Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• Justice13075
    Options
    Reminds me of a song by Right Said Fred "Deeply Dippy"
  • hoovuspoovus
    Options
    I am deeply dippy, didn’t even realise I had done it! Doh!
  • Oasis1
    Oasis1 Posts: 712 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    Its a mixed bag with ADR. Your case goes before a legal trained and now, hopefully, regulation savvy person but we have seen the odd bizarre decision both for and against the claimant.
    Using the ADR doesn't stop you from using ESCP after, if the decision isn't in your favour.

There have also been issues with getting an airline to pay up after the ADR has found in favour of the client.
    On this occasion I think it may be sensible to use the ADR.
    Include as much information and evidence as possible. Whilst its not the same as going to the small claims court, the more evidence and information in your favour, the better. The adjudicator will probably do little actual researcch, just relying on information given by both sides. I believe you should have the opportunity to review information provided by RA?

So Ryanair haven't responded to my ADR claim by the 27 Aug deadline. I sent ADR a message 10 days ago about it, but haven't heard back yet.

Is it just a case of waiting this out?
  • FrugalMcdougal
    Options
    Morning all, just about to press go on a Brittany Ferry booking, wincing slightly at the cost - first school holidays trip abroad. Does anybody have a discount code they would be willing to share? Thank you!
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would call ADR to follow up. Keep badgering them otherwise nothing will happen.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    Hopefully the mods will move this thread to the right board, but in the meantime see this thread

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5879787
  • pocketslint
    Options
    Hi Y'all, I have just opened a claim for compensation via Resolver through MSE with Ryanair for a delayed (3 hrs+ ) flight back in April. Does the fact that my 2 sisters were on the same flight and received compensation from RA without quibble help my case, or are all claims treated on an individual basis?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You are treated on an individual basis in attempt to dissuade as many people as possible from receiving their rightful compensation. If push comes to shove you can get a signed statement from your sisters to submit as evidence at some point.
    If it goes to court, be sure to ask the court to request all claims from your flight that have settled or are in the court system.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • pocketslint
    Options
    Thanks for that JPears, I feel a lot more confident as a result.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback