What small DFW things will you do w/c 12th November?

Options

Comments

• determined_new_ms
    Options
    all this talk of f&c has me salivating (despite not being hungry at all! :o )

Not much to report with a 12 hour shift.... Ate food from stores, which while delish was not the lovely smelling f&cs my colleague got from the canteen - I suppose that's an extra £4.50 in my purse....

Ate tons of free chocs that were bought in :o

came home and I was feeling a bit low - dd's mood is slipping which is always a worry for me - so decided to put the lamb stew I was supposed to make yesterday in the pc and tidied up the kitchen. Weirdly it made me feel a little brighter to do it

still need to grab my food together for tomorrow...

Going to read my book, have a glass of wine and relax for a bit before heading off to bed....
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Morning frugal pals :hello:

It's Saturday :j:j boo to those that have to work, mr PF is doing overtime today, which help the coffers :T

My list today:
    Do a new freezer inventory and meal plan from it
    Sort out at least one box of toys - ideally one of my washing baskets that has ended up with toys in :o
    Quick tidy round
    Move some money to the right pots for some presents and clothes I bought
    Meals from stores
    Smalls to prepaid paid dancing
    One small to a party, gift from stash
    Make a cake/biscuits to avoid being tempted by a cafe trip later
    Peg washing out

Have a great day everyone. Purps.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Morning all :hello:
    Just a quick one from me as I'm quite busy this weekend. Desperately trying to crochet a blanket in a very short space of time.
    DNMS - hope dd is ok, and I hope that you're ok as well :kiss:
    I need to do some grocery shopping at some point this weekend, but don't think I can be bothered with it before I go tutoring this morning. I might do it on the way home later. Other than that - crochet like mad.
  • natlie
    natlie Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

Last night was nice, went to see xmas lights, journey was a bit stressful but we didn't spend any money on any expensive food/craft stuffs.

On the way home we shared a bag of chips - I blame you lot lol

I have almost finished xmas shopping need to make a list/price list of what i have left to buy - its stressing me out today so at least if I have a list I will know where I am with my budget

going to hunt out things to sell on eBay today and might do a bit more painting - was hoping to get all my painting done before xmas but its soooo boring

I've been asked to do a craft fair Friday lunchtime so going to be making lots of jars of mincemeat, xmas puds and cake and some vegan fudge

Got loads of laundry to do
    Heating has been on just to take the edge off the cold

Lunch and dinner will be whatever I can find on the house

Have a good day all

Nat
    DMP: £30,668 £3,364.02 DFD July 2024
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all :)
    Grrr, just had a very frustrating phone call with O2 :mad: I bought a new phone back in August as my (very) old one was on its last legs, and opted to continue with a pay monthly sim only contract, all fine. Opted against insuring the device, and this is clearly stated on the receipt. Looked at my bill the other day and I am being charged for insurance :mad: Not sure why I haven't noticed before, perhaps because some months I have bought extra data and assumed the additional costs were for that. Phoned to complain, was passed between 3 nice Indian ladies and a nice Northern lady, and was then cut off. I THINK that the insurance has been cancelled and a refund issued to my account, but haven't managed to get this confirmed due to having been cut off before speaking to another person (confused yet? I was!) Anyway, I will need to wait to see what is on my next bill. Hope I don't have to go through the whole rigmarole again :mad: So check your mobile bill folks, for add ons that you might not know you have, as it strikes me that this is potentially a nice little earner for the mobile companies if they do it to unsuspecting customers who don't notice. I would never have claimed on this insurance, as I didn't know I had it, having opted out and having this clarified in writing :eek:

Anyway, enough moaning - slow start this morning due to lack of sleep, but today I have / will:
    Transferred food from old, small freezer to new, shiny big freezer - ooh, I have lots of space now :j
    Wiped out old freezer which is going to my brother

Walk down to Savers in a minute for more cold pills / throat sweets etc, as I definitely have the lurgy :(

Make mincemeat and Christmas puddings with DD2 and kids later
    Scrub sticky kitchen after :rotfl:
    All food from home, salmon tonight for dinner :)
    Sort out RM surveys stuff for next week
    Check banks, direct debits etc, VERY carefully!
    May well light the stove later as it is cold today :eek:
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Afternoon everyone

Just when I get back working, my health hits again-partly Bec I haven't had the surgery I need due to funding politics even I'm getting bored of it all now but an official complaint will be on the way and my poor GP :( trying to keep me going.

But have been keeping the faith
    Banking has been checked closely. Had an item cancelled by Boots and needed to double check that I hadn't been charged for it
    Items on eBay have sold and posted this week. Have another item with bids on it

DawnW that frustrates me when phone companies do that. I've always paid for DD phone but she is now old enough to get her own contract and is looking at something cheaper but I'm dreading ringing up the phone company to say their services are no longer needed

Have some items I have donated to a charity auction. These will need to be packaged up to be sent next week, but all helps with decluttering and raises funds for a good cause
    I am now happy that I am back on the RM survey, stamps will come in very handy for Christmas and sending the charity items out.
    Have also been trying to get any wine boxes I can for parcels. It really is right place right time-they fly out
    Washing out on the line, it's really mild at the minute with a beautiful autumn sun
    Have picked up selection boxes while they are cheap for a community group I am involved with. Slowly wrapping them with paper picked up in the sales last year.

After reading the thread I nearly had f+c last night but resisted, made at home instead

That's about it from me, more cat cleaning to do, quick tidy around and then back on bed rest-very tedious as I'm a fidget pants!!!!!!
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    Afternoon folks

Big hugs to those who are poorly/low

Rubbish list as am on phone

*l/d from stores
    *shopping - only what was on list
    *batch cook inc massive spag bol bulked out with lentils. 1kg mince does 20 big portions this way
    *knit sock. Am well onto the foot now
    *heating off as is lovely and warm
    *washing outside
    *start applying frosting to window later. Much to the relief of my neighbour

Have a good one all

Clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you are struggling with your health HK. Hope all is sorted soon with your surgery - what a ridiculous situation - I thought we were supposed to have a NATIONAL health service :mad:
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Pleased to report that I managed everything on my list yesterday. Including sorting out all of the dining room, including the toy boxes :j:j the washing basket also got emptied but I then refilled it as I explored (:o) under the smalls bed and I was running out of day. That will be on today's list though. A batch of dawns scones (as they shall forever be known in our house) meant cafe trip was swerved :T

Today will be:

Some hm sourdough toast for breakfast - got from freezer when I made inventory
    Meals from stores, will include a roast for tea
    Review recipes on a website that I found in the magazine I got with my special cookpot. There are hundreds of fab ones on there. May cook a winter frangipane for pudding post roast as I have all the ingredients
    Vacuum as didn't get round to this yesterday, albeit managed to sweep through
    Order some Sausages online, for a super deal from a good quality provider :T
    Sort through washing basket of toys for a second time
    Start a charity shop bag
    Do packed lunches for tomorrow

Have a good day folks.
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 19 November 2018 at 9:27AM
    Options
    Morning all!

Big hugs to all that need them xx

Am now down to the toe on the sock after a bumper session last night. Also laid outside in the dark for an hour watching for shooting stars as it was the peak of the leonid meteor shower. I only saw one but it was nice looking at the stars.

Today's mission:
    • B/L/D from stores. Cooked pork for dinner has gotten freezer burnt. If looks too bad I will mince it up and turn it into rissoles or something - done. Pork was fine.
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • No alcohol - has to be done as I've taken my anti-vertigo medication
    • Walk at lunchtime - done
    • No sugary treats. this is getting silly and I'm sure my jeans felt a tad snug today. - done
    • Finish sock? At least get to end of toe - done
    • Did not get round to putting frosting on window or painting it so may hang a curtain to give the neighbours some privacy. Due to the layout of the houses, we can see into their living room from the kitchen window
    • Get OH to bring the washing in - done
    • Reconcile budget sheet - done
    • Heating off - done
    • Divide up giant spag bol and freeze. Also freeze black beans cooked in SC. Need to do some freezer tetris. Large amounts of courgette in freezer becoming an issue. - done
    • Received £3.50 expenses from work. Do not see why I should be paying for my own work diary when it is essential to what I do. - done
    • Order step-nephew's Christmas voucher - done
    • Ordered niece's Christmas present online after finding one for the right price - done
    Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing