What small DFW things will you do w/c 12th November?

Options

Comments

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,447 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 November 2018 at 9:50PM
    Options
    Evening all :)
    Welcome to Thick n Thin :)
    Busy day, went for a blood test at the surgery first thing, and then to market in next town. Bought very little, one item from the market to sell on, and a couple of tealight holders and a book from a charity shop which cost 88p for all 3 items. We did have breakfast out, as my blood test was a fasting one and I was starving. Just had coffee and a pastry though, so didn't spend too much on this. Won't be making a habit of it, as what I really wanted was my usual porridge and fruit.
    Did a small shop at Aldi, I wll need to go to Mr S tomorrow to get the one or two items I couldn't get in Aldi (items for Christmas puddings and mincemeat which DD wants to make on Saturday), but nothing else needed for now :)
    Ordered a few items from L@keland, one is a Christmas gift, the other items are boring things like a new peeler to replace my current one which keeps getting stuck with the blade the wrong way round, and a long handled dustpan and brush.
    Pulled out small freezer which is hopefully being replaced tomorrow, and cleaned underneath it :eek: Left the space empty, and the little freezer to one side still plugged in (as it is full)
    Cleaned bathroom
    Tidied loft conversion bedroom as there were toys all over the floor
    Put some of my packaging stuff away in the garage / loft cupboard as I am being spectactacularly lazy about ebaying atm :o
    Bit of dusting
    Used up a free sample of a tuna pasta bake sauce mix that I received from a survey site ages ago. Can't say it is something I would ever bother to buy, but I have used it up :)
    Received 2 x £5 Amazon gift cards from a survey site :)
    Did RM surveys stuff
    Recorded all spends in spending diary, spreadsheet, business account book as appropriate. Also recording spends for a survey atm.
    Heating is on for a while in the mornings / evenings (though on thermostat set quite low so it doesn't actually come on much iyswim). It is quite warm at the moment, and we aren't lighting the stove.

Not sure how much of this is money saving, more money spending going on today! :o
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

A short list before I get on with my jobs, whilst enjoying a coffee:

Washed hair and body with shampoo/soap bar. I've noticed since using the shampoo bar I've been able to go longer between washing my hair without it looking awful. This week it was 5 days and I probably could have got away with it today if I tied my hair back :T
    Leftover chickpea and squash curry for lunch from freezer
    Small having a portion of crumble for lunch I found in freezer in her lunchbox, plus hm pesto
    Check banking
    Order some toilet roll using MOC
    Sew some badges on tonight, sew two pairs of gloves at the same time that the fingers have warm through
    Load of washing on quick to maximise cheap leccy
    Something out of freezer for tea
    Quick tidy round to keep on top of things so I don't have to do too much this weekend
    Only boiled enough water for what I needed this morning - thanks Foxgloves for the reminder

Have a good day everyone. Purps.
  • natlie
    natlie Posts: 1,688 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All

Welcome T&T

Yesterday was good £140 paid for buffet, and a new booking for the end of the month. Picked up some Poundland Xmas pressies - also found some vegan After Eight dupes

After tea - with a surprise guest - DDs friend we went into the city centre to see the xmas lights and street theatre - we spend no money and DS was chuffed to see Santa and have a photo, tonight we are going much further away to see xmas lights back to visit family - those annual visit types, that may involve drinks costs or some xmas pressie buying as its a lush market town and all the independent shops open late

Did a fridge audit this morning - one tub of fermenting salsa put in the food bin, nothing to freeze all looked ok

Im off to a meeting now and them home for lunch, might get a Costa with my costs card points - treat!

Hope everyone has a good day

Nat
    x
    DMP: £30,668 £3,364.02 DFD July 2024
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 16 November 2018 at 7:14PM
    Options
    Morning folks!

I got a really good chunk of stuff done yesterday and we still had time for a walk and a drive. It was supposed to be hm pizza for tea yesterday but both of us were suddenly struck by a strong desire for fish and chips. Not sure why as this has never occurred before in the 12 years we've been together so we decided to treat ourselves. We shared 1 portion of chips and 1 portion of mushy peas between us (good job too as they were huge!) and very much enjoyed it.

After the gorgeous sunny weather yesterday, we're back to earth with a bump today as it's grey (although mild). Having said that, I'm feeling pretty decent today. Still coughing a bit but def on the mend. Also feeling pretty decent in myself, which is a pleasant sensation in itself.

Today's mission:
    • B/L/D from stores (hm pizza hooray!) - done
    • Heating off still as it's mild - done
    • Bit more sealant in the step if it's going to stay dry - done. It's not setting very quickly though
    • Meal plan and shop - tomorrow
    • Tidy round - why does this place always look a mess when there's only 2 of us and we are both tidy?! - done
    • Scabble in shed to find tin of white gloss - found paint, brush, sandpaper and brush cleaner. Win!
    • If gloss found, paint kitchen window - caulked the edges instead
    • Perhaps bake some apple muffins - done
    • Patch the trousers :o- DONE!
    • Currently knitting sock. Have turned the heel and picked up the gusset - my most hated bit.
    Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • browneyed_girl
    Options
    S’up Team Small Things?! :wave:

BIG welcome to Thick n Thin!

Hoping for a somewhat chilled day as MIL is picking DDs up from school and taking them home for a sleepover. They always love going to stay - FIL has built them a swing set and sandpit and is now working on a treehouse :)

Not planning much today other than lots of housework, but if I had to list today’s money-saving...

1. Top-up shop for the weekend - will easily be under budget for the week as still have £57 to spend, but probably less than £15 worth of items to get.

2. Coupon app to get cashback on groceries. Will amount to £2.70 if all the items I want are available.

3. Upload week’s receipts to receipt app.

4. DH’s tips from last night to be added to sealed pot.

5. Wrap a few more Xmas presents. These ones need to be posted, so will be using up some of the packaging that I’ve managed to acquire from numerous deliveries.

Not a huge amount, but at least I won’t be spending much :A

Enjoy Friday everyone! :beer:
    Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship.
    Debt at highest = £62,842.59 (Dec 2018) - now £44,611.39 (Oct 2021)
    Emergency fund £268.63 / £1000
    NSD October Challenge 8/12
    NSD target Sept-Dec 2021 17/50
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,147 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello all - & welcome to Thick n Thin - we love new people on here, so do get posting! It keeps us on the straight & narrow.
    Today's efforts:
    *Baked a granary loaf.
    *Emptied & washed bins - a free bin liner appeared through the letterbox at exactly the right time for this - a charity bag! I always take my stuff to our local shops rather than fill bags which only give a % to the charity, so I am always happy to reuse them instead of buying black bags.
    *Found the cake recipe I'm planning to bake tomorrow when we have guests - I have everything in stock for it.
    *Entered a prize draw & a competition.
    *Did 4 surveys.
    *Received another £5 survey income.
    *Sold another ebay item - 5 more watchers.
    *Wrote shopping list.
    *Lots of admin - not really specifically money saving things, but I guess it sort of is, in the long term, as it was mostly to do with the administering of Mum's estate. Very time consuming, anyway, especially having to deal with Utilities who have already received the information but then waste their time & mine requesting it all again.
    Mr f's cooking night tonight, so I am planning to annexe the sofa & read my book.
    Love to all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi November Networkers,

Afternoon!:coffee: Work day 3/4. :tongue:

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Four:

* Check online banking. Done.

* Take a packed lunch to work. Done. DW has made pickled eggs for Decemberfest. I'm having an unpickled, broken boiled egg in my packed lunch tonight.

* Continue to turn off Wifi Box when we go out. Done.

* Try to elevate mood with comedy on YouTube. Done.

Things don't have to be perfect to be wonderful.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • DawnW
    edited 16 November 2018 at 8:14PM
    Options
    We shared 1 portion of chips and 1 portion of mushy peas between us (good job too as they were huge!) and very much enjoyed it.

We always share a portion of chips on the odd occasion we get them in - the portions are massive, not sure who could eat a whole one :eek:
    Boo, woke up with a sore throat, I knew that GS's constant cold bugs would get me in the end :(

Waiting in this afternoon for my new freezer to be delivered :j It is here :j:j:j
    Hope they come before it gets dark as the access is a bit tricky if you don't know it :eek: Arrived quite soon after I had posted :)
    Went to my sales unit this morning to tidy up / see what had sold, and am looking forward to loading up with Christmas friendly items on Monday when I restock :)
    Went to Sainsbugs to get the things I couldn't get in Aldi yesterday, noticed that they have the coffee I like at £1.50 off, so bought a couple of jars :)
    Listed one item on ebay and another on FB selling site
    RM surveys tasks

Had leftovers for lunch
    Various small tidying / cleaning tasks done
    Changed throws / cushions in lounge, a new look with nothing spent, as I used what I already have :D

Jackets for dinner :)With baked beans, grated cheese and bits from the fridge that needed using - very tasty :)
    Check banks and update spreadsheet Done
    Update calendar with upcoming appointments etc (keep forgetting to do this!) Done
    Look for online surveys Done, just one for onepoll today
    Hope everyone is having a good day :)
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 16 November 2018 at 5:49PM
    Options
    DawnW wrote: »
    We always share a portion of chips on the odd occasion we get them in - the portions are massive, not sure who could eat a whole one

We live a stone's throw away from Scotland's Best F&C Shop 2017. And, ohhh! it's good. Every portion cooked fresh to order. Fresh fish daily and they tell you what boat it came from, local potatoes when possible. Meats are from the local butcher. Recyclable and compostable packaging, or bring your own. They sell all dishes as wee portions or big portions. We eat there about once a month. Great menu: lingoustine scampi, panko lemon sole. And about the same price as the other bog-standard local chip shops. The only thing I won't buy is spicy chips; they're just regular chips dusted with paprika, for an extra 20p.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • DawnW
    Options
    Scottish F&C shops are the best Ally. Best we've had so far was at Arbroath a few years back :)

Didn't fancy the fried Mars bars though :rotfl:
    Also good in Sussex on the South coast, which is where I was originally from.The ones here aren't great, which is why we hardly ever bother :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure