Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Options

Comments

• Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Put your flight details into bottonline and then euclaim they will tell you if they think you have a claim
  • Ross39
    Ross39 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    (My orginial post was on thr last page).

Ive still not recived any reply fornmy complaint which i sent on the 15/07/18 or the follow up email regarding only reciving compensation for the flight for myself and my wife, and not our lapping sitting daughter and again mentioning my complaint on the 28/07/18.

What should my next step be?
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ross39 wrote: »
    (My orginial post was on thr last page).

Ive still not recived any reply fornmy complaint which i sent on the 15/07/18 or the follow up email regarding only reciving compensation for the flight for myself and my wife, and not our lapping sitting daughter and again mentioning my complaint on the 28/07/18.

What should my next step be?

They are very slow, but I'd give it another week then follow up with a LBA, that should get things moving.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Joenskyesmum
    Options
    Hi I’m hoping for some advice on Saturday 28th July we flew from Stansted to Antalya was due to take off at 15:40 but eventually took off 22:20ish I filled in the online compensation form when we arrived home but this morning had an email stating that the delay was due to air traffic control and we would receive nothing I might have left it there but there were other flights with other airlines going to the same place that flew on time we missed the first night of our holiday and didn’t arrive at hotel until 7:30am can I dispute this ??
    Thanks in advance x
  • Justice13075
    Options
    put your flight details into bottonline and then euclaim and see what they say.
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Looks like it was a weather issue and then ATC flow restrictions

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-44992676

Both delay reasons would unfortunately support TC's rejection of EU261 compensation although duty of care for passengers should still have been provided in the form of refreshments/water whilst at STN.
  • Cunny666666
    Options
    Has anyone had any joy claiming flight delay compensation on mt308 from Manchester to Antalya on June 14th 2018. The sounds of silence from TC are deafening. I’ve now opened a case with the CEDR and will see how that goes
  • adam0412
    adam0412 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Im just wondering if anyone can guide me in the right direction regarding a delayed flight me and my GF were on in 2016 from Gran Canaria to Manchester.

The delay was 4 hours, we did the complaint form through ThomasCook where later we recieved this email...

"Thank you for contacting Thomas Cook Customer Relations.

I am sorry that you were delayed and for any inconvenience that this must have caused you. We work really hard to ensure that when a flight is delayed the disruption caused is kept to an absolute minimum.

In October 2012, the European Court of Justice confirmed that passengers could claim for flight delays under EU Regulation 261/2004. A full investigation has been carried out and this shows that your flight was delayed for 179 minutes based on your arrival time. This is not within the qualifying time set out in the regulation. In this case a payment of compensation would not be payable.

The on-time performance of your flight is as important to us as it is to you, thank you for contacting us and we look forward to welcoming you to travel with us again soon.

Thank you once again for contacting us and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to ask."

I then emailed back with this....

"I am writing to you in connection with the above delayed flight and your recent email.

The flight was supposed to depart from Gran Canaria (LPA), Spain at 20:45 on the 16/06/2016 and arrive at Manchester (MAN), Manchester Airport, United Kingdom at 01:10 on 17/06/2016 but it was delayed as you are aware.

In your email you mention that !!!8220;in October 2012, the European Court of Justice confirmed that passengers could claim for flight delays under EU Regulation 261/2004. Further you claim that !!!8220;a full investigation has been carried out and this shows that your flight was delayed for 179 minutes based on your arrival time but have not given indication of the cause for example weather, technical or other extraordinary event. You also mention !!!8220;This is not within the qualifying time set out in the regulation. In this case a payment of compensation would not be payable!!!8221;.

As you state the delay must be at least three hours however this is measured in a particular way. Out of decency and customer service to state the measured arrival airport time is slightly differential is not welcomed. It also excludes the subject of how easy the passenger can exit the plane and or has caused passenger further difficulty with ongoing schedules.

I do not wish to take matters further through other legal avenues and or decide not to fly with your airline again however feel that on this occasion a review of the circumstances would be most welcome and ensure that holiday enjoyments will continue.

Yours sincerely,"

After this email I didn't receive any response. Fast forwarding two years later to now I would still like to claim for it but wondering what most efficient route of action is best to take. I was going to let a third party deal with this but I've heard many stories with flight delayed companies.

Any help will be appreciated. :)
  • Justice13075
    Options
    Put your flight details into bottonline and then euclaim and see what they say first If they say you are due compensation google and download Vaubans Guide then read. On page 6 is a template letter send it and give them14 days to pay. If they fail you can use the small claims court or hand it to a No Win No Fee Solicitor one of the 2 above. Come back if you need any more help. Good Luck
  • adam0412
    adam0412 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for the quick response! I've just read through the guide, I do have one question...

Does it matter if i send the NBA/LBA from my email, as the past emails shared were in correspondence to my GF's email. I assume it doesn't matter as were both claiming together, but just want to make sure.

Thanks again,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport