Oneselect ceased trading

Options

Comments

• Karmakat
    Karmakat Posts: 58 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I instigated a switch in suppliers when I began to suspect something was going wrong at oneselect.... firstly they increased my DD and then changed me to monthly billing so it just seemed a bit fishy

The switch completed on 14th December, I received a final bill from oneselect and thought no more about it until a new DD for £80 was taken today for together energy
    I had no idea oneselect had actually folded and haven't received a single email from together energy...I guess because I'm no longer a customer but it hasn't stopped them taking money from my account :(
    The starting point of all achievement is desire
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Karmakat wrote: »
    I instigated a switch in suppliers when I began to suspect something was going wrong at oneselect.... firstly they increased my DD and then changed me to monthly billing so it just seemed a bit fishy

The switch completed on 14th December, I received a final bill from oneselect and thought no more about it until a new DD for £80 was taken today for together energy
    I had no idea oneselect had actually folded and haven't received a single email from together energy...I guess because I'm no longer a customer but it hasn't stopped them taking money from my account :(
    Contact your bank & demand an immediate refund under the Direct Debit Guarantee.
  • Happymonday
    Options
    Hi All.

I could do with a bit of advice. Before Oneselect ceased trading I was about £200 in credit. I was told a few weeks ago by Together Energy that the remaining credit amount would be shared with me by the end of the month but this has not happened. When I called Together today I was told that these details had not yet been shared by One Select.

I am now in a quandry as I do not want to stay with Together Energy as their offered tariff is still not as good as some of the other companies out there. So - should I go ahead and switch with some level of confidence that my credit will also transfer across (will be a lot less due to the cold weather over the last two months!) or would I be better waiting until Together have all the details?

Advice appreciated.
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All.

I could do with a bit of advice. Before Oneselect ceased trading I was about £200 in credit. I was told a few weeks ago by Together Energy that the remaining credit amount would be shared with me by the end of the month but this has not happened. When I called Together today I was told that these details had not yet been shared by One Select.

I am now in a quandry as I do not want to stay with Together Energy as their offered tariff is still not as good as some of the other companies out there. So - should I go ahead and switch with some level of confidence that my credit will also transfer across (will be a lot less due to the cold weather over the last two months!) or would I be better waiting until Together have all the details?

Advice appreciated.
    Just switch asap as I did. My switch completed two days ago and I also cancelled the Direct debit Together Energy had set up without my consent at almost the sane time. As I owed for December and January's energy supply the two direct debits Together Energy took will most likely cover what I owe but I have no worries if I end up in credit as Together Energy must pay back any amounts they or One Select owe.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

...that's more than a bit alarming - I (fortunately) grabbed a statement from the OS website before it vanished,which showed I had a credit of ~ £48 end of play with OS on 14th December. I downloaded that early this month. Since Together claim that they have kept on the OS staff based in Reading, I can't see why it is taking so long to transfer balances over.:mad:
    I'm in the process of moving ,so fortunately I'll owe TE considerably more than £48!!:)
  • Happymonday
    Options
    Some good advice- thanks. I am going to cancel my DD with TE and then switch. If there are any issues raised I can use this to force them to confirm the credit.
  • nickcc
    Options
    Some good advice- thanks. I am going to cancel my DD with TE and then switch. If there are any issues raised I can use this to force them to confirm the credit.

I cancelled my DD yesterday and received two emails from Together Energy advising me that they would be unable to collect anymore payments so looks like they are unable to raise a new direct debit.
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    nickcc wrote: »
    Just switch asap as I did. My switch completed two days ago and I also cancelled the Direct debit Together Energy had set up without my consent at almost the sane time. As I owed for December and January's energy supply the two direct debits Together Energy took will most likely cover what I owe but I have no worries if I end up in credit as Together Energy must pay back any amounts they or One Select owe.
    I'm in the same situation except my switch hasn't completed yet. I did however cancel my last OS DD when I was £200 in credit & then cancelled the DD set up by Together without my permission so they haven't taken any payments from me. I have sent them seven or eight emails offering to pay what I owe but haven't had any response. At present I reckon that I owe Together about £400 but my switch seems to be progressing OK.
  • nickcc
    Options
    nigelbb wrote: »
    I'm in the same situation except my switch hasn't completed yet. I did however cancel my last OS DD when I was £200 in credit & then cancelled the DD set up by Together without my permission so they haven't taken any payments from me. I have sent them seven or eight emails offering to pay what I owe but haven't had any response. At present I reckon that I owe Together about £400 but my switch seems to be progressing OK.

To be honest I'm not that bothered about the two payments as I've almost certainly used more energy than I've paid for, it's just the way that TE have assumed that they can do whatever they like and few people will complain mainly because they don't answer emails or phone calls.
  • Alan_in_Hemel
    Options
    i have read all the negative comments on here but I have been impressed with how Together Energy have dealt with picking up the One Select accounts. Let's be honest One Select where pretty poor so I doubt their records will be easy to transfer to the Together Energy system. I telephoned Together Energy and spoke to a very helpful adviser and decided to take out a three year fix with them. They were not the cheapest but certainly competitive. This means they may stay in business a bit longer. At the end of the call the adviser gave me his personal email at Together Energy and said to email him anytime if I had any queries. I have never had that from an energy company before.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback