Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• cbyoung007
    Options
    Good news, having pursued Ryanair for compensation via ADR in regards of a Cancelled flight on 15 September 2017 from Bratislava to Leeds Bradford, i have just received £1663.86 into my bank account.
    However they have paid me short, and owe me another £293.62 which ADR are chasing Up.
    Conclusion, Do Not Give up pursuing this Rubbish Airline
  • Moneysavermum
    Options
    Just in case this helps anyone - I did a bit of searching on the ADR website and found their scheme rules, which are pretty clear that when an airline withdraws from the scheme they are still obligated to abide by it until the existing cases are completed. In which case, there’s no reason for me to pursue Ryanair via the court route yet as ADR should still proceed with their process. My case is not related to the strikes/CAA process.

So I’ve submitted a complaint to ADR re the lack of response and not following their own timescales. My case has been at draft determination for over 6 weeks when after 2 weeks it should move to final determination.

I’m now hopeful that I’ll get somewhere via the ADR process but incredibly frustrated by the speed and constant chasing.
  • moneysavvystudent_2
    Options
    Hi all,

Interested in others experiences around the door opening time.

Was delayed by 3 hours, but it was clear the cabin crew were well drilled on the importance of the door opening times - one of the crew had their hand on the handle read for arrival before the engines were off and opened it ASAP.

I have a photo of the door still closed at scheduled arrival time + 3 hours, so should be ok, but it is a close thing and the door was opened soon after. When the door was opened, the steps weren't safely in place and the staff then still had to attach the safety guards etc, so it was several more minutes before we were free to disembark the plane. Aside from the compensation claim, this does raise a safety issue - yes the airline is key to avoid paying out, but surely safety is more important?

So - interested to hear other's experiences with RyanAir when the timing is this close. Do they try and argue it, given I have a photo? I have already had an email claiming 2hrs 52 mins, which is based on touch down time, so I'm expecting to have to fight to get what's due.

Many thanks in advance.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Regulars have frequently joked on here in the past that Ryanair would open the doors whilst the plane was still taxiing off the runaway to avoid a payout.
    Its no longer a joke.
    I think if it goes to court and you have made careful notes/evidence of the doors open before safe exit was actually possible, i think a judge may look on your case favourably...
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • moneysavvystudent_2
    Options
    Credit where credit’s due. No need to fight for this one - applied online and they have approved the claim without discussion. So anecdotally they may not push too hard when they know it’s close.
  • JPears
    Options
    Surprising. RA usually deny almost every claim.
    So well done.

• Moneysavermum
    Options
    Update on mine, finally progressed to final determination today 2 Months after receiving the draft determination. I have sent my bank details as requested, and now sit back and wait, and chase, and wait and chase I expect.

My experience of ADR has been... interesting. The determination states the wrong flight date and in places the wrong customer name (I mean absolutely not my name, not just a typo). They need chasing at every stage (many times) and their timescales are just wildly inaccurate. At this stage, I just want to get the compensation owed for a horrendous journey and never have to deal with a process like this again.
  • JPears
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you moneysavermum. I think a letter of complaint to both ADR and the CAA are required. CAA need to be made aware that the ADR system is rubbish, as they are responsible for handing over their responsibility to these quango schemes.

• alfa145
    alfa145 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    Seeing as everyone is posting updates, some positive:
    I lodged my case with the court on 30/10/2018 in Swords under the ESCP process and I received an update last week that there are still some 60 cases to be heard ahead of mine and that the court is very understaffed.
    They hope to be hiring an additional person in February to help deal with the back log.

This is after a failed Ryanair direct compensation & expense claim and an ADR claim for the strike action which happened in Spain at the end of September 2018. It's a long process...
  • JPears
    Options
    alfa145 wrote: »
    Seeing as everyone is posting updates, some positive:
    I lodged my case with the court on 30/10/2018 in Swords under the ESCP process and I received an update last week that there are still some 60 cases to be heard ahead of mine and that the court is very understaffed.
    They hope to be hiring an additional person in February to help deal with the back log.

This is after a failed Ryanair direct compensation & expense claim and an ADR claim for the strike action which happened in Spain at the end of September 2018. It's a long process...
    Its a ridculous process. 14 years on CAA really need to get on with stamping out this abuse of passengers and the law.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport