3 Retention Deals

Options
My contract with the Link on 3 comes to an end on 11 Feb. I served them the 30 days notice and have now been offered this tempting offer if I do not need a new handset

9 months at £15 + 3 months at £30 = £225 less £149.23 credit =£75.77 over the term averaging £6.32 a month.

This is for 500 xnet minutes and 100 texts per month

Has anybody been offered anything better from 3 ?

Comments

• mbamick
    mbamick Posts: 291 Forumite
    Options
    I saw a similar offer posted in this forum a couple of days ago, where the same deal, with no phone upgrade, was quoted as £76.00 mate. The other poster was hanging out for a call-back from 3, offering an improved deal.

I'm not sure whether the same Credit [£149.23] was applied; and the post didn't make it clear; but it strikes me as a great deal. My 400 mins + 250 txts contract is coming to an end on 3rd Feb 07, so I appreciate your timely post.

Mick
  • wadge
    wadge Posts: 140 Forumite
    Options
    I got offered the same as OP...going to take it. No point waiting. My wife has been offered a good deal on her O2 contract. Details in the O2 rentention thread.
  • rusty-london
    Options
    I've just wrote 3 a letter giving 30 days notice on my contract and hopefully they'll offer me the same deal.

Does these deals work on a cashback basis where you pay the £15 and £30 a month, or do you just pay the £6.32 per month?

Either way it's a pretty good deal!
  • dave49
    dave49 Posts: 70 Forumite
    Options
    I was offered a similar deal back in june - from one of their Indian call centres. They took the (full) money didn't send the phone or pay the credit! -bunch of cheats.
    Beware of their tempting deals - they refuse to put anything in writing or even send an e mail to confirm the offer.
    Took ages to cancell that 'deal'.
  • iwantitnow
    Options
    I decided to go for this offer. The conditions were well explained to me and I have been impressed with the improvement in quality of 3's customer services in recent months, so credit where credit is due. I feel much more confident dealing with them directly than taking a chance on cashback with a dealer
  • smaJ
    smaJ Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    hey,

ive read that some people hand in your 30 days notice and wait for 3 to contact you later with a "killer deal".

my question is does this actually work - do they actually get back to you??

i know i could go to another network and cashback deals etc but it is a lot of hassle and id rather stay with 3.

thanks in advance

James
  • Satellite_John
    Options
    Do you have to write them a letter, or will phoning up and asking for a porting code do the trick?
  • Satellite_John
    Options
    Does these deals work on a cashback basis where you pay the £15 and £30 a month, or do you just pay the £6.32 per month?

I would like to know this too. I suspect they send you a cheque for the credit, and then you have to pay the £15, and £30 a month.
  • iwantitnow
    Options
    I phoned them 30 days before my contract was due to end to cancel and they offered me a deal that worked out about £16 a month with a new phone. I told them I would think about it. The next day I phoned them and advised that I still wanted to cancel and requested a pac code. It was at this stage I was given the deal averaging £6.32 a month if i did not require a new handset.

The deal works as follows they credit my account with £149.23 on month one and then for the first 9 months they charge me half price rental @ £15 per month and the final 3 months I am charged £30 a month. So if I stick within my call limit I end up paying nothing from month 1 -9 as my credit fully covers this. On month 10 I am still £14.23 in credit so just pay £15.77 and on months 11 + 12 I pay £30 each month so I pay a total of £75.77 over the last 3 months but nothing for the first 9 months.

There are no cheques or cashback claims required.Hence the attraction of the deal.
  • iwantitnow
    Options
    Do you have to write them a letter, or will phoning up and asking for a porting code do the trick?

Just phone them up. Their customer services are much improved over recent months and easy to deal with.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure