MSE News: TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade

Options

Comments

• wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I cancelled a direct debit, they still allowed the company to take it - I didnt have enough money in (as I have moved it all out due to problems) and I got charged. I called up, asked why there was no text advising me to put money, she said they are not working at the moment. I explained irrelevant of that the direct debit was cancelled.

She gave me the charge back but now I have to argue with the other company to give me their charge back (I paid the payment online using debit card and they have still charged me).

I am now on my 7th email (without response (after responding to my first one) to Pest - he just ignoring me now!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Still no credit card showing.
    Still no CC reward for this month.
    It just goes on & on.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My 1% cashback has been paid but the value isn't correct, so will need to contact and follow up.
  • Wellard_Mann
    Wellard_Mann Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I left TSB a couple of weeks ago, as I lost confidence in their ability to fix the current situation in any reasonable time frame. I was fortunate enough to be able to access my savings account through the phone app for long enough to be able to transfer the funds to my current account and thence to another bank. I left £1 + change in the current account and switched that successfully last week.

I daresay TSB will fix this eventually, albeit with a massive reputational hit. However, banking is based on confidence and I no longer have any confidence in their management processes or IT expertise. 5% p.a. on £1,500 doesn't really do it for me. I haven't suffered any loss and am not seeking any "compensation", though I hope those who have incurred genuine losses are appropriately compensated.

I count myself fortunate in that TSB was not my primary account and that I was able to exit without hassle or loss.
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    wizzywig27 wrote: »
    I cancelled a direct debit, they still allowed the company to take it - I didnt have enough money in (as I have moved it all out due to problems) and I got charged. I called up, asked why there was no text advising me to put money, she said they are not working at the moment. I explained irrelevant of that the direct debit was cancelled.

She gave me the charge back but now I have to argue with the other company to give me their charge back (I paid the payment online using debit card and they have still charged me).

I am now on my 7th email (without response (after responding to my first one) to Pest - he just ignoring me now!

How long was the gap between you cancelling the DD and it being paid? They are claimed in advance of the payment date.
  • tsb
    tsb Posts: 318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    SuiDreams wrote: »
    My 1% cashback has been paid but the value isn't correct, so will need to contact and follow up.

I have just come on to check whether anyone else has posted about this. My calculation appears to be missing cashback on transactions dated before the planned outage.
  • AirlieBird
    AirlieBird Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Options
    tsb wrote: »
    I have just come on to check whether anyone else has posted about this. My calculation appears to be missing cashback on transactions dated before the planned outage.

It is being discussed on the credit card board
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74298801#post74298801
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
  • wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    How long was the gap between you cancelling the DD and it being paid? They are claimed in advance of the payment date.

Admittedly it was the day before (cancelled Sunday, taken Monday), my point was that they should have warned me when I cancelled it that it might still be taken. Another point I made was that if their text message service was working (they advised it wasnt) - it would then of at least provided me with the opportunity to put the money in and avoid charges
  • pochisoldi
    pochisoldi Posts: 261 Forumite
    Options
    tsb wrote: »

My calculation shows that the cashback is for transactions in the period between when I should have received my last statement and the 16th of May.
    (71p)

What I should have been paid was for transactions posted between April 1st and April 30th. (£5).

So they've now created a cockup on a cockup. They would have been better off paying April's money a month later, and May's money on time (late but correct), but now they have to work out a fix that works, work out a way of unravelling the fix that didn't work, then merge the two together and then hope that it works. And this now has to happen when people should be working on getting statements working, and text alerts fixed.

Whoever's responsible for project risk assessments at TSB needs shooting before they cause any more damage.
  • tsb
    tsb Posts: 318 Forumite
    Options
    AirlieBird wrote: »

Thanks for that. I've posted on there as well.

At the very least, I feel comfort to know it is not just me!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure