PAYG/Monthly Data hungry, alternative to big suppliers

Options

Comments

• Atasas
    Atasas Posts: 753 Forumite
    Options
    The T&Cs there clearly state (in no. 26) that tethering a phone to a laptop or use in a mi-fi device is prohibited.
    A completely pointless restriction, which has cost them my business. I mean, if the point of it is to limit data usage, why the hell are they offering 30GB of it for £7.50?
    why?- perhaps for somebody watching films, listening music on the phone all the time or... for the ones to be caught out... (all of the networks do that to some degree)

Saying that, I don't believe, I have been throttled down by them yet, but can confirm, that in general / average speed is slower than host network.
    Bearable, none the less
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Kernel_Sanders Posts: 3,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    Do you mean the Vectone offer linked by Kernel Sanders? If so, where did you see it guaranteeing no restrictions?

Clicking his link at https://www.vectonemobile.co.uk/bundles/uk-plans
    takes you to the page of UK plans.

The £10 offer says:

And the T&C's it leads to says the following:

So plenty of restrictions there...

Or are you not referring to the 30GB £10 Vectone offer anymore?
    Don't the tethering restrictions only apply to the promotional offers (i.e. half price@ £7.50)?
    For the current £10/30GB deal, the only tethering restrictions I can find are under no. 26....
    26. Promotional Terms and Conditions
    Vectone Mobile retains the right to cancel or modify these Promotional Terms and Conditions at any time. All promotions only apply after the first Top-Up.
  • Atasas
    Options
    Don't the tethering restrictions only apply to the promotional offers (i.e. half price@ £7.50)?
    For the current £10/30GB deal, the only tethering restrictions I can find are under no. 26....
    Vectone Mobile retains the right to cancel or modify these Promotional Terms and Conditions at any time. All promotions only apply after the first Top-Up.
    Interesting...
    I'll keep an eye, if it comes to it...
  • Inigo_Montoya
    Inigo_Montoya Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Atasas wrote: »
    Gxd1x2D.jpg

IF to un-click amount - there's no option to activate or deactivate auto-top-up... so seems fair!
    You taken up the deal of £7.50 for a first month and £15 there-after, and in accordance to their (additional) throttling down terms...

I get options, in accordance to what I agreed on and can stop auto-top-up, only get throttled down by actual EE network (in accordance to their "policies£ of prioritising MVNO's clients...

Pickle I have remaining, will I get my £15 credit, once my number will be ported over (on Wed), as advertised for doing so. If not, I'll complain, if yes, that'll be 30gb+30gb + another fiver for a third month to be steal of a deal for a tenner! :money:

the auto top up option i am referring to is via

'Personal Details' -> 'payment Options'

Even after turning off the 'auto renew' feature for the UK plan/bundle offer I chose using short code *1160# I still cannot turn off 'auto topup' on this page

However when I look at the page you linked to my account shows auto topup IS showing as OFF

Bit confusing - im guessing autotop is off initially despite it showing on in 'payment options' ?!?
  • Inigo_Montoya
    edited 11 March 2018 at 10:16PM
    Options
    The T&Cs there clearly state (in no. 26) that tethering a phone to a laptop or use in a mi-fi device is prohibited.
    A completely pointless restriction, which has cost them my business. I mean, if the point of it is to limit data usage, why the hell are they offering 30GB of it for £7.50?

if thats the case then it certainly hasnt been enforced at least for my first month & Ive tethered over 20gb

No tethering block at all for me - possibly just throttling after 15gb preventing many videos for playing properly (unless its a temporary network issue)

since I will only ever need that first month per sim I buy then as long as tethering works for the first month this deal works for me - if throttling happened immediately you started tethering then I'd have to reconsider especially now the ebay EE sims are back down to £9 a pop

its a bit different for people who want to keep on using the same sim for the longer term - then the 30gb for £10 is the deal to chose since my deal increases to £15 after the first month

personally I'd suggest theres not much harm in trying one of the deals then stopping if its not what you want - its a one month rolling conract so you cancel whenever you want
  • Atasas
    Options
    the auto top up option i am referring to is via

'Personal Details' -> 'payment Options'

Even after turning off the 'auto renew' feature for the UK plan/bundle offer I chose using short code *1160# I still cannot turn off 'auto topup' on this page

However when I look at the page you linked to my account shows auto topup IS showing as OFF

Bit confusing - im guessing autotop is off initially despite it showing on in 'payment options' ?!?
    You are correct
    yjgtuGv.jpg
    Confusing!
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

I didn't look any further than the terms for the plan referred to in post 335, the £10 for 30GB (with 1000 min and 100 international minutes), those are the terms for that plan.

This one:
    mpVidpo.jpg
    ====
  • Inigo_Montoya
    edited 11 March 2018 at 10:14PM
    Options
    You are correct
    yjgtuGv.jpg
    Confusing!

my guess is you can only turn THAT page to off AFTER the first top-up where it will save your payment details & show them on this page ?

its probably 'failing' as there is no payment details stored which only happens after the first topup
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Kernel_Sanders Posts: 3,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Interesting...
    I'll keep an eye, if it comes to it...
    If what comes to what?
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options