virgin isles, Puerto Rico and the mainland for a period of two weeks. Excellent value. I certainly didn't expect super speedy Internet.

How did you buy a '3' bundle to use abroad?
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Forgive me for having friends and family who still want to speak to me when I am away and an elerdly father with heart problems. But no, I'm "eccentric" because people want to call me.

You are nuts.

When I look at your first post on the thread, you are complaining only about data speed.

Are you also suggesting that incoming calls do not work?
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    Just a little add on..

Seems the main topic here is the data speeds....
    Can I assume that normal calls and texts work just fine

Ta
  • NiftyDigits
    Options
    redux wrote: »
    When I look at your first post on the thread, you are complaining only about data speed.

Are you also suggesting that incoming calls do not work?

I think she was suggesting that she couldn't use another SIM for data, local or otherwise, because of the masses of people wanting to call directly to her 3 number whilst she was on holiday..
  • NiftyDigits
    Options
    boatman wrote: »
    How did you buy a '3' bundle to use abroad?

I bought a data SIM with 1GB preloaded for £4.
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just a little add on..

Seems the main topic here is the data speeds....
    Can I assume that normal calls and texts work just fine

Ta
    Certainly the calls text were fine when i used it in Oz, but I found the same with the data, pretty useless, wanted to use google maps but it struggled, often timing out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure