We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You must be jiggered Lucielle.

Excellent news with the re-marking.

Hope that the opposition is okay & all sorts itself out.

Have a lovely bath.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    lucielle wrote: »

In other most excellent news DS2 has had his remark back and he's got his C. He has decided against 6th form and will be going to the college. We have a meeting on Thursday.
    L

Excellent! He's able to make the choice on his terms, which is always so much better. :T

Sorry to hear there are turf wars in your business. I think a bit of healthy competition benefits everyone.

I'm not in favour of unhealthy competition though: remember going to shows where some entrepreneur would ship over a load of end-of-season stuff from Holland, pile it high and ruin our day. We stopped doing the big horse/dog/younameit -type shows because of that. :(

The cold nights are what's freaking me out now, with a half-finished central heating system and no insulation above. I've given up hope of changing the wood burner till next year, so it's a case of re-furb the door on the one we have for the time being. At least we have a huge stack of logs all ready to go. :D

I'm not really complaining big-time, choille. I understand the way things work here with the sort of tradespeople we're using, who are competent, but not charging big money. We either do things their way, or.... err....do things their way! Choice? Whassat? :rotfl:

DD2 is back in Bristol today, still trying to find a place to rent. I think we will be moving her out in two weeks, so things are getting tight! :eek:
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    Morning all

Hope the meeting goes well luceille re oh..

Davesnave, I am panicking too re fitting and doing the cooker and heating..as we got about another 2 weeks of clearing my vintage stuff out of the currents units, downsizing to a unit 10 the of the size, so we are really cramming it in lol. After that then hubby will have a bit of time to do things before tryi g to find some sort of work, while I eBay and do auctions etc..

So tough times ahead. ..

Even though the sun is out and its going to be a nice day ( typical kids go back to school today) you can feel the nip in the air...

Hope DD finds a place to rent...
    Work to live= not live to work
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    hi all..
    you all seem to be close to the finishing line re heating/barfrooms/kitchins etc

yesterday I bought new shower unit and rang plumber .. he turned up this morning only to ring me at work to say the one I bought was a power shower and the one in situ is just a mixer one :mad: it never dawned on me ! as it looked like a power one :o
    so tonight I changed the shower unit and await return of plumber:o
    although I do have to find the isolater tap for the water to there :cool: where this was 2 houses into one its a bit of a maze of pipe work... I will contact the other plumber who fixed the pipes [very complicated !] to see where he turned things off.
    this plumber went into the roof and looked every where but no joy... probably somewhere really simple/stupid !!

hows lola CTC ?

I just accepted quote for field shelter and he said it will be here October 2nd :D

ive also just won on the bay a big old antique armchair :j its sort of kernackered looking but that's perfect for me ;)
    im after a dog free seat in the lounge :D

weather has held off today, quite warm but cold at night and ive LIT THE FIRE :eek: im saying its for mums benefit but ......
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    $_57.JPG
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    Now that looks comfy lol....

Lola is a little monster, and we love her to bits... We were def ready to have another dog, 3 years since rocky went....she is tiny but with a big attitude...so in the next few weeks once the toilet training is going well, then some ground rules etc will start...
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    Now that looks comfy lol....

Lola is a little monster, and we love her to bits... We were def ready to have another dog, 3 years since rocky went....she is tiny but with a big attitude...so in the next few weeks once the toilet training is going well, then some ground rules etc will start...

yeah yeah :rotfl:
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    I know, famous last words lol

Fk how are you doing??? Been a bit worried, need to sort out the catch up over a cuppa soon
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    IMG_20150902_224815_zpswlzmzovt.jpg

Snoozing on my lap
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lovely chair Alfie - very comfy looking.

Lovely Lola -very comfy looking.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure