Feel at home with Three is TERRIBLE

Options
123457»

Comments

• Exemplar
    Exemplar Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Another personal experience here, but one that is very interesting!!

I am on 3 and was in France last week (got back last night).

On Wednesday the internet speed on my phone was <1MB on Orange Fr
    On Thursday it was >12MB on Orange Fr

All tests carried out at same time/same place using same equipment.

Coincidence with the EU roaming?
    'Just because its on the internet don't believe it 100%'. Abraham Lincoln.

I have opinions, you have opinions. All of our opinions are valid whether they are based on fact or feeling. Respect other peoples opinions, stop forcing your opinions on other people and the world will be a happier place.
  • Petetobin
    Options
    Just came back from a week in Singapore and Three was completely unusable, now in California and again unusable. By unusable I mean can’t even Google something. Previous to that I have been in Europe over the summer and everything was perfect. Shaping, throttling, managing whatever you call it, it is of Three’s making. Reading this thread I found it disgraceful the way the poster was treated for pointing out facts. By the way in the past I have experience the same issues in the EU but post the EU law coming into effect this stopped.
  • Petetobin
    Options
    PS just moved the offending Three sim over to my iPad and bought a £5 Data Passport and it works perfectly. Before you say anything the iPad EE sim works fine in the iPad.
  • 3 at home - was recently in Iceland and USA and the service was unusable, not even quick enough for google maps.

A pointless service except for voice/sms but who uses voice/sms anymore?
  • welshtony
    Options
    I'm currently touring the NE US for a month and have had variable experiences with my 3 account. I'm currently in Bar Harbor, in Maine, and have no signal at all, voice or data, but have previously had good service in Belfast, Maine and most points in New Hampshire and Vermont. On occasion my data connection has been slow, but good enough for my needs, browsing, emails and maps.
  • Chr999
    Options
    I have been GoRoaming for a month in Switzerland Thats unlimited calls and metered data. So far my service has been suspended 5 times each time for making a call for less than 90 mins.
    Each time my service is suspended my phone signal goes to 'no service' so i am required to seek another internet source to contact three to reconnect my service. the chat takes an hour as i go through their system.
    Hopeless service. If you wish for a inconvenient and frustrating experience, here it is.
  • Roger1
    Roger1 Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm regularly in Switzerland and have no problems using Three roaming.
    Chr999 wrote: »
    I have been GoRoaming for a month in Switzerland Thats unlimited calls and metered data.
    No, that's not the offer. Check their fair use limitations.

Are you just calling the UK?

And a month for your temporary use? Methinks you may need a Swiss or other SIM.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure