What small DFW things will you do this week? W/C 12th August

Options

Comments

• YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Morning all

Hi LemonTree. Well.. have just rejigged my spreadsheets and following a couple of unexpected bills I have £33 in the bank and £50 cash left after all the bills are paid and allowing for food and diesel. I also have some study allowance to be paid for July but cant remember how much, think its only £40/£50 so possibly £130 for the rest of the month but thats for 2 weeks so more than enough.

Hoping my study allowance for this month will pay for most of the things DS2 needs for Uni, but I am not going to go mad, the lists of what some people take are ridiculous. He is moving to a big city so there are shops, and having just helped DS1 buy what he needed when he moved into shared accommodation I have a fair idea what he needs.

Right, sorry for the rambling, family BBQ later, going to get out of pjs and get a shower, everyone else still in bed.
  • ditty1234
    ditty1234 Posts: 2,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Did culture - open studios visit for £2 for teas and - 'not picking up ds from sleepover party' for £5 (train ticket).
    So while not a NSD day definitely below average.
    Meadow hour - done
    Longish run - done
    Doggy walk - done
    Decoupage bin - in progress
    Room sorting - in progress
    B/L/D from stores and leftovers.
    Happy Saturday.
    LBM Jan 2019 - £25.928/Active debt £14253, 54% sorted
    Housing fund Jan 2024 £2000/6000 36%
    EF Jan 2024 £0/1000 0% Emergency fund is for worn out things like vacuum cleaner, dish washer, and washing machine.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Today I have mostly stayed in and switched between housework, crochet and tv. I can't believe how productive I've been, but I've washed curtains and blinds and scrubbed floors. I'm sure that will be it for the next couple of years though :rotfl:
    Small spend at L1dl - ds and I walked there and back for a bit of exercise and a couple of ingredients for cooking bits.
    I have at least 5 WIP on the crochet front. No starting anything new until I've finished with those. That's for definite :D:p:p:p
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 August 2019 at 10:17PM
    Options
    Hi All

Had a lovely low spend day - we spent the day at Countryfile Live at Castle Howard as managed to win 4 x tickets and then managed free parking - very muddy but also warm and dry, lots of walking and am shattered now.

Catch you all tomorrow, night all

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 18 August 2019 at 4:13PM
    Options
    Morning folks

Lovely catching up on all your news. I'm a bit so-so at the minute. We did have a nice weekend in many ways but I feel like I'm still struggling with my health. It's taking me a while to get going in the mornings and I keep hitting sleepy pockets and feeling queasy. I seem to be sniffing a bit too (OH also snorking). Plus I have my period on top so am in quite a bit of pain. Topped it all off yesterday but having some horrendous anxiety attacks (still feeling a bit fragile now). I'm feeling really stressed about money at the moment (although there's no real need to be as such). And just generally feeling guilty about so much.

Sorry for all the whining. Am def feeling a bit sorry for myself. I might just be tired still.

Today's small things:
    :heartpuls B/L/D from stores
    :heartpuls Bring coat and door mats in from washing line. Try to fix small mat that unravelled
    :heartpuls Print out crochet pattern at work - done
    :heartpuls Charge phone in work - done
    :heartpuls Nip to B and M at lunch to pick some bits up cheaper (TGel, 9V batteries) - done
    :heartpuls See if OH fancies looking for some blackberries after work - he does
    :heartpuls Emailed app developers with a problem - done
    :heartpuls No alcohol
    :heartpuls Look for a particular recipe online as want to check if I have everything at home - done. Should be fine
    :heartpuls Using reusable sanitary protection - done
    :heartpuls Try to be calm and breathe

Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • ditty1234
    ditty1234 Posts: 2,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 18 August 2019 at 11:44PM
    Options
    Today:
    Skip run- done
    Swim - done
    Weeding front for an hour -
    Shop using list - spent £10 less than my worst case scenario -
    Got half a tank of diesel - should be more than enough for the week.
    Make crumble (cake was promised days ago) - Finally made crumble but then ds is still working - so he'll have to eat it tomorrow. Uni son is coming home Tuesday evening that will be nice. The double bass is still on his bed though, so I don't know where he'll sleep. Apparently his dad wants to get the bass refurbished, and use it so that is good.
    Chicken thighs in slow cooker - mainly for tomorrow - done
    Colour hair - nope
    Ebay some stuff ( have given up on FB, although I might have sold a pair of shoes?- No but re-listed fb posts and have 2 messages.

I think thats about it, no wait couch time - I'm going back to work tomorrow!

Oh and I actually completed my decoupage laundry powder paper bun, and it's looking good. Used images from old encyclopaedia I have been waiting to get rid of for ages, and now it has a legacy - it can go.
    LBM Jan 2019 - £25.928/Active debt £14253, 54% sorted
    Housing fund Jan 2024 £2000/6000 36%
    EF Jan 2024 £0/1000 0% Emergency fund is for worn out things like vacuum cleaner, dish washer, and washing machine.
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ally - That's great about your wife selling her camera stuff!! :T My hubby did too, but ended up just swapping it/putting it towards another lens!!

She has now reinvested half of it in a new lens. :D But it's still progress.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • allydowd
    Options
    I seem to be sniffing a bit too (OH also snorking).

I read that as 'snorkeling'. :rotfl::rotfl:
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • allydowd
    edited 12 October 2019 at 9:06AM
    Options
    Hi August Austerity-Fans,

W.e.e.k.e.n.d. Just recovering from nightshift with a blanket and some Shop Well For Less.

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Five:

* Check online banking. Done.

* Continue my Challenge 500 miles challenge to travel 500 miles for free before the end of 2019: walking, hiking, climbing, cycling, running and swimming. I'm up to 317/500. Not today! Exhausted!

* I give someone a free lift to work. I made it absolutely clear I could be paid in the occasional jam donut or two. Kind man gave me a bottle of my favourite alcohol. How kind. Will consume very slowly. Seal is [STRIKE]still intact...for now[/STRIKE] broken!

* Broadband contract ends soon and monthly price will double. Took advantage of a special offer: 18 months locked in to the same price I'm paying now but on faster broadband.

* Alarm clock off at the wall til later. Done.

* Withdraw £8 cashback from TCB and my company's cashback scheme. Done.

* Deleted 40GB of cr*p off my Macbook. Done. No need to buy more storage.

“Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.”
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,586 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ally glad to hear your colleague appreciates the lifts.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business