Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• colinm
    colinm Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 30 August 2018 at 5:50PM
    Options
    So I just signed up to a free trial with FlightRadar with some interesting results!

The flight from STN-BGY (Milan) on 10th August landed in Milan on time at 16.51. That was on plane EI-FTT. No delays.

However, the plane I got back from BGY-STN was a different plane - EI-FZR which left at 21.59 instead of 18.30.

Looking at EI-FZR's history for that day, it did a Milan - Majorca flight landing on time at 18.41, and then Majorca - Milan landing on time at 21.00. So no delays there either.

So for some reason EI-FTT didn't make the return leg from Milan - STN - instead that went onto Chania and landed on time at 20.53.

SO...unless I'm missing something, there's no accounting for the 3 hour delay from Milan to Stansted on any of either plane's schedules - something just went wrong in Milan causing them to switch planes and make us wait for the Majorca flight to come and get us.

Any thoughts? Certainly thunderstorms as given by Ryanair is a complete and total lie so I want to challenge them!
  • colinm
    Options
    Additional - because of the strikes in multiple countries that day, my best guess is their schedule went to pot.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sounds like it is worth pursuing further, perhaps through an AviationADR complaint. At least it will force Ryanair to be more specific about the cause of the delay.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just because a plane arrives from Stanstead doesn't mean it will go back to Stansted. easyJet and Ryanair often send their aircraft on circuitous routes, not just back and forward like Jet2
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • colinm
    Options
    Yes I guessed that probably isn’t uncommon - and another reason why their excuse that bad weather in STN wasn’t the cause of the delay.
  • nicenswift
    Options
    Hi,

My flight to Lanzarote from Leeds Bradford a few weeks back was delayed and landed 3.5 hours later than scheduled.

The air steward said that this was down to a technical fault with the plane.

I am going to claim compensation but was unsure which site to use as I have been told that some are fake and charge you.

I have found this one

https://eu261compensationclaims.ryanair.com/

is this the correct site for a Ryanair claim.

Many thanks for your time and advice.
  • MiraculousM
    Options
    Yes. I was a bit suspicious but it is the link that i was forwarded to on the actual ryanair site.

Please be aware that i made my claim and have just been told that because of Air Traffic control strikes, i will have to wait to get a reply as to whether or not i will even get it.
  • nicenswift
    Options
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why aren't you just searching for the claim form on the Ryanair website...?

https://eu261compensationclaims.ryanair.com/
    appears to be the correct one, unless ryanair's website has been hacked.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • hoovuspoovus
    Options
    I wonder if anyone can help. I am trying to find out the official landing time of Ryan Air Flight FR272 from Dublin to Stansted on 18/07/18, scheduled take off 20:20, scheduled landing 21:40. The flight was delayed by over 3 hours, landing at Stansted at approximately 00:50 but I cannot find a stats checker to confirm this.

I submitted a claim in to Ryan Air on 13/08, and was told they would respond in 10 days, but I haven't heard anything. I now seem unable to do a historical check of official landing time using flight stats or other checker as I guess I have now left it too late - I would like to be armed with exact info before tackling Ryan air. I have tried Bott & Co, but get the "cannot use third parties" message.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback