Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Yay after a 5 hour delay from edinburgh with RA last week i just got an email saying they are going to deposit £448 for my husband and I. Well worth the 02:00 arrival.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mrs_lds wrote: »
    Yay after a 5 hour delay from edinburgh with RA last week i just got an email saying they are going to deposit £448 for my husband and I. Well worth the 02:00 arrival.

Well done, more good news from Ryanair.:T

Can you give us some basic info about your delay please.

Good luck:beer:
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • bergeroo
    Options
    Hi - is there an FAQ for claiming from Ryanair somewhere. I am a little confused as to what to do.

Our flight was cancelled last week because of strike action. The next flight wasn't for four days so we ended up getting a flight the next day from a different departure city.

So I am I now entitled to claim back my expenses AND the 250 euros each as per the EU regulations? Or does the 250 euros cover and include my expenses?

And do I have to do this in two separate claims?
    Or put it all in one claim either on the Ryanair form here - https://eu261expenseclaim.ryanair.com/
    Or via the resolver.

Thanks everyone and sorry if this is already answered somewhere.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It looks like a catch all claim for for both compensation and any expenses you incurred.
    What expenses did you incur?
    What are your flight details? Dates, times journey- original and rebooked.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • bergeroo
    Options
    We were flying from Kerry to Berlin on Wednesday evening. It was cancelled due to German Ryanair pilot strike.
    Ended up taking the Dublin to Berlin flight the following day

Expenses were travelling by coach from County Kerry to Dublin. Local buses in Dublin. Hotel in Dublin. Dinner in Dublin. Taxi to airport and breakfast. 125 euros each in total which was quite reasonable on our part I think as Dublin is mega expensive!
  • bergeroo
    Options
    ok I submitted my claim - let's see.

Have there been any cases of people receiving compensation for Ryanair staff strike action? Or are there any current legal cases ongoing?
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Started claim with Aviation ADR in Feb, claim went to the adjudicator in May, had a draft determination late July, still waiting for the final adjudication, complete joke!!
  • lilchick1984
    Options
    Hi, I had a 3 hour 15min delay on Monday from Valencia to Bristol. At the time I think they said because the previous flight was delayed, tried filling out their form for compensation, just had a response to say it’s denied because the issue was ATC so we cannot claim compensation.
    Does anyone know what to do next, can I check somewhere if the issue was ATC or do I just take their word for it and give up on the claim?
    Many thanks
  • TemmyTemjin
    TemmyTemjin Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 September 2018 at 2:52PM
    Options
    Hello,

Details:

- Flight FR1162. London Stansted -> Belfast International

- Took off on time 09:40

- Due to land at Belfast International at 11:05

- Arrived to Ireland but couldn't land due to high winds

- Forced to land at Liverpool at 11:45

- Stayed in plane, grounded at Liverpool. No access to terminal bulding allowed.

- Plane stayed here until 17:40 (5 hours, 55'ish minutes)

- No free refreshments, or meal vouchers were provided (but purchases were allowed)

- Plane landed at Belfast International at 18:16 (7 hours, 11 minutes overdue)

Is there a valid case here under EU261? If so, do you have any advice about pursuing?

Thanks.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Welcome.

Probably not as weather affecting your flight.

Any refreshment costs non alcohol after more than 2 hours delay should be re-imbursed by Ryanair, if you have receipts.

Please repost in Ryanair thread, not your own personal thread which makes navigating the board more difficult.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport