3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Options

Comments

• Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning all

I'm now up to £800 & looking forward to breaking the first £ 1000 barrier in July :)

M
  • -Selene
    -Selene Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    66p interest earned on my EF + my regular monthly payment makes my EF a healthy-ish £631.53. Feeling very proud of myself as I've only started saving at the beginning of this year and have four other pots getting fed too :D

Helen I hope you get better soon :grouphug:
    SPC - #483 [banked £134.15] - :staradmin :staradmin gold stars from Sue-UU!
    VSP - #33 [29.8%] | 3-6 Month EF - #41 [12.6%] | £1,000 EF - #186 [4%] | Save £6k in 2016 - #180 [24.6%]
  • sophieo16
    sophieo16 Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 28 June 2016 at 8:24PM
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Helen, i hope you are feeling better!

Payday for me today so little more to add to the 3-6 EF

#5 £2123.14/£3000 (70.77%)

I could have potentially had a extra £150 to add to the fund but i overspent massively in June with it being my birthday. I always have a busy June, friends visiting etc. and sometimes i just go overboard. I'm alittle mad at myself about that as i had to add that back into my £1000 EF. Bad Sophie.

Ive had a small (very small) sale on eBay but ill wait to add this in after they take their share.

Once the interest in my different accounts trickle in they will be popped into the EF too. Now that i can see the light at the end of the tunnel everything is being thrown at this :j The quicker i get there the quicker i can move on to saving for a new car and house deposit!

Sophie
    Mortgage Feb 2023- £249,210 MFW 2023 #20: £524.05/£500 (104.81%)
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning Everyone... :)

Well I'm starting to finally feel better....I hope it continues.....apart from Hayfever, which I can't do anything about as I can't take anti-histimines as they react badly with other Medication that I take....so that's a little annoying....but not to worry....

Nothing to Report moneywise from me....

evo5819 - No worries for the Welcome, it's great to have you here....I look forward to hearing your Updates... xXx :)

skye blue - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AWESOME!! Keep it going hun... xXx :)

Munchin - I've Updated the First Page....You're also doing BRILLIANT!! Keep going hun xXx :)

-Selene - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing AMAZING!! Keep going....You should feel proud and thank you, I'm starting to feel better.... xXx :)

sophieo16 - I've Updated the First Page....WOW, how BRILLIANT are you doing?? Keep going....Thank You, I AM feeling better and I hope you had a great Birthday hun....we all need treats every now and again so don't beat yourself up!! xXx :)
  • BlackFrosting
    BlackFrosting Posts: 10 Forumite
    edited 29 June 2016 at 5:49AM
    Options
    May I join?

Can you swap positivelypunked for this account please?
    I need a new start and I have a clear focus for my fiances now

I already have £69.37 saved - I emptied the account for an emergency a few weeks a go
    Future home - £1,650/ £5,000(33%)
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    £63.56 added to my total today. So £893.56
    I'm trying to throw most funds at the car fund and this one.
    Hope your feeling better Helen.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • sophieo16
    sophieo16 Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 29 June 2016 at 11:09AM
    Options
    Morning Everyone... :)

Well I'm starting to finally feel better....I hope it continues.....apart from Hayfever, which I can't do anything about as I can't take anti-histimines as they react badly with other Medication that I take....so that's a little annoying....but not to worry....

Nothing to Report moneywise from me....

evo5819 - No worries for the Welcome, it's great to have you here....I look forward to hearing your Updates... xXx :)

skye blue - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AWESOME!! Keep it going hun... xXx :)

Munchin - I've Updated the First Page....You're also doing BRILLIANT!! Keep going hun xXx :)

-Selene - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing AMAZING!! Keep going....You should feel proud and thank you, I'm starting to feel better.... xXx :)

sophieo16 - I've Updated the First Page....WOW, how BRILLIANT are you doing?? Keep going....Thank You, I AM feeling better and I hope you had a great Birthday hun....we all need treats every now and again so don't beat yourself up!! xXx :)

Thanks for updating Helen. This is where all of my spare money is going now. Just keeping my fingers crossed that something doesn't crop up.

I also get really bad hay fever and can't use anti-histamines. A friend of mine was the same but they never used to work for him. One thing he swears by is a thumb size piece of ginger and 1 apple put through a juicer in the morning. May be worth a try?
    Mortgage Feb 2023- £249,210 MFW 2023 #20: £524.05/£500 (104.81%)
  • LittleMissDetermined
    Options
    Good morning peeps

Popping in to say I've added £30 to my fund today. I'm still nowhere near but most of our money goes on clearing debts.

Have a great day xx

LMD
    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2024 1p challenge #11 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    Sealed pot 2024 £2551.68 | EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £970/£3000 | Holiday spends £540 | General Saver £2422.48
  • mum-to-many_2
    Options
    Hi Could I join this challenge please? I would like an emergency fund of £3000.

My main work is self employment from home, I also have paye work 4 hrs a week and cover holidays and sickness. I have just taken on some extra work 5 hrs at a different place after they came in and asked my employer if they could poach me for 5 hrs a week. The 3rd job have agreed to pay directly in to my savings account so this will help I will also be required to cover more shifts in time. I would like to be in a position after the summer holidays where we can put all of my paye earnings into savings and live off my self employment earnings. I need to find my log in details for my savings account to get an accurate total so for the time being I will declare £50/£3000.
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Happy 01st July Everyone! :j

My payment for this month has gone in...

Total = £1000.00/£1500.00 :T

Feels good to hit that 1K mark. Keep up the good work everyone!!!

:)
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income